Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Freebies and Trades (trade steam, origin, etc. keys here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

If anyone gets a spare hearthstone beta key, I would wub them long time, or trade for it ! Throw a PM my way :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Damn you how am going rid of these keys :P

If you really want i could take Burnout off you hands, its only for my brother though so if someone else wants it 1st fire ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Fairly old and specific question, but does anyone have a spare key for the Orange Box, or even just Half life 2?

I had the most bizarre conversation with a friend of mine yesterday, and I'd like to sort him out:

Him: "Half life was a great game. Love that"
    Me: "Yeah, did you like the second one?"
    "Oh the one where you're the soldier?"
    "Opposing force? No. Did you play the second half life game!"
    "Is that the one where you're yerman? The security guard?"
    "No... I think that's blue shift. Did you play the actual proper Half Life 2?"
    "Oh. They made a Half Life 2? I didn't know that. Is it any good?"
    ".........."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

I've never played Half Life 2 either. Or any of the half life series for that matter. Am I missing out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Danger781 wrote: »
    I've never played Half Life 2 either. Or any of the half life series for that matter. Am I missing out?

It's not so much that he never played it, just the fact he had no idea it existed.

Everyone's mileage will vary on how much they enjoyed it, but it's probably one of the most well received and culturally important PC games off all time.

I mean, it was what they used to get us all to install Steam, back when it was just crappy DRM platform you needed to play a few Valve games...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I play almost exclusively FPS games, though I've never finished HL2 and never subsequently played Episode's One or Two. Someday....

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭seany212121

Anyone fancy a trade for a Tropico 3 steam key

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭Wossack

I still have Origin keys for Dead Space, Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box, Crysis 2 Maximum Edition, Medal of Honor, Mirror's Edge, and Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising. Quote the game you want and I'll PM you the key.

is red alert 3 still for grabs, kind sir?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Wossack wrote: »
    is red alert 3 still for grabs, kind sir?
    Yep, PM sent.

All others still available for anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭jimjamcoolio

I've got a steam key for XCOM: Enemy Unknown if anybody's interested in a trade? I want SSF4 AE 2012, but will consider offers.

Nobody interested?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Nobody interested?

What do you want for XCOM

• Registered Users Posts: 9,215 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Here's a quick question for folk...

If I have a game already installed in steam is it possible to gift it to somebody else, lose my access to it and give them access?

I bought Half Life 2 years ago that's still on my Steam account but I never ever play it. I'd like to give something back at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Short answer... No. Once it's registered to your steam account it's yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

James74 wrote: »
    Short answer... No. Once it's registered to your steam account it's yours.

Long answer?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭jimjamcoolio

What do you want for XCOM

.. Would love SSF4: AE

Boo, then how come people are able to gift stuff to other people? They purchase it themselves and send on the code?

I've seen screenshots where people can gift games to other people without it already being in their account, how does that work?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Achilles wrote: »
    Boo, then how come people are able to gift stuff to other people? They purchase it themselves and send on the code?

I've seen screenshots where people can gift games to other people without it already being in their account, how does that work?

When buying a game on steam there are two options gift or redeem it yourself many people go for gift because if you don` use it you can send it on to someone else

When buying a game on steam there are two options gift or redeem it yourself many people go for gift because if you don` use it you can send it on to someone else

Ahh! Fair enough then, if I had any cash I would! hah....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Right, might as well give away my leftovers from the Origin Humble Bundles I bought. Quote me saying which game you want. One game per member and no blow-ins, so please have 50+ posts and be signed up to Boards for at least 3 months.

Origin Keys
    • Dead Space
    • Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
    • Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
    • Dead Space 3
    • Medal of Honor
    • Mirror's Edge
    • Battlefield 3
    • Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising
    • Populous

Steam Keys
    • Dead Space
    • Mirror's Edge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

[*]Battlefield 3

If it was still going, I'd take that if it I could.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Right, might as well give away my leftovers from the Origin Humble Bundles I bought. Quote me saying which game you want. One game per member and no blow-ins, so please have 50+ posts and be signed up to Boards for at least 3 months.

Origin Keys
    • Dead Space
    • Dead Space 3
    • Medal of Honor
    • Mirror's Edge
    • Battlefield 3
    • Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising
    • Populous

Steam Keys
    • Dead Space
    • Mirror's Edge

I wouldn't mind the crysis 2 steam key :)

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Danger781 wrote: »
    Long answer?

Long answer... No. Once it's registered to your steam account it's yours forever.

If it was still going, I'd take that if it I could.
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind the crysis 2 steam key :)

Keys sent via PM. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Origin Keys
    • Dead Space 3

If I could get Dead Space 3, that'd be great.

abbir wrote: »
    If I could get Dead Space 3, that'd be great.

PM sent. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I still have quite a few keys from the Origin bundle should anyone want them. I'd love any of the older XCOM games (pre Enemy Unknown remake), otherwise can give them away free. I've listed them in a previous post.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

.. Would love SSF4: AE

I have a spare copy of this in my inventory - tried to gift it to a mate but he didnt redeem it, and not likely to now as he as left the country to go traveling!

PM your steam id if you want to trade

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Great value and all as that origin bundle was, i dont think i am going to be installing origin or using those keys - mainly wanted to give medal of honor a go so all the origin keys available,

Origin
    Dead Space Origin Key
    Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box Origin Key
    Crysis 2 Maximum Edition Origin Key
    Dead Space 3 Origin Key
    Medal of Honor Origin Key
    Mirror's Edge Origin Key
    Battlefield 3 Origin Key
    Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising Origin Key
    Populous Origin Key
    The Sims 3 Key
    The Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff Key
    The Sims 3 Late Night Key
    The Sims 3 Date Night Key

Mirrors edge steam key also available.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭Wossack

Yep, PM sent.

All others still available for anyone interested.

thanks again for this - just downloaded now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Just a heads up on Medal of Honour.. The Origin Key is for online play. Steam Key is Singleplayer as far as I could see.

Advertisement