Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for clear washable floor mats

• 08-05-2013 11:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭

I've adopted an elderly dog who i've been fostering since xmas. Unfortunately she has a couple of medical conditions that cause her to drink and pee A LOT.:o

My poor mop is working overtime and i've got solid wood floors, so i'm looking for some clear washable floor mats, long ones (~6ft) to put down around the place. Any ideas where i could get some?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Try Amazon. I think they do them.

EDIT: Found this as well which might do the trick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Would you consider training her to use a nappy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Try Amazon. I think they do them.

EDIT: Found this as well which might do the trick!

It looks perfect but too expensive for my poor bank account this month. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

kylith wrote: »
    Would you consider training her to use a nappy?

She's absolutely tiny (2.6kg) and i was thinking of going the nappy route alright as she pees soooo much (15-20 times+ a day), but she's elderly 13+ and i just dont know if she'd handle it that well tbh. Any tips?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I've never had to use one on the dogs myself, touch wood, so I'm afraid I can't offer any practical advice with the nappies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Something like this maybe?

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=vinyl+carpet+protectors&authToken=

They're carpet protectors really. People use them in hallways etc. to prevent carpets getting dirty from peoples' shoes, but it looks like it might do. You might need more than one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well Kolon are more square but also noticeably cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

I am not really sure if this would be suitable...

The only thing I can think of are plastic shower/bath mats. I use them as I have wooden floors in my bathroom.

I have got cheap ones before in woodies and lidl/aldi. But they will have some sort of grip on them - which might not suit.

Like this:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=clear+shower+mat&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aclear+shower+mat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 297 ✭✭MaryK666

Good on you for giving her a chance.
    Has she been tested for diabetes? That might be the cause of the constant peeing.

Would she go on puppy pads? They might be a bit expensive to put down all over the house but if you could get her used to the idea of just going on the pads, it might be an option.

Advertisement