Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dcu mature student offers

Options
  • 08-05-2013 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

I sat the DCU mature student interview on April the 18th. The college said the offers would be released in 2-3 weeks time. Just wondering has anybody heard back from DCU yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭dougiex06

I sat my interview for physical education with biology on the 24th and received this email today

"Dear Adam,
    I have yet to receive the results of the interviews for this programme from the Chair. I have requested him to reply following your email and I hope to issue letters in the next week or two advising of the outcome of mature applications.
    Regards
    Noeleen"

however depending on the course some people have already been accepted. I think i read on here that someone got accepted to some sort of computers course? What did you go for? the wait is horrid isnt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 yizzer

Hi,

The wait is terrible alright. The 3 weeks would be up today so expecting an e-mail at some stage today. I went for sports science and health dc 202. Hopefully here something soon and put me out of my misery haha

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Nordie Durdle

It was me that got accepted. :D
    I had an interview with GMIT on Wednesday so in order to save me from having to travel from the north to Galway and save GMIT from going through the interview process I rang DCU to ask if there had been a decision made on my application. It took the registry nearly ten minutes to pick up the phone, felt quite bad, I imagine they are incredibly busy at this time of year.

I'd bear in mind the computing course I picked only has about 60 places and I don't believe it would have very many mature applications so I can't vouch for other courses. They did say they would be posting out this particular courses letters of offer 'shortly' I'm expecting the letter to arrive next week.

Hope to see some of you in September!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭cw67irl

I got accepted to Analytical Science, Cant wait to get stuck into it!

Out of interest what sort of ages are people going the mature route ? Im 26

Congrats to everyone who got accepted.

Il be starting Sports Science and Health in September, really looking forward to it.

And Im 30

• Advertisement

Did you receive your letter today Yizzer? I'm expecting a letter in the next few days. Congrats on getting in, I'd say your chuffed!

Hi dougie,

Im chuffed to get it alright. I received the letter on Monday morning. Hope you get yours soon

I rang up there today and got the bad new unfortunately. I didn't get an offer but Ive been put on some sort of "on hold" list incase someone doesn't accept the offer i assume. Devastated to say the least but such is life. Best of luck anyway and enjoy it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Sorry to hear that dougie

• Registered Users Posts: 20 MintyBear

I have applied for Actuarial Science. Interview was on 29 April and seemed to go well so just waiting to hear back about an offer. I have only ever used UCAS before to apply for universities, so the CAO is all very strange to me. Will it be a conditional offer? For example, you will be accepted if you get a first class in your current academic studies etc ??

Also, I will be moving down from Belfast so need accommodation. Are any of you applying for on campus or just doing your own thing? I don't know anyone in Dublin or at DCU.... I don't want to be the only 25 year old amid loads of 18 year olds in halls!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 MintyBear

After emailing the admissions earlier and posting on here, I got a letter today with an offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ReDdevil87

Got my letter of acceptance during the week too can't wait to get started now, well done to everyone. Anybody doing EPL.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Hi guys, I was called for an interview in a couple of weeks. Any advice? what type of questions can I expect? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

Hi guys, I was called for an interview in a couple of weeks. Any advice? what type of questions can I expect? Thanks

They will really want to see throughout the interview that the course you've applied for is definitely what you want. A clear understanding of the course content and modules is essential. The amount of students who know little or nothing outside of the official course title is massive and this is a big turn off for college placement interviewers...!!

Understand the course content above and beyond the title. Show clearly your passion and enthusiasm for the course area and try to get across the industry is where you want to be employed after qualification.

Once they see in the interview:

1. A clear understanding of the course content, modules and work load.

2. A strong interest, passion and enthusiasm for the course area.

3.That you've thought and planned for the future in so far as the industry area is definitely where you want to be employed long term.

If you do the above, you'll get a place no hassle.

Best of luck with the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

dobbs2210 wrote: »
    They will really want to see throughout the interview that the course you've applied for is definitely what you want. A clear understanding of the course content and modules is essential. The amount of students who know little or nothing outside of the official course title is massive and this is a big turn off for college placement interviewers...!!

Understand the course content above and beyond the title. Show clearly your passion and enthusiasm for the course area and try to get across the industry is where you want to be employed after qualification.

Once they see in the interview:

1. A clear understanding of the course content, modules and work load.

2. A strong interest, passion and enthusiasm for the course area.

3.That you've thought and planned for the future in so far as the industry area is definitely where you want to be employed long term.

If you do the above, you'll get a place no hassle.

Best of luck with the interview.
    That' brilliant advice, Thank you very much.

Advertisement