Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monster of Lough Foyle

Options
  • 08-05-2013 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭

This was pointed out to me when I was up home for the weekend.

Reportedly this was filmed while out on the water to make a short film...

I'm very dubious about this one. It certainly looks like it's something that is getting pulled through the water. The lack of wake in front of it makes me think that it's being reeled in by a vessel that is off camera.

It looks to be quite sizeable, with no obvious propulsion, but the lack of any discernable kind of swimming motion makes it look quite fake.

What do you lot think?

[edit]
    Cryptomundo article: http://www.cryptomundo.com/lake-monsters/monster-in-lough-foyle/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Weird looking thing! It does have the look of something thats being 'dragged' rather then something thats actually using its own propulsion...but then again it does seem to submerge as the video goes on...maybe the motion kept it buoyant & then as it slowed it sank?

Strange looking thing anyway, but it reeks of 'college lads having the crack making a hoax' type thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭dvae

just a few observations.

1st: i do a lot of fishing myself, and never seen anybody fishing from a sail boat on a lake.

2nd: who goes fishing in a dinner jacket and shirt?

3rd: a real fisherman with a fishing rod in his hand would defiantly have a go trying to hook what ever it was. icon10.png

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

dvae wrote: »
    just a few observations.

1st: i do a lot of fishing myself, and never seen anybody fishing from a sail boat on a lake.

3rd: a real fisherman with a fishing rod in his hand would defiantly have a go trying to hook what ever it was. :D

They weren't fishing, they were shooting a short movie, which is why they were dressed like that, and were out in whatever boat they could get out on I'd imagine!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

your OP reminded me of 'The Old Man and the Sea', but whatever that was, didn't look like it was being pulled by anything on the surface. Pretty sure you'd have seen motion from a line at the front, and especially as it turned.

Self propelled jaws-like contraption?

A whale maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

dvae wrote: »
    just a few observations.

3rd: a real fisherman with a fishing rod in his hand would defiantly have a go trying to hook what ever it was. icon10.png

Reminds me of the time I fished a deep rock mark I had a mackerel trace wrapped around a blueshark.

The fight lasted till the 200-300 yards was stripped from my penn mag 525 20 seconds id say :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement