Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Park and walk locations in Limerick city

• 08-05-2013 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I am looking for locations to park my car and walk into the city center to work I am working in the center and i had previously parked out by the school at punches cross ( Free parking as not double yellow lines) and i walked into work. But recently they are starting a bus corridor on the parking areas and the location is gone. Can anyone recommend any other locations in the city where a park and walk system is available.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Ennis road from the maternity outbound.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭stodwyer

Thanks. Is there any locations on the southern side of the city? as i will be travelling in from Ballyneety area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Roxoborough road by the railings down from the church.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

How about the City East Plaza on the Ballysimon road?

http://goo.gl/maps/hyXZH

Not sure if there are parking restrictions there, but there is tons of parking.

• Advertisement

Thanks Mr E. Bit too far of a walk. Im working in Henry Street!! Not the garda station :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Lots of people use the Roxboro Shopping Centre and walk in or take the 303.

Few options:

Ballinacurra Gardens/Oakview Drive. Used to see people park and walk from here a lot when I was living there.

Back car park of Punches hotel. The place is no longer in use but safety could be an issue.

Alandale.

Would the crescent shopping centre be too much of a hike?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭luckyboy

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Ennis road from the maternity outbound.

That's right. Spaces fill up fairly rapidly though, so make sure you get there early ...

Cheers lads. How much is the 303 into the city center?

• Advertisement

I am usually in the city for 745am. The students at mary I have some small non double line zones used and hopefully when the summer arrives these will come free.

The 303 is €1.80 and leaves from Aldi on Childers Road every 30 minutes on the hour/half hour mark.

Mary I students will be finished next week!

that 2 way as in return?

Single fare.

You'd walk from Roxboro Shopping Centre to the city centre in 25 minutes though so the bus isn't necessary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

shaaane wrote: »
    Few options:

Ballinacurra Gardens/Oakview Drive. Used to see people park and walk from here a lot when I was living there.

Back car park of Punches hotel. The place is no longer in use but safety could be an issue.

Alandale.

Would the crescent shopping centre be too much of a hike?

Punches is private property and could lead to a car being clamped or towed away.

The Crescent Shopping centre also report cars that use their car park on a regular basis in the manner the OP wishes to.

BCG defo does not have many people leaving their cars there whilst they go to work in town anymore. A mixture of some cars being twigged by passing scum, and also the fact that one or two cars used in high profile crimes being parked in the estate before use in the crime has seen a lot of the neighbourhood watch folk reporting strange cars that get left in the area.

Alandale I have no idea about in terms of being able to leave a car there for long periods.

OP, just be aware of the fact that if you use the carpark of a business/shopping centre that there will be the risk of your car being clamped/reported if you are seen to be taking the space of a paying customer for 8 hours a day on a regular basis.

The same could happen in private housing estates if your car stands out as a non local car being parked there for hours at a time on a daily basis.

You could get lucky and park like that for month and months with no hassle, or you could be unlucky and get caught badly once and end up shelling out more than what a car park in town would have cost you.

Advertisement