Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost UCARD

Options
  • 08-05-2013 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi I lost my UCard and I'm just wondering where to go to get a new one? I know I have to pay 30 euro but can this be paid in cash or does it have to be through SIS.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

pizzaa wrote: »
    Hi I lost my UCard and I'm just wondering where to go to get a new one? I know I have to pay 30 euro but can this be paid in cash or does it have to be through SIS.

Yeah, the office is down the corridor behind readers underneath the library. (on the left hand side of readers). There used to be a ucard printing machine in the RDS during exam time. I think they may have had to shelve it though. I'll confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 pizzaa

okay thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

When I got myself a new card, they needed it to be paid through a temporary u-card as they would not take cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 pizzaa

where did you get the temporary ucard?

The person in the Ucard place behind the Readers' cafe gave it to me to top up. If you can pay online in advance then that sounds easier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Oh yeah, that rigmarole was a pain.

No print facility in the RDS unfortunately. Euro dam network is required for the machines, and it can't be brought down to the RDS.

Remember you need it for the exams, there is a 50 fine for not bringing it. Gluck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

Can you still do the reporting it lost or stolen with Donnybrook Garda Station rigmarole?

Apparently so, I've heard of a lot of people doing it this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

Top up your account through SIS by thirty euro, they'll take it off your account that way. It's quicker and less running up and down to the office.

And they forgot to take the thirty off my account in January, so I got a free card AND a nice surprise when I went to buy food using my card.

They didn't forget last week when I had to get another card though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

They should just insert a chip in our necks instead of having to carry a card we'll lose.

Nice project there for Nova UCD

• Advertisement
Advertisement