Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting & Transport- Is it more fore the regulars at the expense of visitors?

Options
  • 08-05-2013 9:00am

I logged out and took a look in Commuting & Transport for the 1st time in what must be years (was permabanned from there since before the downturn I think), and I find the same fights still going on. With the same posters. Arguing about the same subject. And the moderation of the place up for open discussion in ways that would (rightly) get shut down immediately on other forae.

I look in and see a post about someone looking for a place to stop off halfway during a long journey.

No replies.

I see a thread regarding the moderation of the forum, in which a moderator lays down what's in the charter already, but has to be spelled out for people.

50 odd replies in two days. Some of the more recent ones openly asking the mod to leave.

Seriously guys? Can the Reset button get pushed on C & T? Get these "regulars" to sit the F down, obey the Fing mods and shut the F up?

I think the softly softly approach has failed, and there's a part if B.ie that's become a "Local shop for Local people only". It's time to enforce Boards.ie rules, adopt a more open attitude to newcomers, treat the old arguments with prejudice against them.

I want to see the kind of community that'd post in the first thread, and the kind of community that'd keep the second thread alive kicked out for troublemaking.

But then again, I'm banned myself, so why listen to me?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

SeaSlacker wrote: »
    ILocal shop for Local people only"

I don't see that. There's an element of people more than happy to start sniping at each other. Mods appear to recognise this as something that can put off additional posters from becoming regular in that forum and want to cut it out.

There's no reason not to listen to you, they're saying the same thing for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

From Feedback charter:
    Users under a ban from a forum
    Users currently serving a ban from a forum with a duration over 1 month are not allowed to post on feedback threads concerning that forum. Once the ban is lifted or the term has ended, then the user is more than welcome to participate. This is to stem a growing trend of banned users hijacking threads to either appeal a ban or take the opoprtunity to make life more difficult for the mod or mods that imposed the ban in the first place. Any post reported, if posted after this amendment to the charter and during a ban period will be investigated. Any user found breaking this rule will have a ban from feedback imposed on them, without warning, that will only be lifted when their original forum ban has expired or has been lifted. To appeal a ban, please use the Dispute Resolution forum and follow the Dispute resolution procedure. If you wish to complain outside of that process, please feel free to do so on any of the other forums hosted outside of the boards.ie/adverts.ie servers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement