Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Freebies and Trades (trade steam, origin, etc. keys here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

And the winner is dun duh dun dun... CyberWaste, who got in a couple of minutes ahead of Tinie. UberPrinny_Baal was a little later again, but all three had the correct answers, so well done. The answers were;

1. Goemon
    2. Ryu Hayabusa
    3. Joe Musashi

In Japan, I believe Joe's son Hayate was the star of Shadow Dancer, but the powers that be decided not to confuse us westeners and left Joe as the main man.

The code is on it's way to CyberWaste now, in a pm. Thanks for indulging me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I wouldn't say no if you're offering but it'd be a while until I got a chance to play it. You might want to give it someone else if you want them to make use of it in the near future.

It expires on May 23rd so we can leave it a few days and you can grab it off me then if you still want it.
    Thanks! What is LOL btw?

League of Legends.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I'm just happy I knew my ninjas.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,514 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

That'd be great, thanks!

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

I have three invites into the Steam Trading Card beta, first three people with over 50 posts to quote me gets em :)

• Advertisement

EJ22 wrote: »
    I have three invites into the Steam Trading Card beta, first three people with over 50 posts to quote me gets em :)

Wouldn't mind one. Curious to see what it's all about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Everyone's on about this just interested to see what it is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

ussjtrunks wrote: »

You are relentless :D Some pair of balls on you... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭taytothief

Falthyron wrote: »
    You are relentless :D Some pair of balls on you... :pac:

It is getting a little silly now.

How did you enjoy Darksiders ussjtrunks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

cheers dude, if you still have em, my steam id is in my sig

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

do yourself a favour and take a break or I doubt you'll get any other gifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

To be fair it's not a game just a steam profile thing wouldn't have asked otherwise, also got a hour in of darksiders today and it plays really well though the story was a tad hard to follow just played through level 1 atm

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

To be fair it's not a game just a steam profile thing wouldn't have asked otherwise, also got a hour in of darksiders today and it plays really well though the story was a tad hard to follow just played through level 1 atm

The start of Darksiders was a mess alright. Stick with it though, pays off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Could we no limit the amount of games someone gets to one per week or something? Free thread like this will always attract people who take the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

Jet Black wrote: »
    Could we no limit the amount of games someone gets to one per week or something? Free thread like this will always attract people who take the piss.

There should at least be some sort of "fair usage" rule put in place

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Jet Black wrote: »
    There should at least be some sort of "fair usage" rule put in place

This has been mentioned and discussed. Lots of people were against it for some reason. It was decided that it is up to the giver to decide who gets it, I tried starting a document to help people decide easier but noone got on board with it so any givers now have to trawl through askers posts. Its a little annoying seeing the same people constantly asking for stuff though.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

i think the excel file was a good plan

i think the excel file was a good plan

So did a lot of people. But the only giver to PM me for editing rights was Patrick 1, so only his & my stuff is on there, plus a few other things i started to do but stopped when I realised I don't really have the time to update it for everyone. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

can we create a shared document ? i'll happilly udpate it.

can we create a shared document ? i'll happilly udpate it.

It is a shared one, PM me your email and Ill add you.

Link

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭dsrckiyisvddht

Why don't ye set up a private boards.ie group on steam. Then everyone join who fits the criteria.
    Then raffle the codes off on steamgifts.com to only the group?

Why don't ye set up a private boards.ie group on steam. Then everyone join who fits the criteria.

Never seen steamgifts.com before, very cool site.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Korvanica wrote: »
    It is a shared one, PM me your email and Ill add you.

Link

You could leave it editable by anyone with a link, Google Drive has a version history that lets you see all the edits anyone makes in chronological order. So if someone comes in a deletes a load of their received items then you can check that and undo it.

It worked well with the Nexus 4 order sheet.

You could leave it editable by anyone with a link, Google Drive has a version history that lets you see all the edits anyone makes in chronological order. So if someone comes in a deletes a load of their received items then you can check that and undo it.

It worked well with the Nexus 4 order sheet.

Thats what I was afraid of hence keeping editing private to givers, sure ill open it up and we can see what happens .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,416 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

have you won anything there?
    I have given away over 40 games and only won back 3

Skerries wrote: »
    have you won anything there?
    I have given away over 40 games and only won back 3

Nope.

If we keep it private to a boards.ie group it will mean less people and more chance of winning.

You can also limit the draw to only people who have contributed games over €x amount.

Steamgifts also enforces you to have games in steam valued over €100 so this might exclude some.

Can we not keep bringing io the whole rules crap. It was shown that thus far nesrly everyone has acted civil and respectful toward the intentions of the thread. Only one User has abused the set up by repeatedly asking for free games and I imagine anyone giving away codes will aware of who he is and can ignore him if they want. If a User feels strongly about what sort of User should get stuff then, when they have something to give they can make up any number of restrictions as to who gets their games. Till then, its a little rich to to expect users giving away games to play by the rules of people who want these rules simply because they are afraid they'll miss out on some freebies

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

Can we not keep bringing io the whole rules crap. It was shown that thus far nesrly everyone has acted civil and respectful toward the intentions of the thread. Only one User has abused the set up by repeatedly asking for free games and I imagine anyone giving away codes will aware of who he is and can ignore him if they want. If a User feels strongly about what sort of User should get stuff then, when they have something to give they can make up any number of restrictions as to who gets their games. Till then, its a little rich to to expect users giving away games to play by the rules of people who want these rules simply because they are afraid they'll miss out on some freebies

Personally I'm not afraid of missing out on games at all because I buy nearly every bundle that comes out and I have a ton of games in my Steam library , iv only asked for 2 and have offered up a good few more than that, the reason I think there should be some sort rule (nothing to strict) is that I wouldn't want someone missing out because certain people are just lurking all day and asking for pretty much anything that comes up, im also thinking about the thread in the long run as its only been up around a week and people are already taking advantage of it.

Personally I'm not afraid of missing out on games at all because I buy nearly every bundle that comes out and I have a ton of games in my Steam library , iv only asked for 2 and have offered up a good few more than that, the reason I think there should be some sort rule (nothing to strict) is that I wouldn't want someone missing out because certain people are just lurking all day and asking for pretty much anything that comes up, im also thinking about the thread in the long run as its only been up around a week and people are already taking advantage of it.

This is why I suggested the SteamGifts coupled with a private group.
    These raffles can be set open from 60minutes to 1week.

• Advertisement

This is why I suggested the SteamGifts coupled with a private group.
    These raffles can be set open from 60minutes to 1week.

I like the steamgifts idea

How does steamgifts work? do you get P over time or something ? I registered this morning and have gotten 25 extra P since then... :confused:

Advertisement