Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Meteor APN on EMobile SIM

Options
  • 08-05-2013 7:47am
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a Galaxy S3 and last night it lost all data connection. I did a reset on the phone and eventually the connection returned. However, when doing a reset the phone changed its APN settings to the meteor settings and not emobile. It still works perfectly.

My query is whether using the meteor APN will affect my data allowance and contract. I am currently on the unlimited contract with 15GB of data allowance. By using the meteor APN will I be charged for using data or will this still come out of my allowance?

I use data a lot and cannot afford to be charged for it so I would appreciate a reply as soon as possible.

If I will be charged could you please provide me with the correct APN and MMS details needed?

Many Thanks,
    XxMCRxBabyxX

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

Hi,

I have a Galaxy S3 and last night it lost all data connection. I did a reset on the phone and eventually the connection returned. However, when doing a reset the phone changed its APN settings to the meteor settings and not emobile. It still works perfectly.

My query is whether using the meteor APN will affect my data allowance and contract. I am currently on the unlimited contract with 15GB of data allowance. By using the meteor APN will I be charged for using data or will this still come out of my allowance?

I use data a lot and cannot afford to be charged for it so I would appreciate a reply as soon as possible.

If I will be charged could you please provide me with the correct APN and MMS details needed?

Many Thanks,
    XxMCRxBabyxX
    Hi XxMCRxBabyxX,

Having these settings on your phone will not make any difference to how you are charged for your data. The data will still be charged out of your allowance.

You can change the internet settings on your phone to the eMobile settings if you wish. You can find the settings on this link here: http://helpandquestions.emobile.ie/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=emdev,Company={8C5A3413-D734-4C47-9016-F9EBD3B87D94},case=920

Grainne

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Hi XxMCRxBabyxX,

Having these settings on your phone will not make any difference to how you are charged for your data. The data will still be charged out of your allowance.

You can change the internet settings on your phone to the eMobile settings if you wish. You can find the settings on this link here: http://helpandquestions.emobile.ie/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=emdev,Company={8C5A3413-D734-4C47-9016-F9EBD3B87D94},case=920

Grainne

Thanks Grainne,

I tried changing the settings but was having problems with the MMS settings. Will keeping the meteor settings cause any issues as I am happy to keep them if not.

Advertisement