Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Wolf Among Us (Telltale games new IP)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Finished it tonight, and absolutely loved it.
    I took the Crooked Man in, and imprisoned him. I was trying for the 'changed' Bigby, and didn't really kill anyone when given the option. Loved the fight with Mary...she looked brilliant as well.

Didn't quite cop the Faith/Narissa thing. Did they ever say if Glamour's had a time limit? I'm going with the assumption that Faith was killed, and Narissa saw it, so she glamoured herself as Faith to talk to get Bigby invested. Then placed the head on Bigby's steps. Though it does leave it quite open for interpretation. Either way, I let her go anyway, and smoked a cigarette like a badass :)

Would love to see a season 2, and will check out the comics.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Excellent final episode;
    it was a "wrap things up" grand affair from the get go. Loved the chase set piece, Bloody Mary battle was very cool. (Narratively I can understand TellTale saving the full wolf shape/blowing wind for the finale but it felt like just that, as he's been close to death before and hadn't fully changed). Let Georgie die (didn't want to murder him if possible, also leaving him to bleed out seems a crueller option, for killing 2 women) but I immediately regretted it as it nagged me that he could survive. Took Crooked man in, loved that the big scene was a conversation, convincing your peers into deciding a man's fate, bringing up old decisions - brilliant. It swung in your favour, out of it, back in, just very well done. I had every intention of killing him (illegal money-lending, magic slavery, prostitution, murder, attempted murder!) but went for the 'restrained' down a well instead.

I took Nerissa's words to mean she glamoured herself to look like Faith (after she was murdered) to get Bigby's attention. Shocked how her actions put everything in motion. Loved that they did a nice, relaxed epilogue/resolution scene to bow out for the season. Slightly annoyed Toad/TJ and Colin had to go to the farm - could've sworn my decisions said the opposite. (Money/promises). But it was a nice scene.
    All in all, killer episode, great season. Definitely preferred over TWD S2, which has also been very good but just so depressing. With Fables, you just have so much material to work with. I love how these old stories are just the background for the character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Excellent final episode;
    it was a "wrap things up" grand affair from the get go. Loved the chase set piece, Bloody Mary battle was very cool. (Narratively I can understand TellTale saving the full wolf shape/blowing wind for the finale but it felt like just that, as he's been close to death before and hadn't fully changed). Let Georgie die (didn't want to murder him if possible, also leaving him to bleed out seems a crueller option, for killing 2 women) but I immediately regretted it as it nagged me that he could survive. Took Crooked man in, loved that the big scene was a conversation, convincing your peers into deciding a man's fate, bringing up old decisions - brilliant. It swung in your favour, out of it, back in, just very well done. I had every intention of killing him (illegal money-lending, magic slavery, prostitution, murder, attempted murder!) but went for the 'restrained' down a well instead.

I took Nerissa's words to mean she glamoured herself to look like Faith (after she was murdered) to get Bigby's attention. Shocked how her actions put everything in motion. Loved that they did a nice, relaxed epilogue/resolution scene to bow out for the season. Slightly annoyed Toad/TJ and Colin had to go to the farm - could've sworn my decisions said the opposite. (Money/promises). But it was a nice scene.
    All in all, killer episode, great season. Definitely preferred over TWD S2, which has also been very good but just so depressing. With Fables, you just have so much material to work with. I love how these old stories are just the background for the character.

It's worth looking up the old stories, even if you just read the wikipedia stuff, for many myself included only know the disney versions, for example I never knew rose red existed and her and snows entire history from the old tales has been worked into fables at some point, and the beauty is the stories are for the most part traditional folk takes and so need no permission for the characters to be used. I have to say the entire concept is a stroke of genius on willingham's part.

Edit: Wish it was wednesday already so I can get issue 142 of fables, catching up to the series so fast was not smart , now I've the month to month wait until it ends at issue 150.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Seen this is €7.20 on PSN for the PS3 at the moment is it worth it ?. Like how is the story compare to the walking dead season 1 and 2 ?. As love both of them so will i enjoy this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Buy it ^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,741 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Seen this is €7.20 on PSN for the PS3 at the moment is it worth it ?. Like how is the story compare to the walking dead season 1 and 2 ?. As love both of them so will i enjoy this ?

The story and tone is very different, but that's a good thing. It's well worth playing if you enjoyed TWD

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I probably enjoyed it more than the Walking Dead. Loved both of them, but the setting for this is absolutely fantastic, and has some excellent characters. Definitely worth €7.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Much preferred to this to the Walking Dead....

Its a much better franchise over all, having read both sets of comics and played both games.

Haven't heard a thing yet regarding a season 2 of The Wolf Among Us.
    I could be early days, but I have a bad feeling its not getting a second season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Played and loved walking dead . Not played this. Heard it was coming on disc form ps4 so was going to wait . But for 7 quid I might download and play it on ps3 to Feic. What ye think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Mr Freeze wrote: »

Its a much better franchise over all, having read both sets of comics and played both games.

I could be early days, but I have a bad feeling its not getting a second season.

