Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Freebies and Trades (trade steam, origin, etc. keys here)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Thanks as always for the tip Spear!

Microsoft's ecosystem is a confusing place I've never been before.

The Sim games listed seem to be free all the time, but if you click on the "Show more" link, there are literally hundreds of other free games there.

In contrast, that last space game you listed is apparently usually $80(!!!!).

I just stole a list from guru3d.com, it's not exactly a major effort on my part.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,768 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Rather annoyingly the games get installed automatically, doesn't seem to be a way to Add To Library as on Steam?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

mrcheez wrote: »
    Rather annoyingly the games get installed automatically, doesn't seem to be a way to Add To Library as on Steam?

The GET option should do the licence addition thing, though some seemed to prompt to install afterwards.

Spear wrote: »
    The GET option should do the licence addition thing, though some seemed to prompt to install afterwards.

Mine just installed all automatically. Must be a setting somewhere.

• Advertisement

Mortal Shell beta available to play

Skerries wrote: »
    Mortal Shell beta available to play

Ohhhh, that looks good. Had not even heard of it.

Edit : Nah. Another generic DS ripoff. Uninstalled !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

An early heads up for this freebie, but Ubisoft are doing their E3-like stream on Sunday evening. If you watch a certain part of the stream and are logged in with your Uplay account you'll get Watch Dogs 2 free to keep.

More details: https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/watchdogs-2-pc-free-on-july-12th-3500385

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

An early heads up for this freebie, but Ubisoft are doing their E3-like stream on Sunday evening. If you watch a certain part of the stream and are logged in with your Uplay account you'll get Watch Dogs 2 free to keep.

More details: https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/watchdogs-2-pc-free-on-july-12th-3500385

I already own this on Uplay, so I'm not eligible! :)
    But I'm a bit confused! How do you log into YouTube with your Uplay creds? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

marcbrophy wrote: »
    But I'm a bit confused! How do you log into YouTube with your Uplay creds? :confused:
    It'll be streamed on https://www.ubisoft.com/forward (as well as YouTube, Twitch, and Mixer).

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

marcbrophy wrote: »

Maybe I'm looking at it wrong but could it just be free during that part of the stream regardless of whether you're watching it?

It'll be streamed on https://www.ubisoft.com/forward (as well as YouTube, Twitch, and Mixer).

Makes sense :)
    Remouad wrote: »
    Maybe I'm looking at it wrong but could it just be free during that part of the stream regardless of whether you're watching it?

I'd say you've to be logged into the website Robert mentions above during the window, that I think is 20:00 - 20:45 on Sunday and if you were, Ubi will add it to your Uplay account :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Just a heads up Watch Dogs 2 is a excellent game so well worth watching to get the game. I only just finished playing it a week or two ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Just on the Watch Dogs 2
    Join us during UBISOFT FORWARD, our first all-digital conference on 12 July 2020 starting from 19:00 UTC!

Find out more about our upcoming games and take part in on-stream activities, including trivia questions and giveaways, to earn additional rewards.

Remember to log in before tuning into the event to receive a FREE COPY of Watch Dogs 2!
    https://support.ubisoft.com/en-GB/faqs/55655

So, login before 8 this evening then im sure will just be a link to claim it.

as it shows Watch Dogs 2 pic here - https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/forward

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

The Ubisoft store is inaccessible on Uplay because everyone is logging in to get Watch dogs 2.
    Uplay was always slow and laggy as f*ck anyway.
    Also can't login on the website which is also slow as hell.
    Their servers can't handle the load.
    Anyway my GPU is too crap to run Watch dogs 2.
    I have a 6670.
    It's a pity they wouldn't give it away free on Playstation.
    Why is everything always free on PC and on consoles we get sweet f all.

I've been logged in all day! Now this thing starts, I'm auto logged off and can't get back in again! :mad:

Their Uplay app is complete horse poo.
    Maybe try the website when the time comes.
    My faith in Ubi though fixing this especially over here is pretty low.
    The yanks always get top priority with everything.

Oh right.
    Great job Ubi. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Managed to get logged in, I've been given the option to claim watchdogs 2 but the authentication for that keeps failing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Sarn

They’ve updated their page to say they’ll give out the rewards to all of us, even if you were unable to login successfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/SUPERHOTTHEGAME/status/1283793747814363137?s=19

This is free if you already owned Superhot before today.

lmimmfn wrote: »

Don't want to disrupt the thread but has anyone got this yet?
    I still haven't.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

ERG89 wrote: »

Don't want to disrupt the thread but has anyone got this yet?
    I still haven't.

I got it earlier today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,918 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Yeah, got it Tuesday morning.

I checked Tuesday and it was there

I automatically got the Superhot expansion into my Steam account

this is who is eligible

Also available on PS4, XBONE, EGS, GOG

Who is eligible for a free copy of SUPERHOT: MIND CONTROL DELETE?

You’re eligible for a free copy of MCD if you purchased SUPERHOT before the 16th of July 2020 for Steam, PlayStation, Xbox, Epic Games Store, Origin, or GOG. This does not extend to major free giveaways like Twitch Prime, Games With Gold, and similar.

Basically, if you purchased SUPERHOT for one of the supported platforms and paid money for it at any time before the 16th of July 2020, then you’re probably a fantastic human being and you’re eligible for a free copy of SUPERHOT: MIND CONTROL DELETE. How you acquire your free copy varies from platform to platform – see details here.

After 16.07.2020 will new purchases of SUPERHOT include MCD for free?

No, this is a one-time event. Purchasing SUPERHOT will only make you eligible for a free copy of MIND CONTROL DELETE until 16.07.2020. This means that 16.07.2020 (6PM CEST) will be the last day to qualify to receive a free SUPERHOT: MIND CONTROL DELETE by purchasing SUPERHOT.

I have Superhot on Steam, so how do I get MCD?

A free copy of MIND CONTROL DELETE will be added automatically to your Steam library immediately after the release, ready to download and enjoy. It won’t hurt to go and wishlist it while you wait though: link.

• Advertisement

I'm assuming Superhot VR is excluded from the deal

Advertisement