If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5.1 or 7.1 for ps3 and tv

Options
  • 08-05-2013 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

hi guys a friend sent me here, im looking for 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound for my sitting room mainly to play games and watch movies on my ps3 and watch tv. not sure how much im willing to spend or how much i would need to to get a good one as im not very techy. thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

seanand wrote: »
    hi guys a friend sent me here, im looking for 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound for my sitting room mainly to play games and watch movies on my ps3 and watch tv. not sure how much im willing to spend or how much i would need to to get a good one as im not very techy. thanks
    Seanand,

Phew, what a question..... really without having a guide budget it's a really difficult query..

If you want a system that is a good starter system, that sounds good but is reasonable value - I'd recommend the Pioneer HTP-071

http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/pioneer/htp071/pion-htp071

This retails at £249.95 / €299.99 and offers a good AV receiver with a complete 5.1 speaker setup included

showimage.php?image=309145.jpg&max_width=555&max_height=555
    We would include free delivery with this price for Boardies - give us a shout if this is the rough sort of thing that you are looking for - or if we need to get the thinking caps and sharp pencils out and do a new search for you?

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Seanand,

Thanks for getting in touch :)

I've got plenty of options for you.  I'll start with something fairly basic.  We have a Pioneer HTP071 5.1 pack.  This consists of a fairly basic Pioneer amp and a Pioneer 5.1 pack.  It has 4 HDMI inputs and 1 out, 100W per channel and decodes DTS HD audio.  

Current price on this is £249.95.  Check the link below for more info:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/pioneer/htp071/pion-htp071

Now for something better without going into silly money.  The Yamaha RXV 673 paired with the Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 pack.  This is a great set up!  Both amp and speakers have been getting blinding reviews from when they first came out.   Check the links below for more info:

673:
    http://www.whathifi.com/review/yamaha-rx-v673

Vector 5.1:
    http://www.whathifi.com/review/monitor-audio-vector-av10 

The total for this system would be £728.95.  Couldn't fault this set up at all.  Well worth a look :)

Let me know what you think of the above systems.  If you fancy something even more fancy just let me know and I'll come back with something that'll blow your mind.

Chris

Just seen John has already replied.  Been typing that post up for about the past hour with customers in and out of the shop haha.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

Thanks for the quick response, and sorry i didnt give more details im not sure exactly to say ha. ya thats the sort of thing im looking for(price wise good too but could spend a small bit more if needs be) but as im playing my movies on the ps3 the dvd player on that would be a waste for the system i want. 

from what i understand from reading is i need a subwoofer, 5 speakers and an av reciever, tho i could be wrong also dont know what are good ones and dont want to throw money and then find out i bought the wrong things.

also does the free delivery count for republic of ireland delivery

Thanks for the quick response, and sorry i didnt give more details im not sure exactly to say ha. ya thats the sort of thing im looking for(price wise good too but could spend a small bit more if needs be) but as im playing my movies on the ps3 the dvd player on that would be a waste for the system i want. 

from what i understand from reading is i need a subwoofer, 5 speakers and an av reciever, tho i could be wrong also dont know what are good ones and dont want to throw money and then find out i bought the wrong things.

think i may have misread the link john sent and also thanks kenny ill have a look

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

think i may have misread the link john sent and also thanks kenny ill have a look
    Yep that free delivery would include the ROI no problem - and to be fair to the Pioneer system - it really is excellent for the money and unless you were going to spend a good bit more you won't go wrong with it!

Keep us posted,

ATVB,
    John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi Seanand,

Pioneer gives you everything you need.  AV amp and full 5.1 pack.  All you'll need is speaker cable, sub link and interconnects then you're all good to go :)

Nice all round system for movie and music playback also.  Speakers included are decent enough but if you wanted to upgrade them in future you can.  

Free delivery covers any where in ROI :)

Got them in stock and ready to go if you're interested.

Chris

Hi im back im going to go for that after some looking around, do I need any cables for that aswell? Do I pm ye to arrange the free delivery?

Also by any chance go ye sell Phillips tv remotes? I have a universal one but won't let me chance the channel arrangement

Hi im back im going to go for that after some looking around, do I need any cables for that aswell? Do I pm ye to arrange the free delivery?

Also by any chance go ye sell Phillips tv remotes? I have a universal one but won't let me chance the channel arrangement
    Hi Seanand.

We normally don't stock replacement Philips TV remote unfortunately.

You would need speaker cable which starts at 99p per meter and a sublink which I could do a 3m for £10. How amny meters of speaker cable would you require?
    Also do you require any HDMI leads for connecting your sources to the Amp or the amp to the TV?

If you PM a contact number I can give you a shout :) or you can get us on 0044 333 900 70

ok so what im looking at doing is the pioneer htp-071, 27ms speaker cable, sublink, 2 hdmi cables, speaker stands for the back two(these look grand if they fit nothing fancy needed) and wall bracket for 32inch tv flat to the wall. how much for all that in euros please

• Advertisement

Hi Seanand.

Thanks for the order.
    It will be shipped Tuesday as Monday is a Bank holiday here and be down with you Wednesday.

Have a good weekend.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.