Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gun smith/restoration

Options
  • 08-05-2013 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm looking to see if anyone knows of or could recommend someone for this job.
    Basically a friend of mine has a shotgun, very old but still licenced. He knows that his great grandfather used it, possibly even his great great grandfather. So its quite old.
    It hasn't been fired for many years, the last he remembers is his father definitely used it a few times around the farm.
    I'm told its a double trigger sxs, theres some rust around the barrel and the stock would need replacing.
    he would like to have it restored to working condition rather than get rid of it. He's living in south meath, but I can't see anywhere in leinster being too far for him.
    Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Mezamo

Tony Curran Ardee Sports for the metalwork Pat Sludds in Wexford for the wood :D

Advertisement