Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Wolf Among Us (Telltale games new IP)

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

That does sound like another TWAU series being teased.

Great news if true.

I don't mind how far off it is either, as I would like them to update their engine, I think the current one is showing its age now (slightly).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd be delighted if they did a 2nd one. I absolutely loved the first, and really enjoyed the world they created. I think i even preferred it to TWD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

No doubt it's a tease for season 2 of TWAU, all they left out of the tweet was ''Wolf''. The last line in the game was ''I'll see you around...Wolf'' when the penny was dropping with Bigby.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Yay! Season 2. I hope they surprise us all and are all like "Available March!" or something like that. Sneaky feckers. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Just playing this now! Really loving it. First Telltale game I've played too. Enjoy the style of it; it's very noir.

There's only one way to get by in this world and it's by being big...and being bad! I'm on the third part now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,741 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think TWAU is probably my favourite of the Telltale Games. Its story may not be as heart-wrenching as some of the others, but it's a brilliant story with fantastic characters and some huge action sequences that don't feel forced or out of place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Grabbed this in the steam sale and finished last night must say is a really good game. I'm not sure that our choices have much of an input in how the game progresses tbh I feel you'd have the same choices at the end no matter what you did before.

Anyway :
    Did anybody else get a weird vibe about Snow. Something feels off about her I think she has more going on than meets the eye. What peeked my interest was when we first met Bloody Mary in the alley and she's about to kill Bigby. Snow asks to spare him and the Crooked Man rolls down the window and motions BM to leave him. Did Snow beg just right or was she giving the order?. BM breaks BW arm and as she's getting into the car says "Out with the old in with the new. Long live the Queen". Which Queen is she refering to?.

In the Butchers the blackboard has a list of glamours and a Mr White is one of them. There is a scene where we see Crane getting into a car and putting a glamour on the seat beside him. Is it crane?. Who is the glamour of?. Snow also comes out the best of them all she has almost complete control of Fabletown and for all her talk lets Blackbeard skip the queue at the end. And there ain't no way she gives a damn about Bigby. No way. She also was the one who found the head. And she sent toad away even after he was going to get glamours.

For the record I threw the kid down the well. Was gonna let him live but when he grabbed me he was donezo. Not sure if its Narissa or Faith who is still alive I guess we'll find out if they make a season 2. Please let our choices mean something TellTale.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It is very good, well written.. I think people are starting to see more and more with the Telltale games that the choices you make don't change the out come that much. It will change small details of events but it will still go the way it's ment to go in the end.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I keep hoping updates in this thread will be about a season 2, but alas :(

Kiith wrote: »

Not quite as bad as the Half Life 3 thread getting dug up though I was clicking in hoping for news too :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Kiith wrote: »

That won't be for a long while yet.
    They have finish Borderlands, and GoT, that's going to be another 6 months at the rate they are going.
    Then they are starting work on Minecraft and TWD Season 3.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Read the comics guys, I'm on issue 70 or so now and it's brilliant. :)

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Read the comics guys, I'm on issue 70 or so now and it's brilliant. :)

+1 Are you reading the spin offs in sequence with them ?

if you google how to read fables there's a list of the order to read them in to avoid spoilers.

It's only a few weeks to go now for the final ever issue, the last 20 or so while not terrible are a far cry from the epicness and pace of the story you're at now, a lot of setting up for the end and some strange decisions on it's direction and characters some of which were handled appallingly imo but that said we don't know how it will end so all that could pay off immensely.

I don't know how anyone read them issue to issue all along , driving me nuts waiting for them to come out almost a year since I started them and finished them and had to wait for new ones :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭steve_r

Raced through this and really enjoyed it. I would have liked more implications of choices and more puzzles but the quality of the story made up for that.

Thought there was 6 episodes, had finished the fifth one and came home yesterday looking to get stuck in only to realize it was all over! :(
    Snow and Bigby had an interesting dynamic going on. I felt Snow was just fundamentally bad at her job. She treated Bufkin very poorly and had little sympathy for Toad and Toad Jr. I know Crane had previously been in charge but it seemed like a lot of people in Fabletown were forgotten about and left behind by the people who were supposed to protect them.

I'd have loved to have seen more of Bluebeard and why he burned Crane's stuff. I thought he was going to play a much larger role in things

Looking forward to Season 2! I'll wait for all the episodes to come out. From reading this thread it was frustrating people to wait between episodes, and this is the kind of thing where you need to remember the story.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

+1 Are you reading the spin offs in sequence with them ?

if you google how to read fables there's a list of the order to read them in to avoid spoilers.

