Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City to Damastown Road

Options
  • 08-05-2013 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

Looking at DublinBus site, seems the 38's go out to Damastown Rd from Suffolk St. Just wondering how long this bus would roughly take? I see the morning buses go via Ballycoolin so would need to take that into consideration.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Try www.a-b.ie making sure you put in the exact locations / date / time. Play around with the settings.

Leaving Suffolk Street at 08:00 you should be at Damastown Road for 08:45-09:00. Check the 38 and the 38b. If heading for the west end (IBM / Helsinn / Yamanouchi) also consider the 70.

http://www.journeyplanner.transportforireland.ie/nta/TTB/EFA03__000057fb_TP.pdf
    http://www.journeyplanner.transportforireland.ie/nta/TTB/EFA03__00005578_TP.pdf
    http://www.journeyplanner.transportforireland.ie/nta/TTB/EFA03__000043c6_TP.pdf

You could get the first bus the comes and change at Navan Road / Blanchardstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I can only really talk about going to IT Blanchardstown, ive never been further.

It depends greatly on the time. In the morning when they are going from start to finish via Ballycoolin, it could take roughly an hour. Without the Ballycoolin and rush hour, it takes about 35-40 mins. The 38a (via Ballycoolin) is faster as it doesnt go through Castleknock. The 38B is probably the best although there are only a couple of them in the morning.

The travel times can fluctuate a lot depending on traffic, more than normal routes. IT Blanchardstown will be closing for the summer too, so that takes a large section of the custom away.

Upstairs on the bus can be a bit rough, not at rush hour though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

The problem with the Navan Road outbound is no bus lane until after Ashtown, and something like 6 schools directly on the road and a handful more just off. It's not that much quieter heading outbound at morning rush hour than it is at evening rush hour. At least an hour I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Turns out it's Ballycoolin Business Park I'm going to, I won't be going on the early bus, it will be the afternoon (I see the 38's don't go via Ballycoolin then), where would I be getting off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Get the 40d from Parnell st. Will drop you.off outside the business park in ballycoolin.

• Advertisement

January wrote: »
    Get the 40d from Parnell st. Will drop you.off outside the business park in ballycoolin.

Any rough idea of how long it would take?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭michael.dublin

what time on the day is it ? i live in that area and last time it took (without to much traffic) 50 min.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

30-40 minutes.

what time on the day is it ? i live in that area and last time it took (without to much traffic) 50 min.

About 1.30pm ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭michael.dublin

About 1.30pm ish.

midday, it should not take you more then 50 min top

• Advertisement
Advertisement