Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Freebies and Trades (trade steam, origin, etc. keys here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Here's a thought. Would
    this
    be enough to get around bots?

EDIT: wait, I'm not thinking. Of course it wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Still think just breaking them up like this

A134Q-FM4D1- BOARDS MUTHA FUKKAH!!! -G67H7-6534Q

Will put a stop to bots

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

This topic: "People endlessly and uselessly discuss the best way to decide rules on how to give away codes"

Every single bump to this topic that is trying to refine the idea or rules down more than this kills me a little inside.

Less than 24 hours later:
    why not just...
    Here's the simplest and best way to do it....
    EnterNow wrote: »
    Why not just ...
    gavmcg92 wrote: »
    ...is the best thing to do.
    It's so much easier to just..
    It doesn't take long to...
    Taylor365 wrote: »
    If you want to actually be generous...
    One possibility, is if ...
    Tinie wrote: »
    One way which... but its another option.
    Achilles wrote: »
    How about a ...
    Achilles wrote: »
    First person to ....
    Danger781 wrote: »
    Does this ... work?
    I think the.... could work....
    gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Here's a thought.
    Still think just ..
    Will put a stop to bots

Good God....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Here's another idea ...

:p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,215 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Private invite only forum. Break the rules? Three strikes... access revoked. Wouldn't show up on public searches either.

Win-win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I still have all of the Origin codes from the Humble Bundle to give away except for Dead Space.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

This tread is turning into a nightmare altogether. Everyone needs to take it easy.
    The tread doesn't need to be private, that's taking hits away from the website. No way in hell will anyone do that for yas.
    Let people do what they want with the keys. If they don't go through a few pages before throwing a key into a post, or give the key to someone whos just registered to get keys, they should be aloud, without others questioning them.
    From my viewing of this tread, it's turned into a bitch-fest more then anything. People too interested in giving out about not getting a key.
    What really amazes me is that someone setup a steamgifts.com tread a while back. You need to be invited and all rules are enforced by a mod. All the stuff you lot are asking for basically, yet all seem to focused on suggesting alternatives, which I really don't get! It's the same thing, without bots taking keys/non-registered users/lurkers/etc.
    Join the steamgifts group, enter some stuff from the group, and you're in with a chance of actually winning something. No need for 100's of posts suggesting silly stuff now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

n1ck wrote: »
    I still have all of the Origin codes from the Humble Bundle to give away except for Dead Space.
    If you've still got Burnout it would be much appreciated. :)

Had it for the xbox360 - pity 2 red ringed on me.

Such a great game to release some stress :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Taylor365 wrote: »
    If you've still got Burnout it would be much appreciated. :)

Had it for the xbox360 - pity 2 red ringed on me.

Such a great game to release some stress :p

Pm sent, enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Mister Man wrote: »
    From my viewing of this tread, it's turned into a bitch-fest more then anything. People too interested in giving out about not getting a key.

Really? I thought it was more because the likes of a post like this meant not a single user of this forum got any of the keys, they all went to bots etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Really? I thought it was more because the likes of a post like this meant not a single user of this forum got any of the keys, they all went to bots etc.

Hilarious that that particular post with all thos glorious goodies wasnt even thanked once by all the boardsies that got to share in all of those games..

Pff.. one bot got them all :pac:

Edit: So i thanked it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Hilarious that that particular post with all thos glorious goodies wasnt even thanked once by all the boardsies that got to share in all of those games..

There's nothing wrong with the actual post, & kudos to the OP for giving the games away etc. I will admit, it's a little disheartening to see the keys just being harvested & no actual boardsies getting the benefit, despite the keys being given away on our forum.

Despite all the moaning about tightening of rules, it would be nice to see a system agreed upon that sees forum users get the benefits & not bots.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

So you're the bot!

body_snatchers_080128110655013_wideweb__300x210.jpg

I still have Origin keys for Dead Space, Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box, Crysis 2 Maximum Edition, Medal of Honor, Mirror's Edge, and Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising. Quote the game you want and I'll PM you the key.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Free copy of Zeno Clash and a 33% off voucher for Zeno Clash 2 (Steam redeemable)

https://eu.alienwarearena.com/deal/33-off-zeno-clash-2-and-free-copy-of-the-original-zeno-clash

• Registered Users Posts: 29,034 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

There's nothing wrong with the actual post, & kudos to the OP for giving the games away etc. I will admit, it's a little disheartening to see the keys just being harvested & no actual boardsies getting the benefit, despite the keys being given away on our forum.

Despite all the moaning about tightening of rules, it would be nice to see a system agreed upon that sees forum users get the benefits & not bots.

I think just saying you have them then asking for people to quote is the best bet with the code sent by PM. That way the games are advertised, the poster isn't pestered by people PMing looking for the code even after it's gone and it keeps the codes off the forum.
    And ignore people breaking the rules for the most part. Only 1 person should point that person towards the rules and leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Free copy of Zeno Clash and a 33% off voucher for Zeno Clash 2 (Steam redeemable)

https://eu.alienwarearena.com/deal/33-off-zeno-clash-2-and-free-copy-of-the-original-zeno-clash

I remember hearing this was great if it's still available!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

I remember hearing this was great if it's still available!

It worked for me just fine, I got a Zeno Clash 2 discount voucher and Zeno Clash in my library. The counter says it has 152 days left, but I wouldn't wait around.

It would explain why there are plenty of Zeno Clash prizes floating around on Steamgifts.

So you're the bot!

body_snatchers_080128110655013_wideweb__300x210.jpg

I still have Origin keys for Dead Space, Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box, Crysis 2 Maximum Edition, Medal of Honor, Mirror's Edge, and Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising. Quote the game you want and I'll PM you the key.

beep all ur codes ar belong to me..beep

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Have 2 mirror`s edge one for origin and the other for steam
    2 burnout keys one for origin and the other for steam Crysis 2 is for origin
    Dead space Medal of honor these are for origin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

i want burnout please for steam

Here we go again...:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

I've been trying not to join in the off-topic posts but feck me that timing couldn't have been funnier.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Have a look at the rules.

Rules

Your account must be at least a month old and have 50 posts to request a freebie here. The onus is shared between the giver (not to give) and the requester (not to ask).

Don't bother coming back. Ever.

He pm me asking for burnout

I want Jennifer Connolly to sit on my face please, steamy!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Rebel Rebel

I want Jennifer Connolly to sit on my face please, steamy!

me too

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

me too

Sorry, you really do need at least 50 posts for Jennifer Connolly to sit on your face....

pffft.... this really should be obvious by now :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

What works.well on reddit is that if people still want to post keys publicly then either they censor one letter in the key and have people guess it, or leave a clue as to the censored letter, ie * = 13th letter of the alphabet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

If Steam's Burnout key is still going I'd appreciate it =)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Elmidena wrote: »
    If Steam's Burnout key is still going I'd appreciate it =)
    PM Sent.

• Advertisement

Adyx wrote: »
    PM Sent.

Damn you how am going rid of these keys :P

Advertisement