It's only a few weeks to go now for the final ever issue, the last 20 or so while not terrible are a far cry from the epicness and pace of the story you're at now, a lot of setting up for the end and some strange decisions on it's direction and characters some of which were handled appallingly imo but that said we don't know how it will end so all that could pay off immensely.

I don't know how anyone read them issue to issue all along , driving me nuts waiting for them to come out almost a year since I started them and finished them and had to wait for new ones :D

I'm on issue 80 or so and loving it, didn't realise they were still being written actually!

What are the spin offs exactly? I have a few graphic novels but hadn't intended on reading them until I'd finished the series out.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I'm on issue 80 or so and loving it, didn't realise they were still being written actually!

What are the spin offs exactly? I have a few graphic novels but hadn't intended on reading them until I'd finished the series out.

Jack of fables , Fairest, and Cinderella are spinoffs. There is also 1001 nights of snowfall which has backstory on many characters, and thats safe to read now and you probably should.

Issue 80 so thats The Dark Ages? Hmmmmm you have possibly the worst part of fables to come next "the great fables cross over" It's crosses over into Jack Of Fables spin off, and serves as the end to an arc in his spinoff, lots hate him but vol.1 - 6 of Jack of Fables is actually quite good. It's not vital to the story going forward really but you should read those before the crossover for the full story. I say worst part but thats probably due to the pace and epicness of the good prince and war and pieces you just read. Imagine those would have taken 2 years to have come out issue by issue :eek:

This is what I went by http://myreadingbooks.blogspot.ie/2013/11/so-you-want-to-read-fables-updated.html

Fairest is a mixed bag, but certainly the 1st 3/4 volumes are pretty good wouldn't bother with the rest. I'd go as far as saying Vol.1-3 are essential as some of that stuff is never mentioned in Fables main issues or not fully explained.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Jack of fables , Fairest, and Cinderella are spinoffs. There is also 1001 nights of snowfall which has backstory on many characters, and thats safe to read now and you probably should.

Issue 80 so thats The Dark Ages? Hmmmmm you have possibly the worst part of fables to come next "the great fables cross over" It's crosses over into Jack Of Fables spin off, and serves as the end to an arc in his spinoff, lots hate him but vol.1 - 6 of Jack of Fables is actually quite good. It's not vital to the story going forward really but you should read those before the crossover for the full story. I say worst part but thats probably due to the pace and epicness of the good prince and war and pieces you just read. Imagine those would have taken 2 years to have come out issue by issue :eek:

This is what I went by http://myreadingbooks.blogspot.ie/2013/11/so-you-want-to-read-fables-updated.html

Fairest is a mixed bag, but certainly the 1st 3/4 volumes are pretty good wouldn't bother with the rest. I'd go as far as saying Vol.1-3 are essential as some of that stuff is never mentioned in Fables main issues or not fully explained.

Thanks for that link. I bought the first three Deluxe Volumes from Amazon but then I read somewhere that some issues are missing from those editions but I couldn't find a definitive answer anywhere.

That's cleared it all up and now I can start buying them again.

Cool I haven't read those, will finish Dark Ages and might switch over to them for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,741 ✭✭✭✭Penn

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2017/07/19/comic-con-2017-the-wolf-among-us-season-2-announced-for-2018

Season 2 of The Wolf Among Us is official. One of Telltale's finest offerings. I've fallen out of love with Telltale games in general (haven't bothered with TWD3), but definitely looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Penn wrote: »
    http://ie.ign.com/articles/2017/07/19/comic-con-2017-the-wolf-among-us-season-2-announced-for-2018

Season 2 of The Wolf Among Us is official. One of Telltale's finest offerings. I've fallen out of love with Telltale games in general (haven't bothered with TWD3), but definitely looking forward to this.

outstanding. loved the first one, and apart from tales from the borderland, its the only telltale series I really enjoyed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Awesome, been waiting a while for it. Same position as Penn, Telltale'd out but hoping this is a return to form.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My favourite telltale game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

About bloody time, only 4 years later, as Telltale went off and milked all the popular franchises instead, leaving fans of easily their best series in the dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Season two has been delayed until 2019

The best thing about the first game was I discovered the comics wished I'd stopped reading after War and Pieces though, it went to hell after that.

Be reluctant to give tell tale more money at this stage even though this was their best game.

Advertisement