Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Freebies and Trades (trade steam, origin, etc. keys here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

awww - that's nice :)

fair enough though. quick question - i'm not sure to understand how some of ye guys get that many spare keys ... i buy mostly games on steam, and rarely have a spare key ... Am I missing something ?
    People may already have the games, then get extra keys as part of a bundle etc that they don't need to use, since they have the game.

Only key I have atm is for Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Looking for crysis 1 / 2 if anyone has them spare I'd appreciate it Im going to buy them soon but just wondering if anyone has them spare?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,416 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Grimebox wrote: »
    How do people end up with so many keys?

there are loads of bundle sites that have the same games on them so I usually end up with mulptiples of games so easy to give away

check here

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

I can't update the file for some reason :(

So far i've given away :

Burn Zombie Burn
    Alien Shooter 2: Conscription

and got :
    Bioshock

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    Looking for crysis 1 / 2 if anyone has them spare I'd appreciate it Im going to buy them soon but just wondering if anyone has them spare?

Can we create a rule that there can be no begging in this thread?

Most freebie threads on other sites are strict on having no begging.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,322 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Dammit! got Bioshock yesterday, and i want Bioshock 2!!! oh well, i guess i will have a spare bioshock key so :)

Classic, that's exactly how I ended up with my spare Bioshock as well.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Digitalism wrote: »
    Can we create a rule that there can be no begging in this thread?

Most freebie threads on other sites are strict on having no begging.

So, you're begging for a no begging rule? :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Anyone want access to the Steam Trading Card beta?

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

sure ! why not :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Drop me a PM with your Steam account name and Ill send you on an invite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Is that offer open to more than one person?

I have three keys at the moment, so if you want one just drop me a PM - probably easier to just send me on your email address that you want the beta access key to be sent to.

EDIT: Three keys sent to TPD, Falthyron & synesthesia. Hopefully I will have some more soon!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,514 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Big Knox wrote: »
    Please don't even do that, everyone and their mother has dota keys at this stage. Anyone who wanted one got one months ago, they're just a complete nuisance at this stage and the less said about them the better.

I had to ask a friend for one. I've no idea where people get them. Is DOTA 2 any good?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

Bioshock 1 & 2 to give away.

Only one game per person.

First person to quote with their game of choice gets it.

Both games now gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭sulc84

bioshock 2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

1 please

Doh missed Bioshock 2 :( oh well got mass effect in the steam sale finally get to play that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Doh missed Bioshock 2 :( oh well got mass effect in the steam sale finally get to play that

Surely now you dont need to get any more free codes for a while? That will keep you busy for weeks... right? :P

Surely now you dont need to get any more free codes for a while? That will keep you busy for weeks... right? :P
    Yup what is it like 30+ hrs long, plus since I got fifa too all my time is taken with that still might see a freebie I want but I have most of the pc games I orginally wanted to get just missing darksiders 2, bioshock 2, crysis 1+2,alan wake and mass effect 3 hopefully the steam sales come soon lol

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

Yup what is it like 30+ hrs long, plus since I got fifa too all my time is taken with that still might see a freebie I want but I have most of the pc games I orginally wanted to get just missing darksiders 2, bioshock 2, crysis 1+2,alan wake and mass effect 3 hopefully the steam sales come soon lol

Mass Effect 3 is €7 on amazon atm http://www.amazon.com/Effect-Digital-Deluxe-Version-Download/dp/B0064TYRAU/ref=br_lf_m_1000716161_1_7_ttl?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&pf_rd_p=1557128042&pf_rd_s=center-10&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000716161&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=02EEJR0K0V6Q3DVP69K0
    Amazon also have it for €4.65 for some reason :)http://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Arts-40855ss-Effect-33/dp/B0064TYOLW/ref=br_lf_m_1000716161_1_17_ttl?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&pf_rd_p=1557128042&pf_rd_s=center-10&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000716161&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=02EEJR0K0V6Q3DVP69K0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭phily2002

Have Alien Shooter 2: Conscription if anyone wants it, just quote this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Should this thread be stickied? It'll probably naturally stay on top anyway I suppose.

Still.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭friend and foe

phily2002 wrote: »
    Have Alien Shooter 2: Conscription if anyone wants it, just quote this :)

can i have it please?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Does Dota 2 count? seriously steam i dont know that many people!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I've a 75% off coupon for Total War: Shogun 2. Just the base game, not the expansion. I've no use for it, none of my friends who play these kinds of games don't own it already so if anyone wants it it's theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭friend and foe

got AS2:C above, many thanks phily2002 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

I had to ask a friend for one. I've no idea where people get them. Is DOTA 2 any good?

You will soon have about 30 giftable copies in your inventory don't worry :p

Dota is a great game if you're into Moba's. If you have never played one before it's definitely worth trying but be warned they have an extremely difficult learning curve and take a lot of time to learn even a basic level of play. For this reason though they can be quite rewarding (and frustrating when you lose) if you stick with it.

Having said all of that the Dota community can be quite hostile and not very forgiving for new players. You might be better starting with LoL to get a feel if you like the style or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

I'm going to do something a little different, just to be a cu.. for the craic like!

I have a Steam code for Mark of the Ninja and it will go to the first peep who PMs me the names of these three ninjas of videogame fame;

1 ninja1_zpsa5622f17.jpg

2 ninja2_zps01c4c463.jpg

3 ceb6c0dc-94b4-4c9a-b607-bb1856332eba_zpsa1e088a1.jpg

So that's the name of the ninjas themselves, and not the games... And I'll be quite the stickler when it comes to answers :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,514 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

nesf wrote: »
    I've a 75% off coupon for Total War: Shogun 2. Just the base game, not the expansion. I've no use for it, none of my friends who play these kinds of games don't own it already so if anyone wants it it's theirs.

I wouldn't say no if you're offering but it'd be a while until I got a chance to play it. You might want to give it someone else if you want them to make use of it in the near future.
    Big Knox wrote: »
    You will soon have about 30 giftable copies in your inventory don't worry :p

Dota is a great game if you're into Moba's. If you have never played one before it's definitely worth trying but be warned they have an extremely difficult learning curve and take a lot of time to learn even a basic level of play. For this reason though they can be quite rewarding (and frustrating when you lose) if you stick with it.

Having said all of that the Dota community can be quite hostile and not very forgiving for new players. You might be better starting with LoL to get a feel if you like the style or not.

Thanks! What is LOL btw?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Dammit. I had hoped with a while to be the first to introduce a competition. :o

You telepathically stole my idea:p

Advertisement