Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little Miss, Portarlington

Options
  • 08-05-2013 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

I've only been living in Portarlington a few months and I was wondering what the now closed shop 'Little Miss' used to be? Can any Port Boardsies help me out?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

It never opened, it was meant to be a cake and sweet shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Bob Bob

I was really looking forward to that shop opening. Shame it didnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭pamweld

It used to be (for almost a century) a pub called Finlays, it was real old mans pub but was full of character and I loved it, apparently the licence was sold to Aldi and then premises were rented out for a cake shop(Little Miss) that never opened, think it was linked to the pc store in the town that is now closed also so not sure what happened there, now its a hairdressers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

There was two Finlay's in the town ? Or did they move Finlay's as it's still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭pamweld

Calhoun wrote: »
    There was two Finlay's in the town ? Or did they move Finlay's as it's still there.

Yeah the one on bracklone is mick Finlay's and where little miss was was paddy Finlay's ( could be visa versa as I always mixed them up). Not sure if two Finlay's are related

• Advertisement
Advertisement