Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you clip your dogs nails.

• 07-05-2013 11:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭

I clipped one nail wrong a while ago and cut the kwik and it took some time for me to get her to let me to clip them again.

What is the best way to clip them.?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Are they black the whole way through or is there a bit of white at the top?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

Only one black and that is the one I got wrong.:(

This what I was going by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Make sure you're using the right shaped clippers too. A curved edge rather than straight across. The Kwik is so difficult to see on black nails so its a little and often as your diagram says. Invest in a silver nitrate stick to stem any bleeding instantly. Ill try and find links tomorrow as phone posting is too slow.

anniehoo wrote: »
    Make sure you're using the right shaped clippers too. A curved edge rather than straight across. The Kwik is so difficult to see on black nails so its a little and often as your diagram says. Invest in a silver nitrate stick to stem any bleeding instantly. Ill try and find links tomorrow as phone posting is too slow.

That would be helpful because there was a lot of bleeding and the dog panicked after I did.
    She wasn't that bothered bar a yelp but when I checked her toe and was worried she got worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

Dodd wrote: »
    That would be helpful because there was a lot of bleeding and the dog panicked after I did.
    She wasn't that bothered bar a yelp but when I checked her toe and was worried she got worse.

I think my auld fella told me he uses flour to stop the bleeding if he cuts a nail down to the quick. I only have to trim my fellas dew claws as the walking looks after the rest. Can't imagine trying to do all of them. I'd be sure to cause a few yelps!

Advertisement