Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Freebies and Trades (trade steam, origin, etc. keys here)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

This thread must be high on the google results for "free steam games" as theres been a big influx of leechers joining hasn't there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Adyx wrote: »
    Keys available:

Dead Space 1: Steam & Origin
    Burnout Paradise: Steam & Origin
    Crysis 2: Origin
    Medal of Honour: Origin
    Mirror's Edge: Steam & Origin
    Sims 3: Origin

Sims please!

kowalak11 wrote: »
    Mirrsor's Edge on Origin please :)

Heres another one...

where are you all coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,215 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Tinie wrote: »
    Heres another one...

where are you all coming from?

I bet it's all the same bloke.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Just flood his inbox with fake keys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,215 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Mirror's Edge Origin Key:
    Y0U4-AFUK-1N33-J1T4-D0P3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Mods can we get the forums rules amended to ban one-post-beggers or just delete their posts? That's three on the last page alone. These guys don't have any intention of contributing or even staying around.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

How about this - just ignore them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Mr E wrote: »

Ignore someone.... on the internet?? Not possibru!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Sims please!
    PM sent.

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »

Bans should be handed out left right and centre to these leechers like on other forums, as it should deter them again. e.g. that sulc guy got a free game and he wasn't banned, but should have been.

Bans should be handed out left right and centre to these leechers like on other forums, as it should deter them again. e.g. that sulc guy got a free game and he wasn't banned, but should have been.

I notice that when someone with less than 50 posts comes here looking for a key they get nothing but abuse but if that person with less than 50 posts comes offering games they are taken. If you have a problem with people with a few posts looking for names ignore them, there's no need to insult them or abuse them.

I notice that when someone with less than 50 posts comes here looking for a key they get nothing but abuse but if that person with less than 50 posts comes offering games they are taken. If you have a problem with people with a few posts looking for names ignore them, there's no need to insult them or abuse them.

Oh come off it will ya. Were talking about a specific group of people here. The leechers are obvious; they have just joined up and have 1 or 2 posts looking for free games. Why should they get a free game over a regular boardsie when its obvious they won't stick around and will just come back for more games when they want?

Also posters like that sulc guy shouldn't get games. As said already, google his name + banned. Hes been banned on lots of forums all for abusing giveaway threads and giving nothing back or contributing to discussion, and hes banned by valve for repeat scamming.

Now do you still think we should be nice to them? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

And there have been people who have lurked for years with 20-30 posts that asked and were simply told the rules. No abuse.

Oh come off it will ya. Were talking about a specific group of people here. The leechers are obvious; they have just joined up and have 1 or 2 posts looking for free games. Why should they get a free game over a regular boardsie when its obvious they won't stick around and will just come back for more games when they want?

Also posters like that sulc guy shouldn't get games. As said already, google his name + banned. Hes been banned on lots of forums all for abusing giveaway threads and giving nothing back or contributing to discussion, and hes banned by valve for repeat scamming.

Now do you still think we should be nice to them? :confused:

I never said that you have to be nice to them. You don't, you can do what most others do and simply ignore them. There's no need to abuse them or insult them, ignoring them is far more effective.

If a poster wants to give them a free game, let them. It's not like there isnt an abundance of games going atm. Regular posters should get preference but at the end of the day it's up to the person giving away the key to decide where it goes.

I never said that you have to be nice to them. You don't, you can do what most others do and simply ignore them. There's no need to abuse them or insult them, ignoring them is far more effective.

If a poster wants to give them a free game, let them. It's not like there isnt an abundance of games going atm. Regular posters should get preference but at the end of the day it's up to the person giving away the key to decide where it goes.
    I know that its up to the poster. But I figure that enough people tell them no, that they will eventually get the picture and leave the forums for good and look for another place to beg for games.

• I notice that when someone with less than 50 posts comes here looking for a key they get nothing but abuse but if that person with less than 50 posts comes offering games they are taken. If you have a problem with people with a few posts looking for names ignore them, there's no need to insult them or abuse them.
    Point out one person with less that 50 posts who has ever offered CD keys on this forum and I will eat my hat

I know that its up to the poster. But I figure that enough people tell them no, that they will eventually get the picture and leave the forums for good and look for another place to beg for games.

Again it's up to the poster. If they want to give a game to someone with 1 post then so be it. It's their game and they are free to do with it as they see fit. It's also not a reason to abuse a poster for asking for games. Granted the new regs looking for free stuff is annoying but ignore them and they will eventually get the message.
    M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Point out one person with less that 50 posts who has ever offered CD keys on this forum and I will eat my hat

I'm not going searching through over a thousand posts but know that there were a few people with a few posts who have offered games on the forum.

• So what your saying is that the ops rules are now invalid. We will agree to disagree ;)

Neway, I have a Dead Space origin Key available

I'm not going searching through over a thousand posts but know that there were a few people with a few posts who have offered games on the forum.

I'm 90% sure sulc84 has actually offered before.

• Advertisement

• I'm 90% sure sulc84 has actually offered before.
    He only has 1 post.....

love how these stats get pulled from the trees

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I have Origin keys for the following games to whoever wants them

(1 per person, minimum 1 month, 50 posts rule applies)

Dead Space

Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box

Crysis 2 Maximum Edition

Medal of Honor

& Mirrors Edge

So what your saying is that the ops rules are now invalid. We will agree to disagree ;)

Neway, I have a Dead Space origin Key available

I'm not saying that the rules are invalid but if someone decides to give a game to a user with only a handful of posts then that's up to them. Hardly going to insist on that person being penalized for doing with their property as they saw fit.

He only has 1 post.....

love how these stats get pulled from the trees

If by 1 you mean 70, then yes, you are correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Did you look through the threads he commented on? ALL he does here is ask for freebies. He's even come back to ask why certain codes for games aren't working or are gone!!

The fact is if we just give away free games to someone like that with no respect for the blatant rules in the first page, we are just giving them excellent reason to continue coming back here to ask for more games. And what will happen is that a very good game will come available and some leecher like that will end up getting it and then some honest, good and contributing Boards member will miss out.

You know, it's sorta like leaving food out for a fox and then complaining when it kills your chickens.

I'm 90% sure sulc84 has actually offered before.

lol No he hasn't. He was banned apparently on neogaf for lurking the take one give one thread for AAA game codes and offering bundle game codes, which were used already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Downlinz

Is there a boards thread for trading games/codes by any chance? Couldn't find one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

To be fair, he probably thought you meant the "not sulc84" account someone set up as a joke, which does only have 1 post.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Downlinz wrote: »
    Is there a boards thread for trading games/codes by any chance? Couldn't find one.

you could probably use this one, i've traded some stuff on this thread a while back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Downlinz

Alright then,

I've Origin keys for:
    Dead Space
    Burnout Paradise
    Crysis 2
    Mirror's Edge
    Dead Space 3
    Medal of Honor
    Battlefield 3

Looking to trade for anything on steam, not after anything in particular just stuff I don't have yet. PM if interested, I'll give away the non-BF3 codes if there's no interest.

Advertisement