Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

frozen chicken?

• 08-05-2013 12:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

Hi everybody.
    Jago diet is kibbles from JamesWellbeloved, but I give him raw bones from the butcher.
    now, I have few half chicken frozen...
    Can I give him that?
    Should wait it's not freezed anymore? :P
    Should I remove small bones or will he chew?
    Thaaanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Let the chicken defrost first then give it to him.

Yes you can give bones and all. Just make sure its raw, and not cooked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

If it's raw, give it to him bones and all. Defrosted chicken will last approximately 15 seconds. :) I've never fed my two frozen chicken, but I know other people do. It'd probably make a lovely long lasting treat on a warm day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

I feed both mine frozen or defrosted chicken wings/legs/thighs all the time now.
    When I get it I mince lots up too bones and all and then I freeze them in roughly 1kg bags and then over the week the dogs get them.

I have recently put in a lot of veg with the chicken, brocolli/carrots and whatever is handy and around the kitchen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Not all dogs respond well to frozen chicken!!

Thought I'd give my girl one on a hot day so she could enjoy it and cool down. She enjoyed it alright, but what came out the other end was Niagara Falls :eek:

Showed no sign of sickness or anything, but when she went, well :rolleyes:, never again :rolleyes:.

Defrosted only from now on :pac:!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jsabina

I gave him frozen... experiment... as I've read about frozen bones or treats etc..
    Well he enjoyed a lot... until now no sickness or niagara... let's see :S

(with my first dog I could never give him raw meat or meat from the butcher without him beeing sick...)

• Advertisement
Advertisement