Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Freebies and Trades (trade steam, origin, etc. keys here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

simon360 wrote: »
    Posted a few comments on these adverts saying they are from humble bundle calling scumbags etc. don't know if that will lead to an adverts ban or what but just so these people know I'm on to them.

I've seen a few Origin keys for the games going on Adverts for much higher prices but they're all from a verified shop who are selling loads of keys. Not sure if it's from the Bundle or not.

http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/consoles-games/games/136/q_pc+key/page-1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

That probably deserves a thread of it's own, gaming scams! :pac:

C14N wrote: »
    I've seen a few Origin keys for the games going on Adverts for much higher prices but they're all from a verified shop who are selling loads of keys. Not sure if it's from the Bundle or not.

http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/consoles-games/games/136/q_pc+key/page-1

Look at the date when those keys were entered, all of them were Entered/Renewed a month ago so it's not them trying to profit from the bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

The guys that I commented on had entered/Renewed 2 days ago. He also replied to me in PM after withdrawing his ad saying that he would like me to "show him proof that these were not previously bought or else I can take him to court" even though he had Sims 3 starter bundle, Crysis 2 and BF3 up for sale.

didnt even notice that, explains the different prices too, something smelled terribly iffy and i jumped the gun assuming it was a scam. Ye know what they say about assumption right? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Ye know what they say about assumption right? :)

I don't know, is it this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Have keys for

Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (STEAM) : GONE........

Battlefield 3 (ORIGIN)

Dead Space 3 (ORIGIN)

Let me know and i shall send it on :)

U still got bf3 mate? i gave away a copy yesterday but a mate lookin for 1 now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

cadete wrote: »
    U still got bf3 mate? i gave away a copy yesterday but a mate lookin for 1 now

Sent in on in a PM there.

Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Sent in on in a PM there.

Enjoy.

You sir a gent thank you!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've merged the freebies and trade threads together. Having two of these as well as the steam trade group on the forum was too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Lads any chance of a BF3 Code please? Me and a few of my friends are looking to play but one of them doesn't have BF3.. mucho gracias :P

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

Danger781 wrote: »
    Lads any chance of a BF3 Code please? Me and a few of my friends are looking to play but one of them doesn't have BF3.. mucho gracias :P

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭jimjamcoolio

I've got a steam key for XCOM: Enemy Unknown if anybody's interested in a trade? I want SSF4 AE 2012, but will consider offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

Any spare BF3 codes floating around? Would love one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭calsatron

More Origin humble bundle stuff available to whomever wants it (standard rules apply, key by pm)

1) Dead Space

2) Burnout Paradise

3) Crysis 2

4) Medal of Honor

5) Mirrors Edge

6) Battlefield 3 - Gone to sulc84

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

calsatron wrote: »

facepalm.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

calsatron wrote: »

seriously, why is he not banned yet? Are those moderators afraid to ban him? No one seems to want him around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

He's not breaking the charter and bans don't get implemented by popular vote.... sadly... :(

seriously, why is he not banned yet? Are those moderators afraid to ban him? No one seems to want him around here.

Ban him for what, not endearing himself to the regular posters here? The guy may be a cheapskate looking for freebies but it's hardly a reason to be banned.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

There's always the site-wide "don't act the díck" policy.

Gouging the group for codes constitutes acting the díck IMO. Possible good reason to ban anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

He's not breaking the charter and bans don't get implemented by popular vote.... sadly... :(

Its a shame as hes been banned on forums 3 or 4 times the size of boards for begging for codes I assume, so they didnt have to aby some "charter" when it came to banning someone for acting the maggot, they just used common sense.

Oh and im pretty sure he got a battlefield 3 code a few days ago on giantbombs giveaway thread (yeah he begs for codes there also).

equally silly to have given it to him after his fame notoriety in this topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,446 ✭✭✭Nollog

Well, there's the possibility he'd come back as a new person if he got banned.

Better the devil you know, maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I'd prefer the devil with less than 50 posts TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

I say screw the mods and we form our own vigilante gang!

simpsons-villagers-pitchfork-torches.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Isn't that Sulc's second BF3 key from here? The **** should just be banned. He's taking the piss at this stage. No lose to Boards as he clearly doesn't contribute to any discussions
    Decided to have a poke around Boards to see what people have said about Sulc and managed to find a post, thats a few months old, saying Sulc had ASKED for 4 games on this tread. Is it possible to at least ban him from the Games section until he actually contributes to boards.?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭calsatron

Oh, didn't bother reading through the whole thread and he complies with the minimum post and join date guidelines.

In any system your going to get people more willing to take advantage than others, unfortunately somebody has to make a call when taking advantage moves into taking the pi$$.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Well, there's the possibility he'd come back as a new person if he got banned.

Better the devil you know, maybe?

Doing that after a ban for whatever reason will just get said person banned again, possibly even sitebanned.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I have the following for trade
    Numen Contest of Heroes
    Tower Wars
    Really Big Sky
    Pid
    Patrician IV
    Restaurant Empire 2
    Cargo Commander
    Disciples III Renaissance
    The Journey Down : Chapter 1
    Kung Fu Strike : The Warriors Rise
    Dungeons : The Dark Lord
    Weird Worlds Return to Infinite Space
    Zeno Clash
    Earth 2160
    Dead Space
    Burnout Paradise
    Kings Bounty : The legend
    FAntasy Wars
    REAL wARFARE 1242
    oFF-rOAD dRIVE
    rEIGN cONFLICT OF nATIONS
    dEATH tRACK : Resurrection
    Real Warfare 2 : Northern Crucades
    Titan Quest
    Warhammer 40k Dawn of War
    Red Faction dlc Path to War
    Crysis 2 Maximum
    Medal of Honor
    Mirrors Edge

Will swap loads of these keys for Dishonored or something similar..
    The usual story if you want any freebies you'll need to ask nicely and obey the rules of this forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

I should have a spare BF3 Origin code. Same rules, take the mick and I'll ignore your request.

Advertisement