Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EBS/top-up mortgage question

Options
  • 08-05-2013 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

have mortgage out since 2006 it was for 40000 taken out with ebs my mother is the main name on it never missed a payment was thinking about getting a top up on it but they said i cant because my mother turns 65 in december so they will not allow it is this right even though i never missed a payment and i am only 38 my self

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

have mortgage out since 2006 it was for 40000 taken out with ebs my mother is the main name on it never missed a payment was thinking about getting a top up on it but they said i cant because my mother turns 65 in december so they will not allow it is this right even though i never missed a payment and i am only 38 my self

If you qualify in your own right for the amount o/s & the top up you can have your mother removed from the mortgage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

killers1 wrote: »
    If you qualify in your own right for the amount o/s & the top up you can have your mother removed from the mortgage.

This would require a completely new mortgage agreement to be take to clear the old one. Also in your previous posts you say you have missed payments, although they didnt go over 30 days overdue so wont affect your ICB score they are still missed as are passed the agreed payment time.

Also if any negative equity there then just forget about it now as wont happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Alan152

Also be sure to alter your life cover accordingly if you are increasing the mortgage amount, just in case there is not sufficient cover in place to meet the loan amount.

Advertisement