Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Efibre questions

Options
  • 08-05-2013 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭

So I have had a call from an eircom rep saying that I canupgrade to fibre broadband but I am still left with a number of questions.

I am currently on 8mb NGB but because of the line and theUp To clause I max out at 3.5 which is less than half of the max. When I enquired about the fibre speed I was just told Up To 70 but they could not guaranteeany minimum or tell me what speeds I would actually receive, and the only way I would find out is when the technician came to do the install.

Is there any way you can tell me what speeds I am likelyto receive before I sign a contract?

I can’t seem to find the fibre prices on your website,where can I find them?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭LFCFan

Your speed will be determined by how far from your local Cabinet you are. vDSL (tech being used for eFibre) works best up to 1KM from a cabinet and the closer you are the closer you will get to the Max speed. Some more details here

http://www.eircom.ie/efibre - No prices yet but up to 50mbits will be a free upgrade for existing customers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi,

In relation to Fibre I’m afraid we have no accurate information until after the launch date 20th of May, we can then give you prices etc.
    We can never guarantee speeds on any broadband service so Fibre will be 'up to' speeds also, however we will be able to tell you the 'up to' speed before ordering it

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement