Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature student from Fas course.

Options
  • 08-05-2013 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭

I have been on a fas course for last 18 months doing fetac level 3. I have now applied to return to uni as a mature student. I am hoping to do the access year at Limerick. However I am not so sure about the btea allowance. I only have around 6 weeks stamps left , so if I go back on payments these will run out in July. I will then not be receiving a payment when I apply for btea.
    Any assistance would be appreciated.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

shawnee wrote: »
    I have been on a fas course for last 18 months doing fetac level 3. I have now applied to return to uni as a mature student. I am hoping to do the access year at Limerick. However I am not so sure about the btea allowance. I only have around 6 weeks stamps left , so if I go back on payments these will run out in July. I will then not be receiving a payment when I apply for btea.
    Any assistance would be appreciated.:confused:

Will you be eligible for Jobseekers Allowance do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

paperclip2 wrote: »
    Will you be eligible for Jobseekers Allowance do you think?
    No will not be eligible for job seekers allowance due to other income in houselhold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

The only thing I can think of would be if you were eligible for an Illness payment or something like a CE scheme to bring you up to September. Are there any other FAS courses you could take during the Summer to keep you going?

Advertisement