Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Head lamp or footlights?

Options
  • 08-05-2013 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭

Having stumbled across this LED footlight I wonder what other night runners thoughts are on it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Having stumbled across this LED footlight I wonder what other night runners thoughts are on it?

I imagine there would be too much movement, I'd be dizzy :p
    In good underfoot conditions just a headlamp for me and on trail a waist or hand torch - hand torch is handy to switch on when needed and highlight a turn or obstacle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

It's almost like a spoof product. Surely by the nature of running the light will spend a relatively short amount of time pointing to where you actually want to run. It may be fine on pavements but useless on anything rougher.

The people they have on the video demonstrating it have strides like penguins.

And as BeepBeep said, it could be nauseating.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

ThisRegard wrote: »
    The people they have on the video demonstrating it have strides like penguins.

Thought that myself, very flat stride almost like a cross country skier.

Advertisement