Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naul Amateur Photography Group

Options
  • 07-05-2013 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭

Greetings

A friend of mine and myself are in the process of setting up a photography club in the Naul, nothing too serious now but an opportunity for people with an interest in photography to get together and talk/do things/take photographs/go for outings/etc.

Nothing has been set in stone yet, as we don't know if there is much interest, and if there is, what kind of activities the "members" would enjoy. At this point it's a work in progress and we'll see where we'll end up!

We're holding a first meeting next Monday, May 13th at 7PM in the parish hall/community centre/library (the place has many names, depending on who you ask, and I'm not sure which one is the correct one!). Basically, this building here:
    252895.JPG

Anyone is welcome to join us on Monday, but like I said, it's an informal first get-together to check if it's possible to hold regular meetings!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Cool, there will be biccies?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Good luck with this Sarah. Great idea and a beautiful part of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

So, we had our 1st meeting this evening, the full 5 heads turned up, which is not a bad start! Back again in 2 weeks probably, with our first outing around the Naul village full of a happy snapping.

Updates through the FB page - if there is anything interested coming along, do get in touch, it's a nice crowd so far and there might be biscuits next time!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'm glad it went well sNarah and I'm looking forward to seeing photos :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Homer

Missed the last one with work but hope to make the next one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

The next meeting is Mon 27th at 7PM again in the community centre.
    Small charge of €2 to cover the cost for the building.

Meetings will run every 2 weeks on a Monday and after each meeting a challenge is given for the next meeting, to produce an image relating to the challenge.

For the next meeting - Bring along a photograph that tells us a little more about you... Something that reflects your life, your personality, something you care about - anything goes!

Ideally - consider this as a challenge to create a new image within the time set of the following 2 weeks, but if you can't create a new image, an older one will do as well!
    Venue: Naul Community Hall
    Happy snapping!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Homer wrote: »
    Missed the last one with work but hope to make the next one.

Are watch related photos going to be allowed ;)

Advertisement