Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horrible Customer Service Powercity

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

scottpr1 wrote: »
    lol Cabaal...

"perhaps though this could also be down to you picking a product not suitable for the use you intended"

Its a hoover :) you pull it around your house and suck up dirt !! Seriously ;)

What i am saying is, the build of the hover seemed...very cheap to me.... And this was shown quite evidently when the house broke after 2 months. Have a look at the dyson / VAX...the difference in build quality is huge...and yes i know dyson aint cheap :)

Not to get technical, but its a VAX you bought...not a hoover....they are very different brands. ;)

Well you may say you just pull it around a house, but really it depends on the volume of dog hair your trying to clean up. I made the comment because without knowing exactly what you used it for it "might" be a factor. :)

Just an example, I could buy a vacuum cleaner in the morning and use it to clean up all the builders dust and large amounts of sawdust a new house I just moved into, all the builders dust would likely seriously affect it...it wouldn't be the fault of the cleaner it would be mine for buying a product not suitable for the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭scottpr1

Sorry yes you are correct...i am just used to saying hoover....ie JEEP ;)

its a 3 bed semi with a dog lol...not a building site but i see where you are coming from...also i mentioned this before, this was not a 50 quid vacuum from Argos, it was one of VAX's most expensive PET vacuum's !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

With my experience of the SCC, I dont hold much hope if you give the same information you have here.

I gave up on the NCA along time ago, but it may help explain why you took the case if you can get the person view in writing, but I'd be shocked if they give it to you!

Have you gone and bought your Dyson?

Have you written to PC asking for your refund and asking for a final response?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

so someone from the NCA told you over the PHONE that your vax vacumn has a major fault and you are ENTITLED to a refun.

Sorry - BS.

Reading the thread you are twisting it in every such way to try and get the answer you want.

Powercity are entitled to sedn the vacumn back to vax to have it inspected to see what the fault is.

If its simple to repair and the repair is permanent and the item can do the job it was designed to do - that's what you will get.

If the repair is uneconomical and the fault is not something that is inherent in the product, then Power city can give you a replacement.

If they don't have a replacement, then you are ENTITLED to a refund. But up until that stage there is no entitlement whatsoever.

BTW - Small claims court or ANY court is there as a last resort. Go running to it after the store offered a REASONABLE solution and you lose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Just as a matter of interest, how was the salesperson rude?

A lot of people mistake not getting the answer they want or getting their own way as being treated rudely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

As someone (previously) on the other side, I can confirm this. Not saying it was/wasn't so in this case, but generally when ever you don't give in to the customers opinion you're rude. It can be very frustrating. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Sounds like OP got a VAX, which is way cheaper than Dyson and wasn't really happy after the cheaper purchase. When it broke from daily use after 2 months, it was a perfect excuse to get a refund and upgrade to a Dyson.

OP, did you ask to upgrade to a Dyson, offering to cover the extra cost? I would imagine most retailers would jump at the opportunity to upsell. I did it a few years ago at Halfords, with a Garmin satnav. After 3 faulty unit replacements, I demanded to upgrade. It took a letter to the manager, but they upgraded me and I covered the additional cost for the more expensive unit, which never gave me a problem.

Going in, demanding a refund is no use and gets you nowhere in a place like Powercity, who are well used to customers screaming at them.

My advice:

Apologise for your "slight" over reaction at their remedy suggestion.
    Have a descending list of remedies you are ready to accept, going through them until (hopefully) they accept one.
    If that goes well, you will be on your way home with your brand new Dyson.

Advertisement