Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

loan needed

Options
  • 08-05-2013 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi boarders!

this is my first post thanks a lot in advance for reading and trying to help!

i m arrived from abroad after a difficult situation...the company i was working for did not pay me i don t have a single euro.

i found a very good job also very well paid that i start next week. i don t want to tell my employer the situation i m in.

i already have a permanent tsb bank account, do you think they could help with a personal loan to help me get back on my feet, i d typically need to rent a flat, eat everyday and go to work until my first pay.

Please let me know if anyone of you managed to have support from the bank.

thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

To be honest, it is very unlikely that they will as you have no credit record in this country. Like any lender, ptsb would need to establish your dependability, your income and history before giving money out.

Do you have access to funds from home? Or (as much as I wouldn't normally recommend it) a credit card?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 newcomerfr

hi Buffy

thanks for your reply.

no i don t i have access to funds from home...seems like i m pretty stuck now.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Chessala

I've been in a similar position to what you find yourself in right now. While it wasn't easy back then I did take a heart and spoke to my new employer's HR department and in the end was happy I did. While of course they didn't pay my rent or anything they did help me out with some money to eat and live that I paid them back as soon as I had my first wage.

Take a heart and talk to them. They just hired you and hope that you will be of value to the company. I'm sure that they will help out if possible.

If they can't, talk to friends and family to see if they can help you out. There are several charity organisations that you can talk to as well. like St. Vincent De Paul that could help you out.

Best of luck to you!

Advertisement