Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accessible Wardrobes

Options
  • 08-05-2013 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

Has anyone had any experience with installing accessible wardrobes into their bedroom??

I just googled Sliderobes and they seem to have nice stuff? Can anybody recommend any other companies?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Hi

Has anyone had any experience with installing accessible wardrobes into their bedroom??

I just googled Sliderobes and they seem to have nice stuff? Can anybody recommend any other companies?

Thanks

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 panjero

I can send you a pm of a company in north county dublin.
    had work done by them.A telephone call to them would do no harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

We have wardrobes with pull down upper rails. It's not for accessibility reasons but I'm seen them advertised as accessible as disability friendly. They are great but you'd want to be quite strong to push the rail of clothes up after you've finished with it. I wouldn't be the strongest myself and I find it a bit heavy.If you're going for something like that maybe see if you could get a go of using such a rail before you buy, preferably in a house where there are clothes/weight on it.

panjero wrote: »
    I can send you a pm of a company in north county dublin.
    had work done by them.A telephone call to them would do no harm.

Thanks.

We have wardrobes with pull down upper rails. It's not for accessibility reasons but I'm seen them advertised as accessible as disability friendly. They are great but you'd want to be quite strong to push the rail of clothes up after you've finished with it. I wouldn't be the strongest myself and I find it a bit heavy.If you're going for something like that maybe see if you could get a go of using such a rail before you buy, preferably in a house where there are clothes/weight on it.

My brother got them fitted in his house - again not for disability access reasons, but I had a look at them and I think they would suit me?

• Advertisement
Advertisement