Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Wolf Among Us (Telltale games new IP)

Options
  • 07-05-2013 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/05/07/the-wolf-among-us-preview-telltale-is-back-again-to-torment-with-tough-choices.aspx?PostPageIndex=1

Seen this posted on "The Walking Dead" games' FB page"

Dunno if the art is ingame, I assume it is, as it's not too far from the other TWD series look....which is great ! :D

wolf1.jpg
    wolf2.jpg
    wolf5.jpg

I've never heard or read this 'Fables' series, but it sounds good.
    Telltale is ready for this challenge with a new project: The Wolf Among Us, based on Bill Willingham's Fables comic book series from Vertigo. In Willingham’s world, classic fairytales collide with reality. Every character is real, but lives in a separate world. Once an evil entity named the Adversary threatens their homelands, they flee to a place he would never look: our world. They hide among us with their powers intact, living an everyday existence, hoping to keep their secret under wraps. These famed characters also have a darker edge than the stories we’ve heard about them. Happy endings? Forget it. Prince Charming is a womanizing cheater, and Cinderella uses her good looks to exploit information as a spy.

I'm hopeful anyways :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Just looked up platforms. Xbox 360, PS3, PC, Mac. I'll be looking forward to hearing more about this as more is revealed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

"These famed characters also have a darker edge than the stories we’ve heard about them. Happy endings? Forget it. Prince Charming is a womanizing cheater, and Cinderella uses her good looks to exploit information as a spy."

I'm very intrigued. If it's anything like TWD (multiple choice, etc) then it could be a Day 2 buy for me (have to read at least 1 review!). Big shoes to fill after GOTY last year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

The guy that created Fables is thrilled with Telltales handling of it and he's a fairly hard guy to please by all accounts.Supposedly very true to the spirit of Fables.Hopefully be another homerun for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Meatwad wrote: »
    The guy that created Fables is thrilled with Telltales handling of it and he's a fairly hard guy to please by all accounts.Supposedly very true to the spirit of Fables.Hopefully be another homerun for them.

Have you read the comics ? I've never heard of them at all. I'm looking forward to playing the games, as long as there is that character development and 'illusion' of choice for a better word.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Never heard of the comics but sounds interesting. Looks dark and gritty plus Telltale handling it means a day one purchase.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Have you read the comics ? I've never heard of them at all. I'm looking forward to playing the games, as long as there is that character development and 'illusion' of choice for a better word.

Read a few of the main story arcs but never got mad into it.Its good but I think I was big into HellBlazer and Sandman at the time ,so it just never really pulled my attention away from them.Must go back and start reading them again and see if they're better than I remember.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

First trailer of this has been released. Looks fantastic.

Ah nice, completely forgot about this ! :D

also ..+1 for using the 'search' :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Episode 1 is out on xbox Oct. 11 4.99 i think season pass for ep 2-5 is 14.99

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/10/08/the-wolf-among-us-episode-1-release-date-announced

Out this Friday on PC and 360
    Steam page http://store.steampowered.com/app/250320/
    €20.69 preorder

PS3 release will be later, probably next Wednesday's update.

Will probably pick it up after the full season is released, like I did with Walking Dead.

Read the first issue of the comic a while ago and randomly picked up the first volume on Friday so about to start reading that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Got it on GMG for PC, 16 euro with their discount voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

CastorTroy wrote: »

Read the first issue of the comic a while ago and randomly picked up the first volume on Friday so about to start reading that

Comic any good. Think I might wait for the full season as well. I really want to play TWD Season 2 now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Got it on GMG for PC, 16 euro with their discount voucher

what voucher is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    what voucher is that?

GMG25-J2566-L2GHZ that code gets it down to €18.75 not exactly €16 but close enough

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Comic any good. Think I might wait for the full season as well. I really want to play TWD Season 2 now :(

I still have the TWD 400 Days DLC to play.

The comics has an interesting concept which is why I bought the first volume to see how it continues. Haven't started it yet though. But basically it's about fairytale characters living in modern day. But they're living in secretwhere they're policed by themselves. Like the Big Bad Wolf, aka Bigby Wolf is the main law man. Snow White is the mayor, I think.

