Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Wolf Among Us (Telltale games new IP)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Bah, had hoped on playing this tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

They did announce the 8th.

But it always turns out to be the following day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

You can play tonight, it's unlocked for me today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

You can play tonight, it's unlocked for me today.

8th for PC , 9th for Xbox / PS3

Miss Calex thought she had downloaded it ealier and walked away with out seeing the confirm download button wasn't clickable on the xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Heard the 5th ep is on its way so downloaded the 1st 4 today. Looking forward to giving this a lash, haven't looked up anything about it so going in completely blind.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's available now for me (pc). Won't actually get to play it till the weekend...god damn it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Heard the 5th ep is on its way so downloaded the 1st 4 today. Looking forward to giving this a lash, haven't looked up anything about it so going in completely blind.

I was the same and it was so good that it convinced me to buy volume one of Fables, my first comic book/graphic novel (What's the proper term?), and it's excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

10/10 and without a doubt, far better than Season 1 of The Walking Dead.

So many decisions to be made in the finale that I keep wondering about what would have happened if I chose x over y, etc.
    I put George out of his misery, and Vivian died by suicide. I then choked Crooked Man to death instead of bringing him in as I felt he would just weasel his way out of any sort of a trial. I felt wrong doing this. As I mentioned earlier, I was trying to change Bigby from the beginning. I wanted him to be redeemed and not be the Big Bad Wolf everyone saw in him, but I really did think that if I brought Crooked Man in he would be set free. I convinced the community to keep Snow as Mayor and Bigby kept his job with most people coming to support them.

Ultimately though, that ending!! She is Faith!? I chose to go after her.

What did everybody else choose and how did it end for you?

I am in two parts about buying Season 2 (assuming they make a sequel). In one hand, the game is fantastic and I would throw my money at them straight away, but in the other I can't stand waiting for each episode! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Falthyron wrote: »
    What did everybody else choose and how did it end for you?
    I was trying for the "please Snow, be civilised except when pissed off" options - for example, I didn't torture the Tweedle we had arrested and talked Georgie into giving me info instead of smashing up his place. I did however, rip off Grenn's arm and kill Tweedledum.

I chose to leave Georgie to die on his own. Regardless of how he felt he had no choice, he did kill Lily and Faith (or Nerissa, whichever). Plus, he was a prick. Vivian had killed herself at this point. That was gruesome enough. Nicely done, Telltale.

I took the Crooked Man in, as it was the 'civilised' thing to do, plus Snow wanted Bigby to do that. I didn't kill him at the end either - chose to have him interred - as a raven in a cage. Didn't see that coming, was a nice touch.

I chose to let Faith/Nerissa go at the end, didn't go after her. I kinda had a suspicion that Faith was still around though. Very Usual Suspects vibe to it. Which is a good thing.

The fight with Bloody Mary was great - she looks nasty as her real self, and we finally got to see Bigby go "full Wolf" on someone. I was full sure Bigby was going to lose an eye in that final scene.

Going to play through again as soon as I can as a total dickhead, choosing violence whenever I can, as soon as I can. Just to see how it plays out and how people's reactions to you change.

I much preferred that to the Walking Dead, and that was excellent. I think it's the setting. Fabletown is fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Is it out on PS3 today lads?

Finished episode 2 (which was so short like others said), besides the much mentioned glitches and slowdown it's pretty class. First 2 haven't really had any big choices though from what I remember bar
    ripping your man's arm off or not, which I did, cos he was a dick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

It's available on the PSN store now.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Pay day at the end of the month, this is my first purchase. Can't Wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,742 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Brilliant episode.
    I killed Georgie. Wasn't going to, but by the end, just couldn't leave him. The fight with Bloody Mary was great. After that I brought the Crooked Man in.

What I love about these games, is I was fully intending to have the Crooked Man be killed if he was found guilty. Then when given the option, I let him be imprisoned. Then even when he tried to kill me and I was given the option again, I still just couldn't kill him.

Toad and TJ then really twisted the knife in at the end. Another gut punch. Then finding out Nerissa lied about the Crooked Man meaning I was probably right not to have killed him... Man.

Will definitely buy on PS4 to play through it again. Really enjoyed it. Didn't quite hit the emotional heights of The Walking Dead Season 1, but overall I'd say the story and characters were better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I thought it was brilliant too. Just really loved the setting and characters and I must admit I'm tempted to read the comics!

Now as for the episode I'm going straight for the big talking point imo because I'm not sure about it.
    It's heavily implied that Nerissa is actually Faith at the end. I loved the twist but i'm finding it difficult to make sense of it.

