Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Wolf Among Us (Telltale games new IP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

.ak wrote: »
    Going to get around to playing this and catching up when I get paid. Is there much difference in the platform versions? Should I buy it for PC, Mac or PS3?

It's a point and click adventure game with like maybe 1 quicktime event per chapter. Just pick it up on whatever console is cheapest :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Cormac... wrote: »
    It's a point and click adventure game with like maybe 1 quicktime event per chapter. Just pick it up on whatever console is cheapest :)

Considering that's all they are, they can run pretty sketchily on the PS3 at times. Are they smoother on PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Considering that's all they are, they can run pretty sketchily on the PS3 at times. Are they smoother on PC?

Unless you have a potato for a PC it should run fine, haven't had any problems at all running them so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Well I got it on x-box 360 cause the season pass was on sale. Sometimes it does take a while to load etc. But nothing frustrating. If you've ever played a PS1, then load times shouldn't annoy you anymore ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

The performance is absolutely shocking in the games. Ridiculously long load times and massive stutter when a scene begins.

Telltale really need to build a new engine.

Also.. maybe not entirely related but I really hope they eventually add some cross save features for all their games between PS3/PS4/Vita.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Runs perfect on PC. Never had an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Just finished the first episode there, got it in the Steam sale.
    **** me, I actually feel really bad for tearing off that poor bastards arm at the end. The whimpering out of him was really pathetic, and the horror on the barwomans face (and Woody) was terrible. I know the guy was a dick, but still. They're the downtrodden of society and I go and do that. What a prick.

I stayed out of it with Beauty/Beast, and talked Toad around. I thought I was playing it pretty fair... Went after Tweedledi, since I figured the Woodsman isn't involved. Wonder how that'll turn out.

From now on, I'll likely be a "good" guy. Cracking game so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

• Registered Users Posts: 33,742 ✭✭✭✭Penn

calex71 wrote: »

Nice one. Was expecting TWD Episode 4 but be nice to just finish off TWAU while it's fresher in the memory

Penn wrote: »
    Nice one. Was expecting TWD Episode 4 but be nice to just finish off TWAU while it's fresher in the memory

That also had screens released this week which usually means a release is imminent, and TT have said it will be out this month though so likely the following week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Nice. Just got around to finishing episode 4 a few nights ago and can't wait for the last episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Can't wait. Hope there's a season 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Nice one! Just getting into episode 2, will play them all back to back.

I do find it pretty buggy though. I'm guessing Telltale are a small company? Either that or their quality testing department is absolutely rubbish. The stuttering and stalling is quite awful at times. It completely froze yesterday. It's as if there was a scratch on the disc or something, but it's a downloaded game FFS. I'm playing it on a PS3, about 3 years old.

It would put me off ever buying a Telltale game full price. Walking Dead Season 1 was the same.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Have stayed away from playing this until all episodes are done.
    Same with The Walking Dead season 2.

F1ngers wrote: »

I admire your willpower !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

F1ngers wrote: »

Should download them right now and by the time you're up to date E5 should be out :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I admire your willpower !!!!!

I hated the long wait between each episode of WD1, it kind of tarnished it a little bit(still loved it though).
    Should download them right now and by the time you're up to date E5 should be out :D

What can be downloaded has been downloaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Thank god this is finishing up. I've been putting off playing them until I could do a complete run through. I just don't have the patience for waiting for each new episode (I blame Netflix. I could probably just blame myself, but it's easier to blame everyone else).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yes, i can finally start playing it now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

any update on when its out for next gen consoles? I've held off as well to buy it as a complete set.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

any update on when its out for next gen consoles? I've held off as well to buy it as a complete set.

Polygon Link
    Amazon is listing release dates in October and November for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One version of Telltale Games' episodic series' The Walking Dead Season One, Season Two and The Wolf Among Us.

According to the listing for The Walking Dead: Game of the Year Edition — which includes the 2012 award-winning original season as well as the 400 Days DLC — and the listing for The Walking Dead Season Two, both are slated to hit on Oct. 14 for $29.99. The latter season, which debuted in Dec. 2013, still has two unreleased episodes to go in its five-episode run.

Amazon's listing for The Wolf Among Us, which launched last October and is slated to release its final episode very soon, pegs Nov. 18 as the $29.99 compilation's release date on PS4 and Xbox One, as well as on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Wow just found out and this is old news, it goes back to last year Heyday films (HarryPotter) are bringing this to the big screen, well by this I mean the Fables comics so likely will be doing the Adversary arcs over multiple films.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/62708

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Just finished episode one tonight, and by god that was brilliant. Probably enjoyed it more than TWD.
    That ending... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Great trailer for Ep 5. Dying to get into it now!

Would absolutely love a season 2 as well. But I'll definitely be making my way through the comics once I finish Ep 5

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Yay, Looks like i can finally buy and enjoy this game from start to finish! Can't wait. Loved TWD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Any release date for Ep5 yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Tuesday July 8th

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Played an episode each night the past 4 nights so if the final episode releases today that's great timing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,742 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Is it today on PS3 too or do we have to wait for store update tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I think its tomorrow....

Advertisement