Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting out of Sky Broadband contract

• 08-05-2013 2:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

In January of this year I took out a broadband contract with Sky, which is slow as could be @ 3mb/s, today I received information that eircom efibre is now available at my address.
    Is there any way to get out of the sky contract without having to pay out the end of it, in favour of 70mb eircom?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Sky will offer 70mbit also when it gets launched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

They seem to be the only ones who do not have a pre registration page,

Eircom, vodafone, magnet and digiweb all seem to be offering it but nothing yet from Sky, are you certain that Sky will offer it?

The official line on the feedback forum is they have no plans at present

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Sky will offer 70mbit also when it gets launched.

Sources or link please ?
    I've heard different version from Sky ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Sky's modus operandi is to sit on the fence & see what the others are doing. Then they'll jump in with their own offers, which will be marginally under the the lowest operator.

Note that there are no tarriffs available yet from the providers. Expect an avalanche of advertising between next week and end of June.

OP, there have been cases posted in the main Sky Broadband thread, where customers got out of contract without penalty. You should have a read of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Vico1612 wrote: »
    Sources or link please ?
    I've heard different version from Sky ...

That's just because of how messy their launch timing has been, having to get themselves set up for DSL and then also needing to get themselves sorted for FTTC (not to mention how messy the launch of the faster speeds will in general be). Not going to go looking for proof because there probably isn't any but them not going to 70 would be akin to them leaving the market. They will probably wait a fortnight or so after Eircom's equipment goes live before announcing, with prices that undercut other providers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement