Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Freebies and Trades (trade steam, origin, etc. keys here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

kensutz wrote: »
    Want my BF3? Get 50 posts and come back in a month if you want to play ball and be taken seriously.

Do you actually have a copy of BF3 to give away or are you just using that as an example? Because I'll gladly take it off your hands if you have it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

kevovek wrote: »
    Do you actually have a copy of BF3 to give away or are you just using that as an example? Because I'll gladly take it off your hands if you have it! :D

I have it. Send me a pm if you would like the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

already have it on that list above mate.

can do a straight swap for SS3 if you're still interested, pm your steam id

Edit: Cheers dude! :)

My bad, completely missed it! Cheers anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

marko93 wrote: »
    My bad, completely missed it! Cheers anyway!
    No sweat, if you're still looking for that, and nobody here is offering, try the steam trading forums. The XCOM collection should still be fairly popular there as it was part of the Bureau preorder bonus.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,521 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I have the following remnants from the Humble sale:
    Dead Space (Steam/Origin)
    Burnout Paradise (Steam/Origin)
    Crysis 2 (Steam/Origin)
    Command & Conquer 3 (Origin)
    Medal of Honor (Origin)
    Mirror's Edge (Steam/Origin)

Usual rules apply. I'd be grateful for any of the X-Com games or trades but am happy to give the keys away for free.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

No sweat, if you're still looking for that, and nobody here is offering, try the steam trading forums. The XCOM collection should still be fairly popular there as it was part of the Bureau preorder bonus.

Sweet, cheers man! I'll check it out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Neumann

Look at the second post of the thread.

Second post; still just a point of view... cuz we find freebies anywhere... there are a lot of ppl wanna give away games (extra copies or don't play them anymore...) ,and the thread still functioning as it is (pretty much what the title says)... as long as the title still include Gaming Freebies...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Neumann wrote: »
    Second post; still just a point of view... cuz we find freebies anywhere... there are a lot of ppl wanna give away games (extra copies or don't play them anymore...) ,and the thread still functioning as it is (pretty much what the title says)... as long as the title still include Gaming Freebies...

you've 4 posts, all in this thread. you're clearly only here for free games with nothing to offer anyone else.

What games can you give me? i'll give you some, if you do the same.

its how it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

This is a gaming community on boards. Not just made entirely of people who want to get freebies. That's why the guidelines are there, to prevent people just registering to take the mick out of goodwill offered by users.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

The main point being: If you come in, no previous posts, and start asking for games, people are going to get annoyed. Coming up with reasons why people should just give you games anyway, that's gonna annoy them even more.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

It's not a point of view. It's a RULE set out by a site-admin with clear parameters.

Either abide by the rules or take your gouging elsewhere - THAT is a point of view, one held by many on here.

Also the way you say 'we' suggests you're part of a group harvesting codes likely for resale elsewhere for profit so really you're barking up the wrong tree expecting a response from charitable folk in here.

I think the word "Freebies" in the title is what's attracting these people tbh. I doubt even substituting it for another similar word would make a difference either. People see the word "free" and assume they can take without giving anything back to the community.

Which in fairness, isn't breaking boards rules, but goes against the grain with your average boardsie. Is there any other way to counteract this? The only other option i see has already been done. And that's the private steam group.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Wasn't there a "Read Mod post" thing on the name of the thread before?

Put that in there and then card people for not following mod instructions if they don't adhere to the rules.

Simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I think the word "Freebies" in the title is what's attracting these people tbh. I doubt even substituting it for another similar word would make a difference either. People see the word "free" and assume they can take without giving anything back to the community.

Which in fairness, isn't breaking boards rules, but goes against the grain with your average boardsie. Is there any other way to counteract this? The only other option i see has already been done. And that's the private steam group.

