Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Freebies and Trades (trade steam, origin, etc. keys here)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Korvanica wrote: »
    I like the steamgifts idea

How does steamgifts work? do you get P over time or something ? I registered this morning and have gotten 25 extra P since then... :confused:

Yeah it goes up gradually over time, about a point every few minutes. Think it stops at 300, so you cant farm up into the thousands.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

...certain people...

...but it's not really certain people (plural), more a certain person. If you have a look back through the thread you'll see that I counted up the games requests per person, and only one was really taking the piss. I thought at that stage he might have backed off a bit but the lad obviously has a bit of a brass neck on him, but personally I don't think he is doing himself any favours in the long term. Anyway, point is that the thread is working fine imo, let it be.

James74 wrote: »
    ...but it's not really certain people (plural), more a certain person. If you have a look back through the thread you'll see that I counted up the games requests per person, and only one was really taking the piss. I thought at that stage he might have backed off a bit but the lad obviously has a bit of a brass neck on him, but personally I don't think he is doing himself any favours in the long term. Anyway, point is that the thread is working fine imo, let it be.

The most hilarious thing is that he posted this himself:
    ussjtrunks wrote: »
    Couple of suggestions

Limit the amount of codes a person can ask for in a certain time period i.e 1 per 3days/week
    Once a person reaches said limit the op is updated with his/her name and removed after the 3 days / week
    The Giver can then see the names of people who have gotten a code and give it to someone who hasn't

Yet doesnt seem to think it should apply to him :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Even if the steam gifts thing was set up, most people would probably just use this thread as its hassle free and quick and easy. As I said before best to keep it simple and avoid too many rules. People abusing the thread are only damaging themselves in the long run as people are going to be more reluctant to give out gifts to them after seeing they've already got a fair few already. The main abuser hasn't won many fans and I reckon its pointless him even asking for another code in the near future and stating that it has been only 1 person. The majority of people will be curtious and won't take advantage of other people as they're smart enough to know not to piss people off that are giving them free stuff. The scabs and beggers and greedy idiots will be in the minority and they're easy weed out and spot. If some one is taking advantage, just name and shame so people are aware of people not to gift.
    Its hard to dictate a large set of rules to people that are donating. The more complicated it gets the less likely people are to partake. For most of us its getting rid of unwanted games that we can give to people in an easy and non restrictive way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

I'm going to try and forget this thread exits for a while as I'm busy with collage anyway but the last 3 things I asked for I didn't get so its obvious I'm too active in this thread for my own good and that the givers will selectively choose who deserves a code so this thread is working the way it is. Is there any forum for talking about pc games in general so I can avoid this thread and just bookmark that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

I do agree with what everyone is saying, the only reason I would have liked a rule was more to nip it in the bud early so to deter people from trying to abuse it in the future, I'm sure naming and shaming might work too, its not really my style tho.

Humble Indie Bundle #2 Steam Key here for whoever wants it. FTQ gets it.

Games in it I think are:

Braid
    Cortex Command
    Machinarium
    Osmos
    Revenge of the Titans

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

From what ive seen from the user, looks like a mild case of kleptomania to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Heh, everybody's afraid to claim after all that chat :D

Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Tinie wrote: »
    Humble Indie Bundle #2 Steam Key here for whoever wants it. FTQ gets it.

Games in it I think are:

Braid
    Cortex Command
    Machinarium
    Osmos
    Revenge of the Titans

Could I get this, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I think we can continue as we are. It's only 'ussjtrunks' who needs to calm down. As far as I can see there seems to be an even spread amongst everyone else active in the discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

Tinie wrote: »
    Yeah it goes up gradually over time, about a point every few minutes. Think it stops at 300, so you cant farm up into the thousands.

There is also the Steamgifts rule that any games won must be activated , and not passed on to friends / traded etc.

It stops people grabbing games for others that don't qualify to use the site , and you know it's going to someone who wants it .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Nah, id say almost everyone on here already has the indie bundle 2...

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Could I get this, please?

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

ninja 12 wrote: »
    I have two spare Steam keys if anybody wants them ,

Shank 2 (gone to ussjtrunks) and

Shadowgrounds Survivor .

First to quote here saying which one you want gets them ( one per user )

Shadowgrounds Survivor is still looking for a home if anybody wants it ( unless I missed a reply )

Shadowgrounds Survivor added to Steamgifts

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

Have most of those games all right ...

anyway - I have one copy of Droplitz - steam to give away :)

First quoter, more than 100 post, must be activated, no abuser ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,031 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think letting the donor decide is the best bet. Mainly because anyone who comes in chancing their arm after just signing up or with very little posts probably wouldn't read the rules anyway and just skip to the latest post. As we've seen even after rules were added to the first post.

Also have a Humble Indie Bundle #3 Steam Key for whoever wants it. FTQ gets it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I've got a spare Humble Double Fine Bundle key, should it be wanted. First to quote, and all that.

It includes:
    Psychonauts
    Costume Quest
    Stacking

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭taytothief

Do you know what's in it Tinie?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    I've got a spare Humble Double Fine Bundle key, should it be wanted. First to quote, and all that.

It includes:
    Psychonauts
    Costume Quest
    Stacking

Me please

taytothief wrote: »
    Do you know what's in it Tinie?

I think its:

Crayon Physics Deluxe
    Cogs
    VVVVVV
    Hammerfight
    And Yet It Moves
    Steel Storm: Burning Retribution
    Atom Zombie Smasher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭taytothief

Ah ok, I'll pass on that one. Have a couple of them already. Thanks anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Just got a Blood Dragon key off Partick1.
    You gent.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Patrick 1

I'm freaking delighted that it worked! Everytime I try to give someone one of them it involves emails galore to AMD to convince them they're silly, enjoy it man, I honestly loved that game and would have used the code myself if I hadn't pre ordered it on steam.

Have a steam key for Fable The Lost Chapters. Edit,Put this on steam gifts http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/ZTUNx/fable-the-lost-chapters

And a few that I posted earlier that I can't seem to give away are;
    Fairy Bloom Freesia (Desura)
    Constant C (Desura)
    Slam Bolt Scrappers (Steam)
    Alien Shooter 2: Conscription (Desura)
    Droplitz (Steam)
    x2 Arma 3 Alpha Lite Invites

First to quote

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭dsrckiyisvddht

Just setup the private boards steam group named BoardsieSG

PM or reply with your steam ID to get added to it.

NOTE
    I cant find some people so can you send the steam id in the form
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/*

So what rules do people want for the private group?
    • Member longer than 3 months
    • 50+ posts

You can then log in to SteamGifts.com and setup a raffle type draw for only the BoardsieSG group. This will be fair as it will allow a number of people the chance to get the code and not just the first to reply.

Also these draws can be setup so that only people who have contributed games will be allowed enter so this will stop people who only take, never give.

Any ideas/suggestions then let me know.

Forgot to add that once a draw is setup you can post the URL here to let people know about it

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Seriously beginning to over-complicate this lads IMO.

The rules we have are fine and anyone taking the piss will be noticed by regular followers of the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Just setup the private boards steam group named BoardsieSG

PM or reply with your steam ID to get added to it or else add BoardsieSG as a friend on Steam and I will add you.

Stick me in as TheSpearman

Advertisement