Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Freebies and Trades (trade steam, origin, etc. keys here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

that's how it worked ahahah :)

I got 4 at some point and they seem to have multiplied :)

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

with 23 page of dialog it will take some time to back date ... at the same time ... just for respect of all the lads who gave away something ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Good idea Korvanica!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Patrick 1 wrote: »
    @Korvanica and @synesthesia should we back date this thing or start from now?
    with 23 page of dialog it will take some time to back date ... at the same time ... just for respect of all the lads who gave away something ...

If someone has time to do it and is willing then go for it. I'm currently in work and my skiving off level is too damn high !

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Patrick 1

That's what I was thinking, some people have been amazing with this.
    Also I have a 75% coupon for serious sam 3 if anyone's interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

And hence why in the world would anyone want to trade a few DOTA keys they got for free for someone's paid game.

It should be part of the rules for this thread to not suggest trading keys that are widely considered as free.

You should head to the freebies thread if you want to give away DOTA keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

You should head to the freebies thread if you want to give away DOTA keys.

Please don't even do that, everyone and their mother has dota keys at this stage. Anyone who wanted one got one months ago, they're just a complete nuisance at this stage and the less said about them the better.

I think I have another set of Humble Bundle #3 + #4 keys to give again, I'm 90% sure they haven't been redeemed but they will need to be checked.

First to quote who meets the post requirements and one per person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭dsrckiyisvddht

Big Knox wrote: »
    I think I have another set of Humble Bundle #3 + #4 keys to give again, I'm 90% sure they haven't been redeemed but they will need to be checked.

Me please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

I'd sure like one of those there old matey,please

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

Me too please if possible Big Knox :)

Me please

Apologies mate but you've made 2 posts in the last year and a half and one of those was yesterday. I'm going to give it to the lads below, sorry again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭dsrckiyisvddht

Apologies mate but you've made 2 posts in the last year and a half and one of those was yesterday. I'm going to give it to the lads below, sorry again.

Ouch. Maybe should update thread rules for recent posts.

No worries though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Cheers again man,much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

Worked perfect, thanks BK :)

Doc updated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Couple of suggestions

Limit the amount of codes a person can ask for in a certain time period i.e 1 per 3days/week
    Once a person reaches said limit the op is updated with his/her name and removed after the 3 days / week
    The Giver can then see the names of people who have gotten a code and give it to someone who hasn't

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I have 4 steam keys to give away:
    (1 per person, minimum of 100 posts)

Zombie Shooter

Zombie Shooter 2

Alien Hallway

Alien Shooter Revisited

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Patrick 1

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    Couple of suggestions

Limit the amount of codes a person can ask for in a certain time period i.e 1 per 3days/week
    Once a person reaches said limit the op is updated with his/her name and removed after the 3 days / week
    The Giver can then see the names of people who have gotten a code and give it to someone who hasn't

I think making a macro for such a thing may be possible, I'll give it a look in a while,

Look the thread is working very well atm and while some people are getting a game every other day, what's the harm. Let's just leave things as they are and not ruin it all with rule after rule.

Anyways I have a Metro 2033 key if anyone wants it. Have a slew of others that I'll post up when I get home later in the week.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Look the thread is working very well atm and while some people are getting a game every other day, what's the harm.
    Because not everyone can have the luxury of being on boards all the time with work and what not, so miss out on codes a lot of the time, to the same few people who are online here more regularly. Its just to make it a bit fairer.

Because not everyone can have the luxury of being on boards all the time with work and what not, so miss out on codes a lot of the time, to the same few people who are online here more regularly. Its just to make it a bit fairer.

Well then I'm afraid to say that, that is your problem. If you can't be online and miss out then tough luck. May sound harsh but so far this thread has been a success and any meddling now is only going to make things more difficult. Fair has nothing to do with it, if someone offers up a code and someone who has already gotten 100 codes asks for it then it's up to the person giving away the code to decide. I think it would be a little unfair to say to a user, "you can't give your code to that person, you have to give it to me cause he got one yesterday and dem are the rules".

