Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade of motherboard, CPU, RAM

• 07-05-2013 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi guys.

My PC constantly bluescreens. I think it is a RAM issue but my motherboard and CPU are fairly outdated, so if I have to replace the RAM I'm thinking about upgrading the whole lot.

Current spec:

Windows 7 Pro 64bit on a 120GB SSD
    2TB of other HDD space
    Asus P5KPL1600 motherboard
    4x1GB 800MHz DDR2 RAM
    ATI Radeon 5850 1GB GPU
    Corsair HX650W PSU

What I'm looking for:

I'm looking to get a full motherboard/CPU/RAM upgrade for decent amounts of gaming. I only really play mid tier games at the moment but I'd like to be able to just swap out the GPU in a couple of years and still be able to play future games.

My current CPU cooling solution is for a lga775 socket and I don't have the pieces to covert it to anything else so preferably I would like to get another one of these.

Probably no more than 8GB of DDR3 RAM. Am I right in saying that there's no need for any more?

I'm not really concerned about the price. I don't want something that is already out of date but I'd have a limit of say €300-400.

I've been out of the game for a few years so I don't really know what's up any more. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If I've added to little (or too much!) detail to this please let me know.

Russell.

Comments

Advertisement