What seems more likely is that Bigby never met Faith, the person we met at the beginning is Nerissa glamoured to look like Faith.

If we are to assume it is Faith at the end then that would surely mean both Nerissa and Faith for some reason decided to glamour eachother which led to Georgie killing Nerissa who looked like Faith.

Which is why I think the latter is a bit more farfetched...

What does everyone else think?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭bellylint

yo can anyone tell me, if you buy it on steam, do you get all the episodes or do you have to buy each one individually?

Bit let down by some aspects of it but enjoyed the last ep over all.

It was a mistake for me to have started the comics before finishing the game not because of spoilers but because they are so good.

I think my main issue with the finale was
    the crooked man was just a gangster
    any way I took
    him in alive and was going to rip his head off after it was decided bigby would decide his punishment, he then tried to kill him with his cuffs it gave me a choice again so I went with imprisonment , where the witch had him turned into a crow

Did anyones game give more mention of
    Crain
    didn't find out much in mine.

I liked what Bigby said to flycatcher too about
    knowing who he is.

Did anyone manage to keep
    Vivian alive
    I got the feeling it might have been possible ????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Ridley

Penn wrote: »
    What I love about these games, is I was fully intending to have the Crooked Man be killed if he was found guilty. Then when given the option, I let him be imprisoned. Then even when he tried to kill me and I was given the option again, I still just couldn't kill him.

The frustrating thing is that
    the caging
    could theoretically be undone what with
    the new information
    but the game won't allow it because that would encroach on the choices of other players.

I tried to play as the Bigby I know from the comic with the major difference being that I sure as heck wasn't going to
    send Colin back to The Farm voluntarily

tok9 wrote: »
    I thought it was brilliant too. Just really loved the setting and characters and I must admit I'm tempted to read the comics!

Now as for the episode I'm going straight for the big talking point imo because I'm not sure about it.
    It's heavily implied that Nerissa is actually Faith at the end. I loved the twist but i'm finding it difficult to make sense of it.

What seems more likely is that Bigby never met Faith, the person we met at the beginning is Nerissa glamoured to look like Faith.

If we are to assume it is Faith at the end then that would surely mean both Nerissa and Faith for some reason decided to glamour eachother which led to Georgie killing Nerissa who looked like Faith.

Which is why I think the latter is a bit more farfetched...

What does everyone else think?
    Yeah, I'm in two minds too. To me it makes sense if it was Nerissa glamoured as Faith in the beginning, in order to get Bigby's attention. The main thing throwing me off is Bufkin's line when Bigby's is remembering quotes in the ending, about how Faith disguised herself to escape the kingdom.

The only other thing is that Lily still looked like Snow White even after death, until they broke her glamour. That and the other flashback line about the doctor running more tests on Faith's body. So maybe if it was actually Nerissa's body glamoured as Faith, and Nerissa was the little mermaid, it might have been the reason the doctor needed to do more tests.

So I'm putting my money on it being Faith who is alive. Perhaps there's different dialogue options which would have revealed another clue.

Ridley wrote: »
    The frustrating thing is that
    the caging
    could theoretically be undone what with
    the new information
    but the game won't allow it because that would encroach on the choices of other players.

I tried to play as the Bigby I know from the comic with the major difference being that I sure as heck wasn't going to
    send Colin back to The Farm voluntarily
    I think it's still clear the Crooked Man was guilty of a hell of a lot, and if released would grab back most of his power, so even if the option to release him was there, I wouldn't have picked it anyway.

The ribbons
    do we know for sure
    Vivian is permanently dead
    or can
    simply tie her head back on
    that would not be too far a stretch for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Really trying to wrap my head around that ending...
    So the Faith that i gave money to at the beginning is actually Narissa that has been popping up every now and then? if so, whose body was found to make people think it was Faith that got killed? This is the disadvantage about waiting for every episode to be released. i can't remember much about episode 1, i will have to replay it ha.

Edit: Oh and i'm going to read the comics. can anyone who read the books and played the games tell me if there is any differences or does the game follow it completely?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

bellylint wrote: »
    yo can anyone tell me, if you buy it on steam, do you get all the episodes or do you have to buy each one individually?

You'll get all of them. Seems to be on a midweek deal as well at €11.49 so as good a time as any to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Finished it. Very enjoyable episode, I thought.
    Loved the showdown with Bloody Mary. I didn't know that Bigby had another even more bad-ass form. Bloody Mary's true self was great too.

I killed Georgie. He didn't really deserve to be put out of his misery but I did it anyway.

