Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea v Tottenham - 7:45pm k/o - Sky Sports

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

CSF wrote: »
    This new Sky thing with the names is so annoying. We know who they are!!!

I like it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Chelsea players really look like they want this more , battling for every ball , chasing every lost cause

Kyle Walkers haircut makes it look like he's got a hair net on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

CSF wrote: »
    This new Sky thing with the names is so annoying. We know who they are!!!

Highly annoying analysing them during the game like that, I'm sure Lennons run for the Spurs goal didn't do as much as Neville said it did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Great play from Chelsea there. Well held by Lloris in the end. Woulda been a daisy for Oscar.

Hazard has been absolutely imperious tonight. He's everywhere. Hope he gets a goal. His performance deserves one.

Hopefully there is no second half collapse from Chelsea, as has so often happened this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Chelsea have been very good, credit to Rafa. Nice to have a decent competitive game at the business end of the table, far too many dead rubbers of late with the title wrapped up ages ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Are chelsea fans coming around to rafa yet or are they still in massive denial?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

DazMarz wrote: »
    Great play from Chelsea there. Well held by Lloris in the end. Woulda been a daisy for Oscar.

Hazard has been absolutely imperious tonight. He's everywhere. Hope he gets a goal. His performance deserves one.

Hopefully there is no second half collapse from Chelsea, as has so often happened this season.

Think Torres has been brilliant too , holding up , chasing down , wining most of the aerial battles and the assist for the goal was tasty too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Dean hasn't given spurs 1 decision in the first half..serious home towner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Ah now, he meant for that ball to go exactly where it did.

Maybe you can only get a shot in top corner 1 time out of one hundred but these are professional footballers playing at the top level whether you rate Adebayor highly or not.

He's scored 4 goals in a season.....by doing exactly what he did there. Side footing it from there instead of putting his boot through the ball or passing was the wrong option and it wouldn't have gone in without the bobble. He got lucky.

As I said, they all count and it doesn't matter how you score. But it wasn't a good strike....it was a lucky strike. Without the bobble the ball takes, it doesn't have the elevation to get over Cech. How highly or lowly I rate the player is irrelevant. I'd say the same thing no matter who it was. You can see it in the replay.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Apart from the excellent call to play advantage for their goal, of course...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Really complete performance from Chelsea in that half with the only disruption coming from a great Adebayor goal from out of nowhere. The Ramires/Luiz midfield really does work quite well in an open game like this when there is space to move into, Ramires is a terrific big game player. Azpilicueta has been peerless at right back, top notch so far. Torres has worked his socks off and Oscar and Mata have found space and pressed well.

But the star of this show, once again, has been Eden Hazard. The man is in a completely different league right now, the football he is playing is rarely seen, everything he does is magic.

Hopefully we can maintain the tempo, continue to press, continue to hinder Spurs trying to play out from the back and find a 2 goal lead. So far so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Spurs have been rubbish, nothing to do with Dean.

Think Torres has been brilliant too , holding up , chasing down , wining most of the aerial battles and the assist for the goal was tasty too

Yep, he's been excellent so far. Even without the mask. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Kirby wrote: »
    To be honest, 99 times out of a hundred that side foot trickles tamely towards Cech and he gets criticized for wasting the chance. The bobble the ball takes before he strikes it gives it the elevation.

It was a lucky strike to be frank. They all count of course.

Completely disagree.

And there was no bobble of note looking at the replays.

Really complete performance from Chelsea in that half with the only disruption coming from a great Adebayor goal from out of nowhere. The Ramires/Luiz midfield really does work quite well in an open game like this when there is space to move into, Ramires is a terrific big game player. Azpilicueta has been peerless at right back, top notch so far. Torres has worked his socks off and Oscar and Mata have found space and pressed well.

But the star of this show, once again, has been Eden Hazard. The man is in a completely different league right now, the football he is playing is rarely seen, everything he does is magic.

