Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do?!?!

Options
  • 08-05-2013 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

So me and the boy have been apart/broken up for the last 4 months or so and it was fine or so I thought, we have a similar group of friends, same college, same course etc. I avoided being around him or getting myself stuck in situations when I was left alone with him and avoided talking to him because I was still hurt. we havent seen each other outside college on a social level since i opened up to him about everything. Even though I ended it because he was hurting me and basically he has family problems and a child with an ex and in my opinion isn't ready for a relationship and fair play to him he did try but it just didnt work. there was either timing issues, family issues or something.. the timing never seemed to be right!

But the other night I found myself in need of help and he was around and found myself in very close proximity and I could feel the tension between us, its still there even after these few months.

Should I just try and hold on in the hope this disappears or what?!?!
    if we try again i just know it will be the same again and i dont know if being friends would work, it hasnt before...

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Cant you do what you have already been doing? Keep your distance? You know hooking up with him again wont work, and you say you can't be friends with him, so it seems your only choice.

If you were badly hurt (and yet still find him attractive) it can take a long time for those feelings to fade, but they do. Give it time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Oryx wrote: »
    Cant you do what you have already been doing? Keep your distance? You know hooking up with him again wont work, and you say you can't be friends with him, so it seems your only choice.

If you were badly hurt (and yet still find him attractive) it can take a long time for those feelings to fade, but they do. Give it time.

+1 - Great advice .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Catphish

So me and the boy have been apart/broken up for the last 4 months or so and it was fine or so I thought, we have a similar group of friends, same college, same course etc. I avoided being around him or getting myself stuck in situations when I was left alone with him and avoided talking to him because I was still hurt. we havent seen each other outside college on a social level since i opened up to him about everything. Even though I ended it because he was hurting me and basically he has family problems and a child with an ex and in my opinion isn't ready for a relationship and fair play to him he did try but it just didnt work. there was either timing issues, family issues or something.. the timing never seemed to be right!

But the other night I found myself in need of help and he was around and found myself in very close proximity and I could feel the tension between us, its still there even after these few months.

Should I just try and hold on in the hope this disappears or what?!?!
    if we try again i just know it will be the same again and i dont know if being friends would work, it hasnt before...
    He came to your aid, you were glad of his help. What you felt was probably sexual chemistry, but sexual chemistry does not a relationship make. You said yourself the relationship wasn't working prior to this, and you need to keep this in mind and a level head. If it doesn't work it's only going to cause problems further down the line. Time to move on.

Advertisement