I took The Crooked Man in for the trial, which was brilliantly done. There was a good few occasions where he was winning the crowd back before Bigby and Snow would convince them otherwise and then he would almost have them again but Nerissa showed up and that was all the evidence that was needed.

I was torn on what to do with him before eventually deciding to throw him down the well. I wasn't so torn after he grabbed me though.

Why did Toad have to go to The Farm? I remember I found some money at the butchers and gave it to Toad for glamour but he was still sent away? I thought I would've avoided that.

The Nerissa/Faith stuff left me a little confused. So Faith was killed which made Nerissa glamour herself as Faith to get Bigby's attention before Nerissa placing Faith's actual head on the doorstep? I ran after her at the end anyway.

I'm not really bothered about not technically proving Crooked Man's guilt. It's clear he was a bad guy and my Bigby wasn't exactly a by-the-book kind of person.

Really trying to wrap my head around that ending...
    So the Faith that i gave money to at the beginning is actually Narissa that has been popping up every now and then? if so, whose body was found to make people think it was Faith that got killed? This is the disadvantage about waiting for every episode to be released. i can't remember much about episode 1, i will have to replay it ha.

Edit: Oh and i'm going to read the comics. can anyone who read the books and played the games tell me if there is any differences or does the game follow it completely?

The game is set 10 years before the 1st issue of the comic, the game is 90% canon from what I could see. The major thing from the game that wasn't in line was Narissa though after ep5 and without further explanation thats up in the air for me, as in the comics
    we are told the little mermaids origin story and that she is in a pond on the farm
    in the game
    it's not entirely clear she was who she said she was at all so might not have really been the little mermaid at all
    Many of the minor characters in the game are never in the comic and are unique to the game, like the crooked man and his gang. Other stuff is very accurate ep 5 was full of nods and hat tips, the book of fables entries unlocked in game are pretty accurate, read the one from ep 5 regards Bigbys mum and dad thats it in a nut shell regards the comic.

Be warned though as I said earlier having read them affected my enjoyment of the game because of much more epic they are , which is saying something given how good the game is.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Nearly finished episode 1, the game oozes f*cking style and character.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Penn wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm in two minds too. To me it makes sense if it was Nerissa glamoured as Faith in the beginning, in order to get Bigby's attention. The main thing throwing me off is Bufkin's line when Bigby's is remembering quotes in the ending, about how Faith disguised herself to escape the kingdom.

The only other thing is that Lily still looked like Snow White even after death, until they broke her glamour. That and the other flashback line about the doctor running more tests on Faith's body. So maybe if it was actually Nerissa's body glamoured as Faith, and Nerissa was the little mermaid, it might have been the reason the doctor needed to do more tests.

So I'm putting my money on it being Faith who is alive. Perhaps there's different dialogue options which would have revealed another clue.
    At the start of game, when you first can interact with the magic mirror, if you ask it to locate Faith's Father it shows you a corpse. However, if you ask it to show you Faith, its says that she is hidden by powerful magic. So I always figured that Faith was still alive and was hidden by a glamour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Thought the last episode was a good one, all though as usual seemed to go by too quick!
    The action sequences were great, particularly the final fight with Mary (who looked absolutely bad ass in her true form). It's funny, she was one of the few characters I probably would have chosen to kill, didn't get the choice though.

Loved the trial scene with Crooked Man as there were a few points where I actually thought he was gonna talk his way out of it, and I didn't want to just kill him and have Fabletown hate me after trying so hard to get them to see him as merciful.

The ending... I actually didn't cop who it was! Problem with the gaps between episodes I guess. But now that I get the implication I'm a bit confused about what happened. My guess is that Nerissa glamoured herself as Faith to get Bibgy's attention maybe, as J. Masrston said. Hope it gets revealed in Season 2! (which I really hope they make)

Overall, I enjoyed it more than Walking Dead. It just has more interesting characters and style. However it definitely doesn't punch anywhere near the same emotional punch.

Also, love the avatar Penn ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Just finished episode 3.
    Damn straight I killed him! Who wouldn't after a fella unloads 50 shotgun rounds into you, after trying previously. And I burned the witch's tree, lying black marketer! I've generally been nice. I was nice to the tweedle in the interrogation, so screw that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

So I
    killed the crooked man :D

Up to that point I didn't kill anyone. The scene back at the well was good, half them hated me haha.

After that....the story went downhill I thought, they should have ended on a high with the well scene instead of the little fillers like TJ being sent to the farm...which was depressing and then a conversation with Nerissa or whoever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

is it worth going back and playing it again? this time making different choices than before

Advertisement