Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Wolf Among Us (Telltale games new IP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Well the Walking Dead was released every 2 months or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mickeroo wrote: »
    How long is the wait between each episode? at two minds whether to just buy it now or wait until it's all available.

Wait!!!!!!! Playing the 1st part just left me wanting more.

Playing it in one sitting would be a dream based on part 1.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

calex71 wrote: »
    Wait!!!!!!! Playing the 1st part just left me wanting more.

Playing it in one sitting would be a dream based on part 1.

Yeah pretty sure I'm going to wait, if there's 2 months between each episode I would probably go mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Yeah, I'm also sat here drumming my fingers already waiting for the next part of the story.
    I'll look up the comics if this is anything to go by just to tide me over till the next episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

When will it be released fully? Not interested in waiting ages! I did the same with The Walking Dead and i enjoyed the experience way more having all 5 episodes to play after each other. Anybody know a time frame? Shame its not on the Vita either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I'd say it will be a few months. There is no release date for the 2nd episode yet from what I can see, and given that there's 5 episodes it could be a while.

Also, the first episode was quite short, but the story possibility is HUGE, so I'm hoping the next few are a bit longer.

I'm slightly annoyed with myself for doing this episodically, I don't even do it with TV shows anymore, I need a bulk-fix.

The next walking dead might be out by then time this is nearly finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

When is available to us on the PS3? US release date is today but there is no sign of it on the EU Playstation Store.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,741 ✭✭✭✭Penn

When is available to us on the PS3? US release date is today but there is no sign of it on the EU Playstation Store.

EU Store updates on Wednesday so it should be then.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Clocked part 1 today. Very pleased - looking forward to playing the rest of the season. Love the new take on fairytale characters upended and living in a new environment. Plenty of opportunity for great storylines and I've warmed to a few characters already. Only quibble is the grating instant QTEs. The sections are supposed to feel tense but they just annoyed me. The episode felt like more of a film than a game at points. Despite that it looks terrific, voice acting and characters are great, so yeah! I'm sold :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Advertisement

That's my evening sorted then.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Sprog 4

'He will remember that' :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsZ_A-pnhVI

Caution - may be a spoiler to some people

I really enjoyed the first episode and cant wait for the next.
    The episode felt shorter than the usual Telltale games but that could be because I was so engrossed in it.
    Didn't think I'd be as affected as I was by the 2 killings. Bigby & Snow were a good team for the short time we saw them together.

I really enjoyed the first episode and cant wait for the next.
    The episode felt shorter than the usual Telltale games but that could be because I was so engrossed in it.
    Didn't think I'd be as affected as I was by the 2 killings. Bigby & Snow were a good team for the short time we saw them together.

I was convinced it was
    beauty lying dead
    right up to the point it's shown, given earlier events and seeing
    beast
    behind the police tape I was surprised indeed.

Really enjoyed it. They managed to make it a lot funnier than TWD but still had engrossing characters and a great story.

My only problem is that in TWD, I was largely choosing to say what I would say in that situation (out of the available options obviously). In this, I can't help saying what I think Sawyer from Lost would say. He just seems like that sort of character (not just in how he looks).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Gave the demo a go last night, and it was very good. Will probably wait till there is a drop in price, during a steam sale before getting this however, or maybe even wait till all the episodes are out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

When is ep 2 due?

When is ep 2 due?

Its not been confirmed yet. If I had to guess I'd say it'll be December before we see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is Steam the only place you can get this without requiring a Telltale account? I keep seeing this and Walking Dead season 2 cheap enough but they require telltale accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Just played this last night. Wow.

Its amazing, loved it, I was shocked at the
    2 deaths also, didn't see the one of them coming at all. I didn't think any major characters would be killed off so soon

• Advertisement

New episode not out until 2014 :( Was looking forward to playing it over Christmas. Also they are making 2 more games in addition to The Walking Dead Season 2. No wonder episode 2 is taking so long. Although Game of Thrones?? GIMME!

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/12/09/story-time-telltale-confirms-game-of-thrones-borderlands/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Sprog 4 wrote: »
    New episode not out until 2014 :( Was looking forward to playing it over Christmas. Also they are making 2 more games in addition to The Walking Dead Season 2. No wonder episode 2 is taking so long. Although Game of Thrones?? GIMME!

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/12/09/story-time-telltale-confirms-game-of-thrones-borderlands/

Ya ditch the Borderlands one and concentrate on the other 3.

I think they have seemed under pressure to deliver one episodic game at a time, never mind 4.

Telltale says Episode 2 will be out in the first week of February, and there shouldn't be as much of a gap between the remaining episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Telltale says Episode 2 will be out in the first week of February, and there shouldn't be as much of a gap between the remaining episodes.

I'll believe it when I see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Having played episode one, its a high quality game without a doubt, just needs its episodes to be a bit meatier, bit more content. Hopefully episode 1 was just a taster.

I would love it if these guys made a feature length game, ala grim fandango or monkey island.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I assume telltale trebled their staff to work on all of these games? (WD, WAU, GoT...)

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I assume telltale trebled their staff to work on all of these games? (WD, WAU, GoT...)

You left out Borderlands :pac:

Tell Tale have confirmed Episode 2 for the 1st week in February :) so episode 3 by may/june at this rate :(

They better have their act together this time and mess up it;s release like walking dead season 2 on xbox here.

I'm gonna have to replay through the first episode again to refresh my memory sometime before the new episode hits :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

I think I should have waited for it to finsh and got it on sale. Its only about two hours long so far.

Advertisement