Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike under Warranty . Slow repair

Options
  • 08-05-2013 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

Hi ,

I purchased a bike in January 2012 for approx €600 for commuting . In March 2013 it developed a fault with the Headset (steering) and I dropped it in for repair to the retailer where I purchased it. They said it wasnt covered by warranty and they could source a non-original part which should sort the problem, but I did my own research and discovered it was covered by the manufacturers warranty. I got contact details from the manufacturer and passed them to the cycle shop . The manufacturer asked to see pictures of the damaged part to ensure the damage was not down to misuse etc (cycle shop did this)... and were satisfied it wasnt and agreed to send an original part to sort the problem. This all took approx 3 weeks. The part is being sent from China , im guessing by slow post. Yesterday it was 7 weeks since I dropped the bike in and while im obviously getting very annoyed at this stage , Im unsure of how to resolve this or where to vent my anger as I cant see what else can be done. What are my options ?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A part from China can take ages. I recently ordered an item ex China - small enough for a jiffy bag through the letterbox. It took 9 weeks from despatch by China Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

A part from China can take ages. I recently ordered an item ex China - small enough for a jiffy bag through the letterbox. It took 9 weeks from despatch by China Post.

Yet on the flip side, I got a small jiffy bag from Hong Kong (size of a DVD pretty much), through An Post, in about 4 days. :P

Advertisement