Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Wolf Among Us (Telltale games new IP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Usually I'll stick with being a stereotypical "Good guy" or as good as possible but in this (and The Walking Dead), I'm picking every decision based on what I think is right/what I want to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Just got around to playing Ep 3 tonight. Great episode, a lot more interesting than number 2 and I thought the climax was excellent.
    I decided to let Dee live, all though straight after Bibgy's reaction felt out of character. I've been making a lot of 'good' choices too, but I think in the heat of the moment and considering the chances all ready given to the the Tweedles that maybe I should just have killed him. Does Snow react in any particular way if you kill him?

I played The Walking Dead all together as I got it ages after it came out, but I definitely think that's the better way to experience it. I didn't notice the wait between episodes as much this time, but I do feel like I'm gonna forgetting little details in between episodes. Which does affect the immersion a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭JaqenHgarr

I decided to let Dee live, all though straight after Bibgy's reaction felt out of character. I've been making a lot of 'good' choices too, but I think in the heat of the moment and considering the chances all ready given to the the Tweedles that maybe I should just have killed him. Does Snow react in any particular way if you kill him?
    yeah
    she looks shocked and a little apalled but and in the next episode preview she says that fables will think Bigby is going back to his old ways but it doesnt sound like shes saying it angrily just kind of matter-of-factly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I played the first episode on 360 when it was first released but ended up trading it in towards a PS4.
    Ended up buying the season pass for €7 on psn and i've just played all 3 episodes is a row.

I'm enjoying it a lot more than TWD.. There's just something how being the Big Bad Wolf thats just class :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I played the first episode on 360 when it was first released but ended up trading it in towards a PS4.
    Ended up buying the season pass for €7 on psn and i've just played all 3 episodes is a row.

I'm enjoying it a lot more than TWD.. There's just something how being the Big Bad Wolf thats just class :D

Same here, and I just played episode 3 tonight and figured out why I think this !!!

In TWAU there is less moving around and having to talk to people and QTE its more collect the evidence and decide the next move or place to go , there is more dialogue and more story , and more interesting story, I plays far more like an interactive comic than TWD does, that and the music , setting and visuals are better overall IMO.

Edit: Best bit of episode 3? when in the bar and it says
    Gren won't remember this
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Finished Ep 3 tonight (and also a replay through picking different options)
    Which locations did you choose to visit?
    I did Crane's Apt first as we were right next to it, and then the Bar. Seems like going to the Tweedle's office was the 'right' choice as you get to offer Fly a job. I took the cash the first time round, I wonder if that'll bite me in the ass. Thought it might come in handy like with Faith in ep 1.

Did you offer yer one a job or burn the tree? First time round I didn't, burnt it down and felt quite bad about it. Replaying it giving her a job and saving the tree felt like the 'right' choice, as Snow wasn't too upset about defying her.

I general I try be level-headed but the pimp insulting Snow, I had to punch him, as with Crane, he deserved it! I generally wouldn't kill people either but the Tweedles gunned you down - intending to murder you - so no sympathy from me! I got annoyed at Snow's "people will think you're back to the old you" scolding in the future cut-scene, jaysus they tried to murder me! It is cool to see some new characters - looking forward to more Bloody Mary and this Crooked Man.

Is there any differences in time? Like can you reach the Witch's place before midnight? I blanked during the re-play. Seems like Bluebeard is vying for Crane's spot and is in cahoots with the bad guys. He's pushing quite hard I don't think Bigby & Snow pushed him back enough. First playthrough he went off to see the Tweedles but they pull shotguns at the end - he obviously did a poor job!

Overall def. enjoying this more than TWD but that's also quite enjoyable (although generally very depressing)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Bought the season pass for €7 and installed the first ones but might wait until the end to actually play it.

If you can hold out I'd recommend doing that. The wait between eps is pretty bad and you do forget the smaller plot-threads an conversations by the time the next one comes out.

A few screens for ep.4 out today http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-18156-The-Wolf-Among-Us--First-Episode-4-Screens-See-Bigby-Looking-Angry.html

Usually means the release isn't far off, usually 2 weeks max after the screens are released.

I actually went and started the comics recently and am throughly enjoying them, thought it might spoil the game for me but I just wanted more and couldn't wait for the game to deliver that :D

Has there been anything that would spoil it so far? I picked up the first volume a while back but don't want to start it yet for fear of spoilers
    calex71 wrote: »
    A few screens for ep.4 out today http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-18156-The-Wolf-Among-Us--First-Episode-4-Screens-See-Bigby-Looking-Angry.html

Usually means the release isn't far off, usually 2 weeks max after the screens are released.

