Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Wolf Among Us (Telltale games new IP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

They are messing up their own system with this.
    Delays like this will cause people to stop buying at initial release and holding tough till its complete. Which I would imagine would screw up their whole business model.

The next section better have a bit more content.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Potatoeman wrote: »
    I think I should have waited for it to finsh and got it on sale. Its only about two hours long so far.

Hard to believe its been on sale before ep 2 even came out.

I got stuck rotten getting the first ep and the season pass. I played Ep 1 a few months after release, excepting ep 2 at that stage, nabbed the season pass. Next time I knew EP 1 was free and the season pass heavily discounted.

Lesson learnt.

No Tell tales games content will be purchased full price again, as good as it is, I'll be waiting for a deal now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Aye, they really like to punish early buyers. Pay more, same wait only you've played part of the story already and still won't get to play the whole game until people who buy it at half price by the time episode 5 comes out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I paid for episode 1 which was free at xmas but I did get a half price season pass so I won't be taking too much whine with my cheese :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Episode 2 of The Wolf Among Us is up on steam now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Just finished Episode 2. It felt a lot shorter than ep 1. I finished it in roughly an hour and a half. It's also a lot more straightforward, with a lot less interaction and less choices of consequence.

I was enjoying it, but definitely a bit of a disappointment when compared to episode 1. Particularly considering the wait :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Somnus wrote: »
    Just finished Episode 2. It felt a lot shorter than ep 1. I finished it in roughly an hour and a half. It's also a lot more straightforward, with a lot less interaction and less choices of consequence.

I was enjoying it, but definitely a bit of a disappointment when compared to episode 1. Particularly considering the wait :(

I really enjoyed the episode, but a agree that it wasn't as good as episode 1 (which for me was better than any episode of TWD - a game that I loved). I was surprised at how quickly it finished up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Niiiiiiiice! TWAU season pass for 11.70 on PSN sale today

The Wolf Among Us – Season Pass
    Was £15.99/€19.99, now £10.39/€12.99
    Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members

Have to get it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Is this the same crap as Walking Dead?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

RasTa wrote: »

Its the same style of game so you can keeping moving along.

• Advertisement

Is this the same AWESOMENESS as Walking Dead?

Yes...yes it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

hFC89CB23

Out. Out with you !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Yeah their last game pissed me off as I bought it based on my love for the comics and people raving about it.

Sadly it turned out to be an interactive story

Looking to charge me and many others on xbox for ep 2 even though season passes were acquired :mad:

Not sure what the story is on PS3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

calex71 wrote: »
    Looking to charge me and many others on xbox for ep 2 even though season passes were acquired :mad:

Not sure what the story is on PS3

Did you try to buy it from the in game store or the marketplace?
    Think you have to download it straight from the in game store for it to be free after getting the season pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

Does anyone know if I buy this for windows on steam, will I also be able to play it on the mac?

Did you try to buy it from the in game store or the marketplace?
    Think you have to download it straight from the in game store for it to be free after getting the season pass.

Oh should have mentioned thats what I was doing , yes in game.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Elessar wrote: »
    Does anyone know if I buy this for windows on steam, will I also be able to play it on the mac?

Not certain but I'd say more than likely because the isn't a seperate store page listing for the pc and mac versions so that usually means you can play on eother or both. Not sure if save game files would be compatible mind

This sorted on 360 yet?

Looking forward to playing it this evening.

Reading online, people are just buying it again and then ringing for a refund, I wouldn't like the hassle.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    This sorted on 360 yet?

Reading online, people are just buying it again and then ringing for a refund, I wouldn't like the hassle.

They did say today though nothing yet, early still in the US yet.

WOuld not surprise me in the least if that phone call to MS was the fix they decide to go with :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    This sorted on 360 yet?

I just checked (3.25pm) still not sorted.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Elessar wrote: »

It says Steamplay on the store page so yes it should.

Just spotted this on x360a.org.

The Wolf Among Us Episode Two Season Pass Fix Should Arrive Tomorrow

Written Thursday, February 06, 2014 By Richard Walker

With players (myself included) still experiencing problems with The Wolf Among Us Season Pass when attempting to download the recently released Episode Two: Smoke & Mirrors, Microsoft has offered some resolution on when a fix for the issue will hopefully be available.

Users have been trying to access the second episode using the game's Season Pass, which when purchased entitles you to episodes 2-5 of The Wolf Among Us. Telltale has tweeted that "the teams should have everyone playing as soon as possible today," while the Xbox Live Support site status has followed up with an update, claiming that a fix will be coming tomorrow.

"Xbox members, do you own a "The Wolf Among Us" Season Pass but are being asked to pay for "Episode 2: Smoke & Mirrors?," the status update reads. "Our team is engaged and working to have a fix out for you tomorrow."

The Wolf Among Us Episode Two: Smoke & Mirrors launched yesterday for Xbox 360 via XBLA. Here's hoping Season Pass holders can actually play the damn thing soon.

Tomorrow, ah FFS!

That status has been up since yesterday hopefully that mean today

Well its still not today, just checked, still wants 4.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Grr...my game won`t start since the update. Trying to unistall and reinstall to see if that helps.

Update for ye xbox users from CVG

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/448648/the-wolf-among-us-xbox-360-season-pass-holders-to-be-sent-code-for-episode-2/
    "All The Wolf Among Us Season Pass owners will be sent Xbox 360 console system message codes that will allow them to download episode 2 for no additional charge. If you intended to buy a Season Pass for The Wolf Among Us, but haven't yet, you can continue to do so. New Season Pass purchasers will also receive codes by console system message while the title update is in progress. Please note there may be a delay of up to 48 hours in receiving the console system message for new Season Pass purchases made prior to the title update release."
    Telltale also noted that "users will still see the paid $4.99 Episode 2 error in the in-game store after redeeming the code until the Episode 2 content is downloaded from the user's Download History using the aforementioned instructions."

sheehy83 wrote: »

wow what the hell happened that they can't just fix in game or on the store that they have to do that ????

have my code now, so will be playing this evening.

All set for the same craic next week if The Walking Dead ep 2 comes out.

• Advertisement

Chirst the freezing and stuttering in this on xbox is horrific, can't just be me can it???? People praise telltale for the walking dead, to be fair season one had this issue too but didn't notice it on Season 2 Ep1 , ep2 of Wolf was bad from the off with this issue.

Advertisement