Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

i phone 5 no insurance

• 08-05-2013 10:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭

Just a query if anyone could give me advice..

About three weeks ago my iphone started losing its reception all the time..I have no insurance on the phone..I went into the 3 store about this problem yesterday.. I was told that as my screen had a tiny crack which i hadnt even noticed I would have to pay for a full repair. I questioned whether this would have caused the loss in reception..The answer I received was that it did not matter this tiny crack meant I would have to pay for any repair..

Does this sound right? If they could prove that the crack caused the problem fair enough but the man said this made no difference?

Thanks for any opinions!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Call Apple in Cork and let them book it in for repair, let them be the judge of whether it's damaged or not. Do not let anyone besides apple near your phone.

http://www.apple.com/ie/support/iphone/contact/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Drunkmonkey is right, get it fixed by apple. You can arrange a pickup/repair online (for €29 they'll even send you a new one before you send yours back, but if it isn't a warranty repair they may charge you afterwards). Best chance with apple though, they're generally in the business of keeping their customers happy (so you'll buy more stuff of them) and the phone fixers the phone shops use are in the business of making money and will use any excuse to charge you for a repair.... Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭wush06

Out of interest how did the screen crack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭jibber5000

I actually dont know how screen cracked never even noticed it..

Rang apple as per advice here and the man told me they could fix it but itd cost 250 with them as well at least..So i went back to the repair store and was told it should be covered under their warranty(which in fairness he didnt have to say) and I should try them again..
    Rang them back and was told to sent it on to them..Good news is they have sent me a replacement phone which saved me the guts of 250 euro. Thanks for the advice on here!

Advertisement