Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Wolf Among Us (Telltale games new IP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

calex71 wrote: »
    Chirst the freezing and stuttering in this on xbox is horrific, can't just be me can it???? People praise telltale for the walking dead, to be fair season one had this issue too but didn't notice it on Season 2 Ep1 , ep2 of Wolf was bad from the off with this issue.

I played The walking dead and this game on the same PC. TWD is much smoother game....and thats not saying much. There is a lot of stuttering that I notice that wasn't so bad playing TWD.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I tried to download EP2 on the PS3 and I can't find it on PSN, I look in the DLC menue in the game and it says there is no content at this time. I bought the season pass and when I click download nothing happens but it says I purchased it. What gives here it's very annoying. It's like Ep2 does not exist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I tried to download EP2 on the PS3 and I can't find it on PSN, I look in the DLC menue in the game and it says there is no content at this time. I bought the season pass and when I click download nothing happens but it says I purchased it. What gives here it's very annoying. It's like Ep2 does not exist.

If you search for it in the store you'll find it. Just picked up the Season Pass in the February Sale so looking forward to getting stuck into this over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Nope, still can't find it. The season pass won't download either but it knows I've bought it. No sign of EP2 on PSN at all for me even manually searching for it. I don't get this.

Edit just found it, it's a bit bogey. Ep2 won't show up itself, you have to go into Ep1 to download again and then scroll down to find it. All sorted now, just took a week to figure out :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Nope, still can't find it. The season pass won't download either but it knows I've bought it. No sign of EP2 on PSN at all for me even manually searching for it. I don't get this.

Strange… I found it and downloaded last night with no bother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,742 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Trailer for Episode 3, but no release date yet that I know of

Spoilers for Episode 2, obviously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

How was episode two?

Enjoyed Ep 1 but the episode wait times are shocking so waiting for all five to be out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

It's out next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Seen thread revived - got the faint hope that it was released - thought better of it (it's Telltale after all) - read new posts
    Trailer for Episode 3, but no release date yet that I know of
    Knew it
    It's out next week
    Delighted !!

But still going to search the interwebs for confirmation of this !!

Edit : Looks like you were right !! :D
    Release dates for #TheWolfAmongUs Ep3! 4/8: PC/Mac WW, PS3 North America; 4/9: Xbox 360 WW.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm guessing this will be a 6 part series again?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Kiith wrote: »
    I'm guessing this will be a 6 part series again?

5 Afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,742 ✭✭✭✭Penn

How was episode two?

Enjoyed Ep 1 but the episode wait times are shocking so waiting for all five to be out.

Yeah Episode 2 was pretty good. Not as good as 1 and felt a bit short but overall, more of the same so can't complain really.

How was episode two?

It was shorter than I expected. I think the story is taking its time to unfold. Though the ending of Episode 2 seems to suggest a ramping up of the story for the next episode. The trailer for episode 3 looks good, though I have had the game for 5 months now and I have still only played 2 episodes. I bought TWD when it was completed and I actually think I prefer that than waiting months in between episodes....its also cheaper just to wait till the game is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

sarumite wrote: »
    It was shorter than I expected. I think the story is taking its time to unfold. Though the ending of Episode 2 seems to suggest a ramping up of the story for the next episode. The trailer for episode 3 looks good, though I have had the game for 5 months now and I have still only played 2 episodes. I bought TWD when it was completed and I actually think I prefer that than waiting months in between episodes....its also cheaper just to wait till the game is done.

I did the same. TWD 2 was already 33% off on a steam sale and its not finshed either. Lesson learned, Ill wait for sales when they are finshed next time. The games are just too short for the release gaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Episode 3 just released on Steam... Can not wait to get stuck into this tonight! :D

Also, it is currently on special on Steam. 40% off, which makes it ~€13. Highly recommended and a better game than the Walking Dead, imo.

Just finished the episode and it was a lot better than the previous one. Early June for episode 4? I hope so!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Excellent episode. I'm someone who loved The Walking Dead, but this is a whole other level for me. This is the single best episode I've played in any TellTale game. Can't wait for more.

Excellent episode. I'm someone who loved The Walking Dead, but this is a whole other level for me. This is the single best episode I've played in any TellTale game. Can't wait for more.

Wow. Looking forward to downloading it tonight so !

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

For any slow fool like me who still hasn't got it, The Wolf Among Us season pass on sale later today on PS Store. 8 euro or 7.20 with PS+ sub. DEFINITELY getting this today!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

If there's anyone browsing this thread that doesn't own The Wolf Among Us, but enjoyed The Walking Dead, immediately stop what you're doing and buy this game. It's on sale on Steam too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Any sign of ep3 yet on the 360?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Falthyron wrote: »
    Episode 3 just released on Steam... Can not wait to get stuck into this tonight! :D

Also, it is currently on special on Steam. 40% off, which makes it ~€13. Highly recommended and a better game than the Walking Dead, imo.

Between this and TWD2 I could have got them both for what I paid for one at release and their not even half finished. I really am not a fan of the whole episode thing from telltale.

Potatoeman wrote: »
    I really am not a fan of the whole episode thing from telltale.

None of use are really. Well, the concept is good, in that it's broken into parts.
    But everyone hates waiting so long for the next episode.

It's the same with people and TV series these days, people like to Binge on a show, and as with episodic games, we'd rather play it as much as we like to completion as and when we like.

It doesn't help that it's not a regular release schedule either, you can be waiting months between releases, forgetting half the story and many of the characters names.

I've already forgotten the names of the new characters introduced in the last TWD2 episode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

yeah that's why I wait til all the episodes to be out before buying it. Although might have to take the plunge for €8!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Got the season pass there for 8 quid. Still gonna wait until all episodes are out. Doing my best to remember characters in TWD ep 2, can't be introducing even more at this stage. Looking forward to playing it anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭JaqenHgarr

excellent episode and can't wait to find out more about
    bloody mary and the crooked man
    Also out of curiosity how many of you
    killed tweedle dum
    ?
    I know i did

JaqenHgarr wrote: »
    excellent episode and can't wait to find out more about
    bloody mary and the crooked man
    Also out of curiosity how many of you
    killed tweedle dum
    ?
    I know i did
    I let him live.
    The theme of destiny/fate is strong in Wolf Among Us, and I am playing the game with the intention to prove change is possible and Bigby can be whoever he wants to be by actively trying to pick choices uncharacteristic of his Fable world persona. So, I have not killed anyone, and I have tried to abide by the law and fairness throughout my playthrough. However, I have a sneaking suspicion that there are some things you can't change (as suggested by Snow's comments on things going wrong), and no matter what, choices made by Bigby have no bearing on the conclusion of his story.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I can't seem to do anything bad with Snow looking over my shoulder the whole time.

My Bigby Wolf is really mellowing as the game goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭JaqenHgarr

Spoiler: I let him live.
    The theme of destiny/fate is strong in Wolf Among Us, and I am playing the game with the intention to prove change is possible and Bigby can be whoever he wants to be by actively trying to pick choices uncharacteristic of his Fable world persona. So, I have not killed anyone, and I have tried to abide by the law and fairness throughout my playthrough. However, I have a sneaking suspicion that there are some things you can't change (as suggested by Snow's comments on things going wrong), and no matter what, choices made by Bigby have no bearing on the conclusion of his story.

I agree but i also think we have to put ourselves in bigbys shoes in certain situations and react how we think he would react, not how we want him to react for his character arc
    I am also playing as a "good" Bigby i am being as nice as i can and i gave the tweedles every chance, but coming at me twice with shotguns with every intention to kill me and plus i was in wolf mode, i think that no matter how much bigby is changing he would relapse in this situation

• Advertisement

I killed him. It was keeping in character with the kind of Bigsby I am playing. Usually in a game I tend to show mercy, but not this time!

Advertisement