Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Freebies and Trades (trade steam, origin, etc. keys here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

mrcheez wrote: »
    The freebies are mostly strategy these days, plus they are less frequent than last few years. Anyone notice that?

Also a lot of multiplayer only games

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

mrcheez wrote: »
    The freebies are mostly strategy these days, plus they are less frequent than last few years. Anyone notice that?

Online gaming has partially killed pure strategy as a genre. Any strategy game is click as fast as you can simulator now.

I played online ranked rts 10-15 years ago and many people played defensively, you'd spend some time building a base and preparing for an attack then going for it. Now you must follow the exact optimal build order, attack immediately and the first person to execute the steps wins.

I used to play LOTR BFME 2 ROTWK and big bases were the norm towards the end of it's lifespan you built 2 unit creation buildings, as many resource buildings as possible, never bother with upgrading the units just lash as many units into your opponent as you can and whoever got their first 2 units out usually won. Being Idle for a second will loose you the game now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,737 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I just noticed I haven't bothered getting many of the freebies this year, whereas last few years I pretty much added every freebie.

I'm not a fan of RTS or multiplayer so put it down to this.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,243 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I've stopped adding humble bundle freebies as they've always expired long before I ever thing to actually redeem the codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,419 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

well here's another one for you not to redeem

Orwell

• Advertisement

Strategy?

Skerries wrote: »

Now that's more like it :) ... kinda like when we got Layers of Fear for free

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

For Honor starter edition is free on Steam atm

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/battlefield/news/road-to-battlefield-premium-free-for-all-players

Battlefield 1 season pass free September 11th-18th
    We're Giving Away Battlefield 1 Premium Pass

On the road ahead, you'll also find a rather grand giveaway of Battlefield 1 Premium Pass.

The Battlefield 1 Premium Pass giveaway is set to run from September 11 to 18, as our way to capstone all the giveaways and rewards from the Road to Battlefield V. This offer will let Battlefield 1 owners play everything Battlefield 1 Premium Pass has to offer for free*.

You'll be granted access to all the maps, weapons, vehicles, and more from the four Battlefield 1 expansions — They Shall Not Pass, In the Name of the Tsar, Turning Tides, and Apocalypse. This means access to 16 multiplayer maps, new Operations and game modes, powerful Elite classes, and more.

Battlefield 1 Premium Pass is a great way for Battlefield 1 base game owners to play all the great post-launch content and whet your appetite as we enter mankind's greatest conflict in Battlefield V, come November.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,039 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I just saw yesterday that EA stopped their On the House giveaways

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭764dak

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I just saw yesterday that EA stopped their On the House giveaways
    It seems a shame. I missed when they gave away Jade Empire a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,039 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

9 free DRM-free games here to download
    https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly/trove

You don't need to be a monthly subscriber by the look of it.

Alan Wake American Nightmare
    Limbo
    Uurnog
    Fortune-499
    Tiny Echo
    Cat Girl Without Salad
    Drawkanoid
    THOR.N
    Crescent Bay

Woah Alan Wake and Limbo are superb

The Culling now free to play

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

dunno where else to put it:

Unused Binary Domain steam key: 6BXBK-9YCEK-6MN7Q

first game of the new Fanatical bundle is free - Spacecom

Tier 1 - Spacecom - Free
    Tier 2 - Styx, Soulblight, Mooseman, Carmageddon Max Damage - €1.05
    Tier 3 - Day of Infamy, Mordheim: city of the damned, Sexy brutale, Savage Lands, Tropico 5, Sky Break, Super Cloud Built, Tower 57 €5.19
    Tier 4 - Medieval: Kingdom Wars, Bombshell, SoulBringer, The Lions Song, The Painscreek Killings - €7.19

• Advertisement

NaissanceE

Free tommorow from 10am US (PST) time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

"Due to technical issues, SPACECOM is currently not available as a free tier. If you purchase any tier of the bundle, you will receive the game with your purchase."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

The Tiny Bang Story free on Steam until 6pm tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,243 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I have a month free trial of game pass for anyone that wants it since there was no takers in the xbox forum. There's not a lot on it for PC at the mo but Forza Horizon 4 is just out and is meant to be excellent.

When I used one for sea of thieves I got an extra month for turning on auto renew so potentially you can get two months out of it.

For the code to work you need to have not been signed up to Game Pass before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I have a month free trial of game pass for anyone that wants it since there was no takers in the xbox forum. There's not a lot on it for PC at the mo but Forza Horizon 4 is just out and is meant to be excellent.

When I used one for sea of thieves I got an extra month for turning on auto renew so potentially you can get two months out of it.

For the code to work you need to have not been signed up to Game Pass before.
    I’ll take it if it’s not been taken :D

I’ll take it if it’s not been taken :D

Sure thing, just PM'd you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Evolvation free on Steam for a limited time.
    There's a bit of a story about why it's free, which is worth a read, lol.
    4th most popular game on Steam atm, multiplayer only game btw.
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/510840/Evolvation/

• Advertisement

Warhammer 40.000: Space Marine

edit:

unfortunately some steps involved
    You need to be logged in to see the offer and have your adblock disabled, then click "get your key" and solve the captcha

Advertisement