Was a while since I read the first issue but I think that's the gist

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

What's the release schedule for the full season? Really like the look of this but not sure I want to have to wait too long for each episode.

can this be redeemed on steam if i buy from greenmangaming?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

What is the gameplay like? Same as walking dead?

Only released this hour. Installing now ! :D , though it's pretty late here....but I'll try put in an hour or 2

Still waiting on an email from telltale to get me to download it

• Advertisement

Played an hours worth there.
    It plays nearly exactly like The Walking Dead, with your ASDW to move and then mouse keys. You also have quicktime events

I've not read the comics or didn't know anything going into it, but the story seems interesting so far and has been set up nicely.
    The world they created seems....mmm....like some kind of 80's Noir type, but the story being completely fairytale. It's kind of surreal, especially with the colours and music used....I get the same feeling like you did if you seen the film "Drive" ...hard to put a finger on

Anyways, you are basically a passenger in the story, same as TWD

Only complaint is I can't find a way to turn off the decision consequences....e.g. Character XYZ will remember you said that.
    This was in TWD, but there was an option to turn it off....which to me is a must.

Same as Sean knew nothing about the Fables comics at all going in but loving it so far, it's basically a reskined walking dead, same character animations etc, really does have a 'noir' vibe to it which seems to work well , love the colours in the visuals and the music is fab!!

I have to say I actually enjoyed the quick time event at the start with the woodsman, might replay that section and see what happens if
    I give snow white the matches or if I charm her with the less subtle dialogue options

Also I agree with sean wish you could turn those off, as I find I am concious of that when I am making decisions, I feel i would make more natural choices with it being switched off , instead of being a little bothered and think damn I should have been nicer to xyz.

Edit: Finished it this morning, loved it. Now I just hope they release them more regularly than the walking dead games.

Only criticism is I wished it was longer, it's not too short I was just hooked on the story.

Same, finished it too there just now. Got much better near the end, with some real tough choices.
    Ending was brilliant

I chose
    Not to tear off his arm in the QTE, but I really wanted to. I also don't think the Woodsman did it, so I took Tweedle whoever in for questioning.
    The reason is that when he was at Lawrence's apartment....he said "he shot himself in front of me"......but Bigby smells the gun and says "It hasn't been fired for weeks"....so...I dunno how Lawrence died, as I chose to go to Toads first
    What were your choices, how did they pan out ?

I tore is arm off and took in tweedle, i got a "you chose violence" I never suspected the woodsman and figured he knew nothing so I ween for tweedle, I roughed up toad as he was caught out twice in lies and immediately regretted it, I also lied to beast and though it was going to be beauty at the end, not sure what being honest at the start would do, I went to toads 1st so I assume you can save the prince, I'm going to reload that later and go their 1st

Also when did you
    smell the gun i must have missed that before getting clobbered in the alley, must let him escape this time also

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Absolutely loved it!
    The story,visuals and characters were all great.

I found the quick time events quite good.
    also find myself being more of a dick as Bigby Wolf :pac:

I found it much better than the 1st episode of TWD

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Absolutely loved it!
    The story,visuals and characters were all great.

I found the quick time events quite good.
    also find myself being more of a dick as Bigby Wolf :pac:

I found it much better than the 1st episode of TWD

I replayed it tonight and loved it more the second time through, I just find myself more interested in the story this time as opposed to being more interested in the characters in the walking dead, not that WD was poor in terms of story or the characters are bad in Wolf but this just seems to progress and flow so much better in terms of the story.

I can guess what you did in the QTE near the end :D

I really only regret playing this day one and not having the patients to wait to play them all in one go when they all out.

Ok I've finally figured out the best way to describe this game, Sin City with fairy tale characters.

Did you smell the gun 2nd time round ? It's in the apartment of the prince on the floor.
    I didn't rough up toad, just caught him lying 3 times and he eventually told me when I confronted him. I "stayed out of it" with both best and belle

Did you still go to Toads first 2nd time round, or were you able to save the prince ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Just played it straight through there and really regret it because now I'm pissed off that I've to wait for the next episode. It's a great game with some brilliant twists so far. Can't wait to see what happens, and really want to pick up the comics now.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

How long is the wait between each episode? at two minds whether to just buy it now or wait until it's all available.

Advertisement