Telltale hands are full might be put on back burner

• Advertisement

Mr Freeze wrote: »

I think it's still early days tbh. If we don't hear anything by Christmas, maybe I'd start to get a bit worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

brady12 wrote: »
    What ye think?

Be mad not to....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is this available for vita yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

SeantheMan wrote: »
    they should have ended on a high with the well scene instead of the little fillers like a conversation with Nerissa or whoever

I don't think you quite got the significance of that scene. It was definitely not filler and in some ways the most important scene of the entire episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Frankly my dear

Just finished this over the weekend, absolutely loved it. Great, great game. Can't recommend it enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Is this available for vita yet?

Seems to only be available on import like both seasons of The Walking Dead :(

Been playing this on the PS4, I bought it on disc O_O
    Really enjoying it
    i`m in the 3rd episode & just about to enter Ichabod Cranes apartment.......sense that its too easy fpor him to be the murderer and there are a few more swerves ahead, can`t help but feel Bluebeard or maybe the Headless Horseman is involved based on the picture early in the game with a load of different fables (Faith/Donkey Cloak, Snow White/7 Dwarfs, Beast/Beauty, Hood, Wolf & Huntsman.
    :/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ERG89 wrote: »
    Seems to only be available on import like both seasons of The Walking Dead :(

Been playing this on the PS4, I bought it on disc O_O
    Really enjoying it
    i`m in the 3rd episode & just about to enter Ichabod Cranes apartment.......sense that its too easy fpor him to be the murderer and there are a few more swerves ahead, can`t help but feel Bluebeard or maybe the Headless Horseman is involved based on the picture early in the game with a load of different fables (Faith/Donkey Cloak, Snow White/7 Dwarfs, Beast/Beauty, Hood, Wolf & Huntsman.
    :/

Its up on the psn store, i got it for ps3 in the end as I couldn't wait,loved it,will there be a season two?

Its up on the psn store, i got it for ps3 in the end as I couldn't wait,loved it,will there be a season two?

Honestly I don`t know? :confused:
    Telltale already have Tales from the Borderlands(In November), Game of Thrones (In December) and another season of Walking Dead (In 2015) to come out.
    Would love to see them do another Sam and Max too :o

Oh wow lots to look forward to so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Would love to see them do another Sam and Max too :o

I honestly thought TT's Sam and Max was rubbish --- guess I just favour the original one from the early 90s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Um.... I honestly didn't know they did any games before Walking Dead S1.... Am i thick or what? :pac:
    Are any of them on par with TWD S1 or TWAU

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Cormac... wrote: »
    Um.... I honestly didn't know they did any games before Walking Dead S1.... Am i thick or what? :pac:
    Are any of them on par with TWD S1 or TWAU

A lot of people are a fan of the Sam&Max series they did, never played them myself.
    Jurassic park is complete pants....it's atrocious.
    Back to the Future...it being one of my favourite films...I was even bored by the 2nd episode...never got around to finishing it.

They also did a Tales of Monkey Island, but I didn't get around to those either

Will there be a season two?

Aw there has to be one after that ending :mad: Really enjoyed the game though but the last two episodes were too short imo
    Fu<k the crooked man he deserved worse than being put down the well but what Nerissa said at the end annoyed me. Was sure i`d get to talk to Snow after or even give her her present.
    Btw was gutted to send poor little TJ to the farm at the end, damn that voice actor
    :(

damn that voice actor[/spoiler]
    Well, that voice actor has experience making us feel like that. She also voiced Clem in TWD

Penn wrote: »
    Well, that voice actor has experience making us feel like that. She also voiced Clem in TWD

Bluebeard sounded VERY familiar too ;)
    Gutted I finished it but my copy of Season 1 of the Walking Dead showed up this morning. My 3rd time buying it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Frankly my dear

Would love to see another season of this, really enjoyed it.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Aw there has to be one after that ending :mad: Really enjoyed the game though but the last two episodes were too short imo
    Fu<k the crooked man he deserved worse than being put down the well but what Nerissa said at the end annoyed me. Was sure i`d get to talk to Snow after or even give her her present.
    Btw was gutted to send poor little TJ to the farm at the end, damn that voice actor

You not get the option to
    tear the crooked man's head off before you threw him in the well?
    :)

Finished this last night and thought it was great though I
    wasn't sure what Bigby had figured out from what Narissa said at all though.
    I'll have to get my hands on the comics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You not get the option to
    tear the crooked man's head off before you threw him in the well?
    :)

Finished this last night and thought it was great though I
    wasn't sure what Bigby had figured out from what Narissa said at all though.
    I'll have to get my hands on the comics.

Do, they're awesome, even better than the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭CiaranW

Just finished this game over the weekend while on a gaming binge.
    Amazing game, loved the music, the style, the story.
    It was a masterpiece.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Yes, yes, and more yes! I really hope they confirm a Season Two soon! For me, Wolf Among Us is TellTale's best franchise.

https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/562915894649958402

Advertisement