I actually went and started the comics recently and am throughly enjoying them, thought it might spoil the game for me but I just wanted more and couldn't wait for the game to deliver that :D

• Advertisement

Somnus wrote: »
    Has there been anything that would spoil it so far? I picked up the first volume a while back but don't want to start it yet for fear of spoilers

No nothing, unless the games end with the same way the comic does but I really can't see it happening different characters in play for the most part, and the story ok in the comic they are investigating a murder too but thats as far as the similarity goes.

I'm up to volume 5. There is actually one scene from the game that was the same as the comic where bigby is having a go at colin the pig about being in his apartment again and telling him to go back to the farm.

No nothing, unless the games end with the same way the comic does but I really can't see it happening different characters in play for the most part, and the story ok in the comic they are investigating a murder too but thats as far as the similarity goes.

I'm up to volume 5. There is actually one scene from the game that was the same as the comic where bigby is having a go at colin the pig about being in his apartment again and telling him to go back to the farm.

Good to know. Will probably start it soon so!

Ep 4. out next week !!!!! Woohoo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,742 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Ep 4. out next week !!!!! Woohoo :)

Nice one. I was hoping now that we're into the last two episodes of this and TWD that there won't be as much of a delay between them. Remains to be seen, but still, looking good.

I do like this staggered release schedule between TWD and WAU. Enjoying the Fables much more I find.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I do like this staggered release schedule between TWD and WAU. Enjoying the Fables much more I find.

I think I might have mentioned already, but like it more than the walking dead also.

I think because there was less of a distinction between story and gameplay in this, it merged a lot more than TWD. That said the last episode of TWD succeed at this too I thought, so tell tale are still improving a very good formula.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Awesome news that the new episode is out next. I keep seeming to miss the updates here and only find out a few weeks after the release. One of the few games I'm glad I signed up for the season pass after playing through the first episode. Only thing that's annoying me is the slowdown during the cut-scenes. Very noticeable during the scenes at the start where they showed what happened previously. I'm presuming this has something to do with game trying to decipher the various choices you made. Other then that gripe I'm enjoying the various choices and like other I usually pick the good guy options but something about Bigsby makes my act like a a b*stard!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Can't come soon enough. I decided after playing the first, to wait until they're all out before going through them all, and I don't have the self control to last much longer!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Out now.
    Turned on my Steam and it started auto-downloading ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Hearing great things about this episode!

Dunno when I will get a chance to play it, could be the weekend before I get a chance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,742 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Ah for **** sake... Not out on PS3 in Europe this week. Probably next week but not confirmed.

Was looking forward to playing it tonight.

*exits thread for another week*

Probably gonna be the weekend before I can play it too. Gah!

Can't wait to get stuck into it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

@PlaystationEU has tweeted this morning
    The Wolf Among Us - Episode 4: In Sheep's Clothing is coming THIS Friday 30th of May! Exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Just finished episode 4 there, it was excellent.
    Can't wait for ep5, it's set up lovely :D

Just played episode 4 tonight and it is absolutely brilliant!!

Great balance of good dialogue, and good action sequences. Was gonna say it felt a little short, but I think that's just cause I enjoyed it so much.

Also seem to have gone mostly against the grain on the choices compared to most of the community this time, as opposed to just one or two previously

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Finished it last night. I thought it was good and I loved the mystery of the big bad. I'm looking forward to seeing how it will end too.

I lit a cigarette at the end. Hope they s**t themselves at my coolness :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Finished it last night. I thought it was good and I loved the mystery of the big bad. I'm looking forward to seeing how it will end too.

I lit a cigarette at the end. Hope they s**t themselves at my coolness :cool:

Haha! I sat down to hear what they have to say. Great ending and a perfect setting for the final episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Just after playing through all the episodes over the last few days after buying the season pass earlier in the year through the PSN sale.

So far so good. Since I know nothing of the comics I'm basically just trying to be the good guy.

I must say I had forgot how terrible telltale games perform on console. No idea what it's like on PC. That's a pity too as I'd love to play these games on my vita and not worry about it constantly stuttering.

Any idea when Episode 5 is out?

tok9 wrote: »
    Just after playing through all the episodes over the last few days after buying the season pass earlier in the year through the PSN sale.

So far so good. Since I know nothing of the comics I'm basically just trying to be the good guy.

I must say I had forgot how terrible telltale games perform on console. No idea what it's like on PC. That's a pity too as I'd love to play these games on my vita and not worry about it constantly stuttering.

Any idea when Episode 5 is out?

Based on how the releases have gone so far, we'll see a new walking dead episode first, mid to late july for TWAU I'd say.

I know I said earlier the comics don't spoil the game, well thats true in terms of the plot but after going so far with the comics now I found the last episode of the game a bit meh, not the games fault by any means more to do with how excellent the comics are. Anyone planning on reading them wait for the game to finish so you get the most out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Going to get around to playing this and catching up when I get paid. Is there much difference in the platform versions? Should I buy it for PC, Mac or PS3?

Advertisement