Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone - for personal & wifi hotspot use

Options
  • 08-05-2013 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

It's time to upgrade my 2 year old HTC wildfire - it's served me well but really is out of date now I think and has gotten progressively slower over time.

I'm currently with Meteor on a monthly SIM only plan that gives me 1GB of data but I like the look of the Three all you can eat data offer. I have the Vodafone dongle at home which only gives me 10gb of data & doesn't allow me to use Skype so was thinking if I moved to the Three plan I could use my phone as a wifi hotspot in the house.

Are there minimum requirements I should look for in a new phone if I want to do this? I mainly use the phone for general browsing and some music downloads with more data would like to use it for videos as well. Oh and I use my phone as my camera as well.

I'm not sure of my budget - if I have to sign-up to a contract I don't want the monthly bill to be more than €30 or could probably outlay about €250 on the phone if I go payg.

I'm really not a techie at all so please keep it simple :o..thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

NH8360 wrote: »
    Hi,

It's time to upgrade my 2 year old HTC wildfire - it's served me well but really is out of date now I think and has gotten progressively slower over time.

I'm currently with Meteor on a monthly SIM only plan that gives me 1GB of data but I like the look of the Three all you can eat data offer. I have the Vodafone dongle at home which only gives me 10gb of data & doesn't allow me to use Skype so was thinking if I moved to the Three plan I could use my phone as a wifi hotspot in the house.

Are there minimum requirements I should look for in a new phone if I want to do this? I mainly use the phone for general browsing and some music downloads with more data would like to use it for videos as well. Oh and I use my phone as my camera as well.

I'm not sure of my budget - if I have to sign-up to a contract I don't want the monthly bill to be more than €30 or could probably outlay about €250 on the phone if I go payg.

I'm really not a techie at all so please keep it simple :o..thanks.

Its against 3's T&Cs to use tethering or your hotspot on the phone. They have just changed their plans too, which apparently make them much less competitive.
    Get yourself a 3 sim card before you make any decision, like any operator their signal can be brutal in certain areas, so check before you commit.

Advertisement