Well then I'm afraid to say that, that is your problem. If you can't be online and miss out then tough luck. May sound harsh but so far this thread has been a success and any meddling now is only going to make things more difficult. Fair has nothing to do with it, if someone offers up a code and someone who has already gotten 100 codes asks for it then it's up to the person giving away the code to decide. I think it would be a little unfair to say to a user, "you can't give your code to that person, you have to give it to me cause he got one yesterday and dem are the rules".

And what some of us are trying to do is make it easier for the person giving away the code to decide. Having everything in a spreadsheet is a lot easier than reading back through hundreds of posts or checking the receivers post history.

Look the thread is working very well atm and while some people are getting a game every other day, what's the harm. Let's just leave things as they are and not ruin it all with rule after rule.

Anyways I have a Metro 2033 key if anyone wants it. Have a slew of others that I'll post up when I get home later in the week.
    Can I have the metro code please

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    Can I have the metro code please

you look for lots of codes man! slightly ironic that a few posts above you said to make a rule that people should only be able to ask for one code every week or so. :pac::pac:

Korvanica wrote: »
    And what some of us are trying to do is make it easier for the person giving away the code to decide. Having everything in a spreadsheet is a lot easier than reading back through hundreds of posts or checking the receivers post history.

What it seems like is a lot of people are annoyed that some users have gotten 5 or 6 codes when they've only gotten 2 or 3.

Things are working quite well as they are, there is no need to go and add more rules or spreadsheets or anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Korvanica wrote: »

I mostly agree with Darko. It's up to the person offering to decide who gets the key, no one else can or should be allowed to do that.

Your spreadsheet will help the person offering make an informed decision and so is a good idea.

But saying that no one who has less than n posts or less than n months registered can get a key is simply not fair. We saw one such incident like 2 pages ago. Someone who was registered since 2006, 7 years ago, was denied a key based off his post count.

I don't think that was fair, if that were a rule, he would have to go and spam some boards to get his post count up to be eligible. And then he would be called out for that.

So, in summation, anyone can request, the offerer can decide based on their own rules, the spreadsheet will help people give keys fairly. There should be no global rules.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Look men, no use complaining about people getting multiple codes every day or whatever or people not giving codes back to the community, we all should know that this is what these threads eventually turn into: pot luck for getting codes, because as more popular this thread gets, the more users find out about it, even people who never look in the games section, and they will sub to it, reducing the chance of getting a code. Were seeing users ask for codes here, who have just signed up 5 minutes ago, and users who haven't posted on boards for over a year.

Free stuff attracts people. plain and simple.

There's always going to be users who will take the piss, and just fish for codes non stop, its the same as in real life, if there is free food on a table, a couple of people will abuse it by taking more than is "decent" and wont say thanks. Just the way the cookie crumbles.

One thing though that does annoy me a lot, ill admit, is users taking codes of games, for the sake of it i.e having no real intention of playing the game any time soon, but take it regardless. You know who you are :D

If you don't like the way this thread is run, well sorry but there's not much that can be done. If you don't like it just unsub, steam keys only cost a few bucks anyway.

I'm gracious to have gotten a couple of codes!

Digitalism wrote: »
    you look for lots of codes man! slightly ironic that a few posts above you said to make a rule that people should only be able to ask for one code every week or so. :pac::pac:
    Without any rules its too tempting to ask as I just got a new gaming pc Id like a limit just so I would'nt feel like browsing this thread at collage lol

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

But saying that no one who has less than n posts or less than n months registered can get a key is simply not fair. We saw one such incident like 2 pages ago. Someone who was registered since 2006, 7 years ago, was denied a key based off his post count.

I don't think that was fair, if that were a rule, he would have to go and spam some boards to get his post count up to be eligible. And then he would be called out for that.
    The thought process behind that is an understandable one; its that if he hasnt posted on boards in like 2 years, or only has 50 posts in 6 years, then he hasnt contributed enough to the boards community to warrant a free code over someone who is an active poster in the games community and contributed a lot to discussions. Dont you think that is understandable?

Advertisement