Hopefully we can maintain the tempo, continue to press, continue to hinder Spurs trying to play out from the back and find a 2 goal lead. So far so good.

Apologies for interupting your Hazard jizzfest but he's prob been the quietest of the front four.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Apologies for interupting your Hazard jizzfest but he's prob been the quietest of the front four.

Ridiculous. Has alleviated pressure countless times by getting on the ball in his own half, turning and beating a player. Has constantly picked out the right option in the other half of the pitch. Has looked always to make things happen, has been a non-stop bother to Spurs, the spark Chelsea lacked on Sunday and has worked hard too.

Believe me, it would take a lot more than you to interrupt my Hazard jizzfest, this guy is the talisman of a side with an incredible amount of potential.

Much as it pains me to agree with Andersonisgod, Hazard has actually been brilliant for his workrate, if nothing else. He's been absolutely brilliant. He's attacking, looks a threat, gave Dawson a concussion, tracking back defending too. He's been excellent.

Lol you guys watch far too much Sky, he's been decent.

• Advertisement

Actually watching it online and in a language I don't understand... :P :(

Think it's Arabic or something... :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Chelsea have completely nullified Bale so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Except when he comes to the Emirates. Little skinny s***.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Dawson having a mare

No excuse that should be three

Ahhhhhh, Hazard. First wrong decision tonight. Two waiting in the centre. You have to drill that across for them to tap in. Ugh.

Chelsea hammering at them. Don't know if the pace will last tho.

• Advertisement

Do spurs not want champions league or something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Getting sloppy..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

God damn ramires, did he just face plant himself?

Slick as fúck from Hazard, beauty... Mata with the run... Ramires with the slip... Ugh.

Ramires got a good wallop off the deck there. Hope he's ok.

He just kabonged his head off the turf. Ouch.

• Advertisement

How we are not at least in the lead by 3 goals is beyond me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

How we are not at least in the lead by 3 goals is beyond me

Some of your play has been class. Really nice to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Nice dive

FFS Remires. What a time to slip.

Sam Wallace ‏@SamWallaceIndy 1m
    David Luiz brazenly eavesdropping AVB's touchline conversation with Lewis Holtby. Character

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Bit of a dive there, why not play on :confused:
    He had Oscar turned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

i hate streams i hate streams i hate streams i hate streams i hate streams i hate streams i hate streams i hate streams i hate streams i hate streams i hate streams i hate streams i hate streams i hate streams i hate streams i hate streams i hate streams

I'm still worried that this lack of finishing could cost Chelsea. Plenty of chances and not taking them. I hope Chelsea don't rue these missed chances.

And is there a fúcking oil slick on the pitch at the Matthew Harding End??!?!?!?!?!? Nobody can stay on their feet up there at the moment it seems!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Dancing on Ice: Chelsea special

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Getting sloppy..

Getting slippy too :D

• Advertisement

Jasus , who watered the pitch so much , its like ice out there tonight , slipping all over the shop !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Those breakdancing classes nearly paid off for Oscar a minute ago.

Dancing on Ice: Chelsea special

And the winner is :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

anyone else here AVB say "bale give it to bale" on that counter attack :)

Changes for the Spuds now.
    It's die dog or shyte the licence time now.

AVB is making his move what will Rafa do ?

Luiz going over for listen again to see what the tactics are , fella is nuts

Sam Wallace ‏@SamWallaceIndy 1m
    David Luiz brazenly eavesdropping AVB's touchline conversation with Lewis Holtby. Character

Just done it again there.

Has holtby done much since signing for spurs?

nuxxx wrote: »
    anyone else here AVB say "bale give it to bale" on that counter attack :)

On every attack.

Moses On... Who coming off??? Oscar is my bet. He better not take Hazard off...

• Advertisement

Oh wow , not sure about this change

Hazzard not impressed , straight down the tunnel

Advertisement