I think the only prevention would be if everyone avoided giving keys to chancers.
    That said, if I want to give my key to someone who just came on here for a key then I shouldn't have to ask anyone for permission. It's my key and I can do what I like with it.

kensutz wrote: »
    This is a gaming community on boards. Not just made entirely of people who want to get freebies. That's why the guidelines are there, to prevent people just registering to take the mick out of goodwill offered by users.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kevovek viewpost.gif
    Do you actually have a copy of BF3 to give away or are you just using that as an example? Because I'll gladly take it off your hands if you have it! biggrin.png

kensutz:

I have it. Send me a pm if you would like the code.

How could you say all those kinda things and you have been trying to give away a game (BF3)... (look at the quote). I think it's not enough to only say whatever you want, n you even didn't apply that! it's really weird!

Anyway guys, as far as you don't like freebies so I regretted to post that!
    I'm sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

You aren't getting any games from anyone here, if someone has a code, its theirs to do what they want with it.
    are you not understanding why people are not giving you anything?

Do you even live/have any connection to Ireland?

How could you say all those kinda things and you have been trying to give away a game (BF3)... (look at the quote). I think it's not enough to only say whatever you want, n you even didn't apply that! it's really weird!

ye know what's even more weird? not reading the rules after it's been said multiple times, and still arguing your invalid point. no wait, that's not weird at all, it's something entirely different.

RossieMan wrote: »

I never realised that you need to live/have connections to Ireland in order to get one of the freebies on offer here. I assumed that boards was an international site with users from all corners of the Earth.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

This thread is coming up on the first few pages for steam freebies and its just going to get worse with randomers joining up and leaching games.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

I never despised that you need to live/have connections to Ireland in order to get one of the freebies on offer here. I assumed that boards was an international site with users from all corners of the Earth.

Whats with you and constantly defending these people signing up just for games? Your the only one here doing it, and your doing it very often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

I think it may be time to either re tite the thread or just only use the steam boards group, till it all cools off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

RossieMan wrote: »
    I never realised that you need to live/have connections to Ireland in order to get one of the freebies on offer here. I assumed that boards was an international site with users from all corners of the Earth.

Parts of those last two posts look like they've gone through a translator. :-/
    I agree with you alright Darko, that we shouldn't be bullying people that come along. I mean they might be just young kids that are chancing a free game and don't have the means to get them otherwise. However, you do have to be realistic that they are just hitting and running - they won't be sticking around.

tumblr_m81cyua4Vt1qe3pbno1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Have a Walking Dead code from an old Humble Bundle that I would trade for a Battlefield 3 key? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

chrislad wrote: »
    Have a Walking Dead code from an old Humble Bundle that I would trade for a Battlefield 3 key? :)

Pmed you.

Whats with you and constantly defending these people signing up just for games? Your the only one here doing it, and your doing it very often.

I've defended no one, merely pointed out that there is no need to resort to insults and abuse when dealing with the people after freebies. It's not necessary and merely makes those doing so look like dicks.

If people want to deal with freeloaders looking for a freebie then ignore them. Add them to your ignore list and forget about them. There's no need to start campaigns or try and turn others against the new posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

I've defended no one, merely pointed out that there is no need to resort to insults and abuse when dealing with the people after freebies. It's not necessary and merely makes those doing so look like dicks.

If people want to deal with freeloaders looking for a freebie then ignore them. Add them to your ignore list and forget about them. There's no need to start campaigns or try and turn others against the new posters.

I have to say I am in agreement with Darko, especially the bolded part.
    If someone like Neumann or sulc84 come along and you know they are just begging from here without contributing in a meaningful way (either being a part of the community, or by giving away games themselves), and you don't want to give them anything, then just ignore them
    I don't see why we need witch hunts, or to become assholes to deal with them.

Wow, I didn't know that my post will make all this conflict O.o
    I felt like I have done a crime! I am truly sorry for the mistake I've made n I regretted, there is no need to all this argue...
    Let us more and more insist on raising funds of kindness...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,416 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

maybe have the title in Irish ;)

Advertisement