Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

KFC chips €1

• 08-05-2013 11:29am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭

You need to buy The Sun for €1, cut out the coupon for free KFC fries and go to the eatery
    The chips are normally €1.79

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

This some kind of joke? Their chips are wrote off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I've never had KFC. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭NobodyImportant

I quite like KFC chips, especially with their beans or gravy, but i wouldnt buy the sun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Is the voucher only valid today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I quite like KFC chips
    The chips changed recently, there was a thread a week or so ago with some other deal promoting them.

Googled KFC & the sun and found bad press.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4876559/Kidneys-found-in-six-meals-from-KFC.html
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4729393/Finger-Lickin-Bad.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

My stomach literally lurches every time I pass the local one with the fishy smell of what seems to be oxidised soya oil the only thing I ever bought there was a coffee and even that was rank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

found a weird organ in my meal a few weeks ago at the little island cork KFC. NEVER again will i eat from KFC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

So your spending €1 on a ****e paper and €1 on chips when you could just buy the chips for €1.79?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Carroller wrote: »
    So your spending €1 on a ****e paper and €1 on chips when you could just buy the chips for €1.79?

no its 1e for the paper that has a voucher for FREE chips

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Carroller wrote: »

use the paper to wipe your ass :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

The thought of sitting in a KFC, eating their awful chips and reading the sun makes me die a little inside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

use the paper to wipe your ass :D

My arse is too good for it.

I'd rather spend 50 euro for the bag chips than buy that rag of a paper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I've never been in KFC but I hate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

found a weird organ in my meal a few weeks ago at the little island cork KFC. NEVER again will i eat from KFC

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I nearly ate in Galway last week. I opened my chicken burger upside down and there, highlighted by a rare burst of sunshine, were green mouldy spots all over the bottom of the bun.

And the chips were cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

To be honest... that sounds like a lot of work just to get a €1 worth of free fries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

To be honest... that sounds like a lot of work just to get a €1 worth of free fries

79cent worth. You have to buy the Sun for €1 also.

KFC were offering a free piece of Chicken yesterday.. :eek:

When i first saw it, I wasn't paying attention, and thought it was free chicken.

But a free piece? :eek:

I've never been, that I can remember, possibly on a boozy night, but i don't think so.
    But aren't KFC chicken pieces the size of a thumb? Or is that only in the buckets on the ad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JOSman

Have to serve the worst chips in the world. That's not exaggerating.

A free piece of chicken... that is so strange.... tomorrow they should maybe give out a free piece of cheese or something like that... by the way here is a good prank http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB-sxHwW2vA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭VonLuck

kneemos wrote: »
    I've never been in KFC but I hate it.

How can you hate something that you've never experienced?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

VonLuck wrote: »

Dunno,even the look of it turns my stomach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Ignoring the KFC hate here, the treatment of their chickens and how bad it is for you, KFC chicken is delicious, especially the skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Agree with most here, I find KFC chips miserable dry and starchy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

lol BA is getting worse and worse

bazwaldo wrote: »
    Ignoring the KFC hate here, the treatment of their chickens and how bad it is for you, KFC chicken is delicious, especially the skin.

Actually KFC always source their chicken locally.. so their treatment towards the chicken is always the same as any other chicken we get in the supermarket :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

kneemos wrote: »
    Dunno,even the look of it turns my stomach.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/07/ibrahim-langoo-brain-kidney-kfc_n_2425917.html

Not a hope will I go in there now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

Actually KFC always source their chicken locally.. so their treatment towards the chicken is always the same as any other chicken we get in the supermarket :)

I somehow don't believe this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

VonLuck wrote: »
    I presumed he was taking the piss out of all the usual negative posts by people, mainly contributing absolutely nothing, if they offered an alternative or something then fine, but none have. Like a thread on "beats" headphones will attract negative comments, but at least usually alternatives are recommended which are a better bargain.

Dunno why people waste their time clicking on threads that they have absolutely no interest in, or nothing useful to add.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Raoul

lol BA is getting worse and worse

Do you mean the amount of threads ruined by people coming in to give out and say why they don't like the things?

If you don't like the bargain alert why not just skip coming into the thread. I go on the football forum and I don't just go into every teams thread and say "I don't like Manchester United" for example instead I go into the threads I am actually interested in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

rubadub wrote: »
    I presumed he was taking the piss out of all the usual negative posts by people, mainly contributing absolutely nothing, if they offered an alternative or something then fine, but none have. Like a thread on "beats" headphones will attract negative comments, but at least usually alternatives are recommended which are a better bargain.

Dunno why people waste their time clicking on threads that they have absolutely no interest in, or nothing useful to add.

I think it's useful for people to give negative reviews on something, helps inform prospective buyers.

Oh, and as for an alternative, spend the extra money and get decent chips from a chipper, or even just go hungry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Raoul wrote: »
    Do you mean the amount of threads ruined by people coming in to give out and say why they don't like the things?

If you don't like the bargain alert why not just skip coming into the thread. I go on the football forum and I don't just go into every teams thread and say "I don't like Manchester United" for example instead I go into the threads I am actually interested in.

The bargain its self is not bad. Its what you have to do to get that bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Locked on request of OP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement