Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engagement Rings in Antwerp/Amsetrdam

• 08-05-2013 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi Guys,

Looking to get a good deal on an engagement ring and am willing to travel. Could anyone please point me in the right direction?

Much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Theres more you can find in the Weddings section
    -> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=670

As for where, Id advise taking a look in Diamondland, but going to one of the other names there. Things Ive heard is ONLY deal with the certified guys, do your research before you go, and dont deal with anyone that isnt on your list, or youll be buying cubic zirconia for diamond prices.

In terms of rip off ireland... yeah, diamonds here are stupidly more than anywhere else. In fact, I know for a fact that the irish Tiffany and Co store is the most expensive one in the world. Go figure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Bought ours in Diamondland - Antwerp, ask for Gregory, very nice guy and we got what we wanted.

Amsterdam is a good bit more expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Dewdropdeb

Got mine custom made in Dubai, was valued back here 5x what I paid for it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 shay23b

I got mine in antwerp. I bought an engagement ring and an eternity ring from phillipe harold. I would absolutely recommend him to anyone. Hope this helps. The engagement ring is now worth double. Happy shopping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

Just came across this thread. Also not sure just how far You are prepared to travel, but if expense isn't a problem..Bangkok is the place to go for anything gold.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Dewdropdeb wrote: »
    Got mine custom made in Dubai, was valued back here 5x what I paid for it! :)
    sorry, but someone is pulling your leg, there simply is not a margin like that in the jewellery or any other trade.

A good decent local jeweller will probably end up being the best as they will understand your needs better. I'm sure the lady would far much prefer something she likes than something that someone pretends is valued higher.

If you have to travel, try the jewellery district in Birmingham - great choice in a very small area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

We brought our engagement ring in Bodrum, Turkey for €850 in 2011, then spent three days anxiously worried we had been palmed off with cubic ziconia and brass. We got the insurance valuation in London (where we lived at the time) - £4,200. The valuer in Hattons Cross offered to buy it off me there and then for £3,000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

on_my_oe wrote: »
    We brought our engagement ring in Bodrum, Turkey for €850 in 2011, then spent three days anxiously worried we had been palmed off with cubic ziconia and brass. We got the insurance valuation in London (where we lived at the time) - £4,200. The valuer in Hattons Cross offered to buy it off me there and then for £3,000.

Not the first time i've heard this, I'm assuming the valuation was for Insurance purposes ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

shay23b wrote: »
    I got mine in antwerp. I bought an engagement ring and an eternity ring from phillipe harold. I would absolutely recommend him to anyone. Hope this helps. The engagement ring is now worth double. Happy shopping.

We did the same. They also offer a free yearly service on the rings (engagement, matching wedding ring and my wedding ring) which includes dipping and cleaning

Advertisement